Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #31
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Default Re: Power outputs released for the 2015 Ford Mustang most likely Australian version

Those gen Ys you speak of aren't buying Mustangs. They're buying some form of Japanese or Euro car.

The vast majority of Mustang buyers over here will go for the V8. It's the image. And I'll be honest, when buying a car like this I DO care about what others think of it. If I didn't, I wouldn't buy a Mustang, I'd buy a Camry.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #32
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Default Re: Power outputs released for the 2015 Ford Mustang most likely Australian version

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6LTD351 View Post
Those gen Ys you speak of aren't buying Mustangs. They're buying some form of Japanese or Euro car.
I'm not, though i wont be getting a Mustang either.

FH or what ever XR8 will be my next car.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #33
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF View Post
I'm not, though i wont be getting a Mustang either.

FH or what ever XR8 will be my next car.
Good stuff mate. You're an old school Gen Y.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #34
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

This Gen Y Ford Fan also down for a V8..

Be it the last XR8 or the Mustang, the Mrs is very keen on a Mustang so assuming its priced within reality its likely to get the nod.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2014, 12:06 PM   #35
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wasn't convinced about the new mustangs looks with the early pics, but since seeing a good side profile shot, I think this is the best looking stang yet........ good job ford !
i like the direction they are taking with the stang, mc pherson struts, nice simple front end, easy to mod, cheap to maintain,
good power units choices too I think, not every one will want to pay for v8 fuel consumption, but will like the sexy new Mustang.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #36
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any mention of a release date yet?

I was thinking going the XR8 but to be honest I'd prefer the stang I think
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #37
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
I wasn't convinced about the new mustangs looks with the early pics, but since seeing a good side profile shot, I think this is the best looking stang yet........ good job ford !
i like the direction they are taking with the stang, mc pherson struts, nice simple front end, easy to mod, cheap to maintain,
good power units choices too I think, not every one will want to pay for v8 fuel consumption, but will like the sexy new Mustang.
That red stang in the OP looks hawt.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #38
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Sounds pretty good so far, mid 4s in na form, turbo kit landed for less than 10k, sub 10s happy days ahead.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #39
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Power outputs released for the 2015 Ford Mustang most likely Australian version

If Ford thought the V8 segment was difficult - wait until it weighs in against the 4 or 2 door hot hatchs on offer today - let alone in 12 / 24 mths . One only has to read what these segments are doing in UK and Europe , its all about pocket rockets delivered by Volkswagon, Renault and Citroën. So far , the US have failed to follow and I am afraid a Eco Boost 2 door Mustang at $50k want get much of a following , if Ford are hunting volume sales like those of the above makers.
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2014, 07:17 PM   #40
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

What wait? They've got the Focus and Fiesta ST models already to market. They're not track animals like some of the Renaults, but they're competitive and affordable.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #41
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Missed this one (don't like drive articles):

Quote:
2015 Ford Mustang to produce less power than a Falcon

Ford’s highly-anticipated Mustang could play second-fiddle in the horsepower stakes to the locally-produced XR8 Falcon when it lands next year.

Ford has released full engine details of the all-new Mustang range overnight, revealing the GT version that lands in Australia will offer 324kW of power and 542Nm of torque from its 5.0-litre V8 Coyote engine.

While impressive, those numbers aren’t enough to exceed the figures for the soon-to-be discontinued Falcon GT, which produced 335kW and 570Nm and as much as 351kW/570Nm in its final GT-F guise.

While Ford could limit the XR8’s output – possibly to the 315kW tune used in the FPV Falcon GS – there’s a chance it will outgun the Mustang that is planned to step in as Ford’s muscle car hero from 2015.

The swansong Falcon will dip out of production in October 2016, when Ford Australia ceases manufacturing.

The reason behind the power divide? Both vehicles share the same 5.0-litre V8 engine – the difference is that the Falcon’s will be supercharged.

The Coyote V8 – which forms the basis for the supercharged Miami engine formerly developed by FPV and used in its GT Falcons – features a new intake manifold, revised cylinder heads and valvetrain to extract its additional power but also, Ford claims, to improve its low-speed breathing for better economy, idle stability and emission outputs.

Despite the potential power disadvantage on paper, the Mustang won’t be any less exciting on the road thanks to a host of new technologies reserved for the iconic new model, including an in-built burn-out mode for drag racing and a launch control function.

Ford Australia has confirmed it will offer two Mustang variants in local showrooms in both coupe and convertible guises.

On top of the GT V8 pony car, a base model Mustang will be offered featuring a 2.3-litre four-cylinder EcoBoost engine. It will produce 231kW of power and 433Nm of torque, according to Ford.

Both engines will be available either with an improved six-speed manual or a reworked six-speed automatic with steering wheel paddles.

The Ecoboost Mustang model will rock the scales at 1598kg, while the V8 will come in 1681kg – likely to be at least 100kg lighter than the updated XR8 Falcon.

Both Mustang models will feature fully independent rear suspension for the first time, larger brakes, a limited slip diff and a torque vectoring system to help guide the pony car through corners.

If the Mustang’s power outputs come as a disappointment, don’t despair. Ford is believed to be working on a high-performance Mustang to replace the ougoing FPV Falcon GT on Australian roads – rated at 400kW.
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/2...718-zuciq.html
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.

Last edited by ford man xf; 01-08-2014 at 07:52 PM.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #42
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #43
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Power outputs released for the 2015 Ford Mustang most likely Australian version

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
What wait? They've got the Focus and Fiesta ST models already to market. They're not track animals like some of the Renaults, but they're competitive and affordable.
Understood - then where would the Eco Boost Mustang sit - what market does it carve out ? Ford Forcus has gained good ground in that space - I would imagine Ford will continue its development in the Focus brand so where does that place the Mustang?
Old 01-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #44
bradles024

If the Mustang’s power outputs come as a disappointment, don’t despair. Ford is believed to be working on a high-performance Mustang to replace the ougoing FPV Falcon GT on Australian roads – rated at 400kW.

I love the fact that 324kw is a disappointment, and that they feel like they need to have a 400kw version.
bradles024 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #45
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I always liked the idea of a renewal of the Falcon Coupe, never would have happened though, low sales figures, it would have been a flop, I always liked this photoshop:
4 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #46
ronnas07

Gen Y here. Heart says get the 8. Head says get the EB4.
ronnas07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #47
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's everyone else think ? - will a 2 door do well ? Love the shape - always have - but I not sure the 2 door will be supported
Old 01-08-2014, 08:28 PM   #48
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who gives a **** as long as I get one
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #49
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
What's everyone else think ? - will a 2 door do well ?and Love the shape - always have - but I not sure the 2 door will be supported
Hard to say with so much competition here, but it's a very cool looking car, and mustang has a lot of fans, it should do ok imo.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2014, 04:03 PM   #50
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A nice profile shot.

Last edited by mik; 15-01-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #51
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish Ford would stop bringing out hero V8 cars. There is no way I can afford to buy a GTF, XR8 and a Mustang all in 18 months.

Over the next 2 years Ford are giving us some good High Output options. For a change the red corner is looking a little short on for choices.
hootar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #52
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post

I'm somewhat surprised that they are going to try to flog the EB version here, given the resounding failure of the EB Falcon.
Come on now, you can't compare the two. There's nothing wrong with the EB4 in the Falcon, it's the rest of the car. It's not a SUV or a small hatch.

The Ecoboost motor is doing fine in the Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo and Kuga...
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #53
GAFA

The owners manual for the US version is now available.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_07_2014.pdf
GAFA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #54
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

2015 Mustang...2nd fiddle in the power stakes by a small shot. Second fiddle in the WEIGHT stakes by a significant shot.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #55
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just having a flick through the manual, it comes equipped with a transmission temp gauge, something I've not seen in a car before, I'm liking this car more and more.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #56
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone got any idea of the weights of the cars.

Didn't see anything on that in the manual.

I wonder how power/weight will compare with what we have now.

I hope they're not too heavy with the new IRS.

Just realised the weights were posted earlier. 1681 kg. I should have researched better before posting.

Last edited by 2242100; 03-08-2014 at 12:54 PM.
2242100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post