Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #31
xr6 ausome
Low au

YAHHHHHHHH After being there last year to c my Eagles go down by unfer a goal and having to see all those Swans cheer, it mad me sick. Now however payback is sweet very sweet.
:1syellow1
As for the umps well I have to scratch my head on a few of them but at the moment I DONT CARE WE WON. :baby bott

By the way Im a Melbourne based Eagles supporter/Member u would be suprised how many of us there are. :hihi:
Old 01-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #32
kinksta
Luxojet

what do you guys think of embley getting the norm smith???
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #33
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta
Too close to call for me, I thought Juddy, Kerr, Cousins, Kirk or even Chicky were a chance.
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2006, 06:21 PM   #34
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Please dont get me wrong but regardless of history, they are known as the Sydney Swans not the Bloods, and as you have mentioned are located IN SYDNEY, NOT Vic.

I know about the Bulldogs history. But it doesnt mean that the bulldogs are called by the footscray name. They became the western bulldogs for financial reason IIRC. People still remember footscray FC and it history as that, which is nice to remenise on. But the fact of the matter is, they are not called footscray anymore. The footscray name is a thing of the past, which is my point. Not necessarily the history nor am I worried. Same goes for Sydney Swans, its the name Im talking about NOT its history. I wasnt concerned with their history just pointing out that people are calling the team by a name of the past as its connected by their own personal connection with victoria.

So if that is the case, are the Swans known by both the BLOODS and SWANS?
I'll try again, South Melbourne's nickname was Swans, The bloods came from the colours and the angles which was something of a blood angle blood oath. Now like Steve Irwin once said, You take the boy out of the bush, But you never take the bush out of the boy. Up until a some years ago they still used souths in there theme song, The part where it's (Souths will go in and win over all) Now is Swans). But yes they are a Sydney based team now but there past can never be taken as it's who they are.
Now with the Western Bulldogs it's only a trading name, It's not our real name when they sign checks it's Footscray football club. They still are footscray every news letter that comes is from the footscray football club trading as the Western bulldogs.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #35
Reign
Argg..

EAGLES ALL OF THE WAY!! just go back from a heavy morning/day/night/morning on the ****! The cups back in WA!
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 12:10 AM   #36
AussieJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta
I would never have guessed Embley before the medal was announced, my pick was Kerr or Cox. But who cares, WE WON!

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
AussieJason is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 12:24 AM   #37
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

i thought it would have been embers coz he kicked a few good goals, took a timely mark in defence etc.
Kerr was all flash, bloody brilliant to watch.
Cousins and Judd were workmanlike as always and Cox dominated in the ruck.
Brauny played well....but for the love of god Woosh, trade Rowan Jones, he cant kick for *****. Graham would have been a better pick than him.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 12:35 AM   #38
AussieJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
....but for the love of god Woosh, trade Rowan Jones, he cant kick for *****. Graham would have been a better pick than him.
I totally agree. Brilliant in the WAFL, but he can't handle the pressure of AFL. His kicking has been dismal all year.

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
AussieJason is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #39
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
I'll try again, South Melbourne's nickname was Swans, The bloods came from the colours and the angles which was something of a blood angle blood oath. Now like Steve Irwin once said, You take the boy out of the bush, But you never take the bush out of the boy. Up until a some years ago they still used souths in there theme song, The part where it's (Souths will go in and win over all) Now is Swans). But yes they are a Sydney based team now but there past can never be taken as it's who they are.
Now with the Western Bulldogs it's only a trading name, It's not our real name when they sign checks it's Footscray football club. They still are footscray every news letter that comes is from the footscray football club trading as the Western bulldogs.
You make some valid points that I do understand but not necessarily agree on. But I'll leave it there.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont