Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-09-2006, 12:40 AM   #31
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
I had a guy the other day on a corner looking down reading a paper I was about 20m away with my indicator on.. I slowed right down cos I didn't know if he was going to cross and he just stood there, so I started to turn, got about 2-3 metres from him and he started to walk without looking up!! I got so close to hitting him.. I hit the brakes and horn.. and all he did (as he was so close) was come to my drivers window and say 'Watch out you f-ing idiot.. F-ing P platers think they own the road, I should take down your number plate!"

What the hell!? It wasn't even a ped/island corner, and it's a pretty small/tight corner too, so he must have heard/saw/SENSED a car there.. Sheesh.
You should have reversed then finished the job, what a ****er.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 12:44 AM   #32
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Pedestrians should have numbers on their backs like footy players, so you can report them! LOL
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #33
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a chick near my place who rides her black horse after school every night, bareback. I have almost cleaned her up about 5 times now on narrow back country heavily treed roads. Always on the lookout for skippys as there are a lot around but it scares the $#!t out of you when you come around a tight blind corner through a gully and 30m in front of you is a black horse with a 17 or 18 yr old girl on it in black riding pants and a dark top. 1 night it was a miracle i didnt clean her up, she was just far enough off the road, and i did not see her until about 10m away. Missed the horse by just over 1m!
If i stopped, i think i'd be so livid i might freak her out a bit too much. Gotta stop and tell her 1 night or she's going to end up dead.
Surely she must know she's dangerous?
But if i hit her, i'd be the worst person in the world. And i'd have to live with that vision in my mind forever.
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 12:59 AM   #34
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
I had a guy the other day on a corner looking down reading a paper I was about 20m away with my indicator on.. I slowed right down cos I didn't know if he was going to cross and he just stood there, so I started to turn, got about 2-3 metres from him and he started to walk without looking up!! I got so close to hitting him.. I hit the brakes and horn.. and all he did (as he was so close) was come to my drivers window and say 'Watch out you f-ing idiot.. F-ing P platers think they own the road, I should take down your number plate!"

What the hell!? It wasn't even a ped/island corner, and it's a pretty small/tight corner too, so he must have heard/saw/SENSED a car there.. Sheesh.

The thing about that is, if he had have said it to the wrong person he would have got a flogging!

Bike riders are another group of citizens that need their heads read! They think because its legal to ride 2 abreast that everyone else on the road should live with it and dodge them. What about when a fully loaded b doule crests a hill, with another 1 coming the other way, both doing the full dollar, no shoulder on the road, is the driver going to ditch 60t of B double off into the scrub, pull out and risk a head on with another 60t of b double, or dirty his bull bar with a couple of suited up bike riders? I know which option i'd take.
I know legally they can, but do these people have no sense of self preservation?

Almost had a KTM 950 as a front bar ornament today. Some jerk off on the hume decided in adverse weather conditions to rip the brakes on and slowed to 40kmh in the middle of the road still. I was loaded, had a mate in another truck following me right behind. Licky the truck has got good brakes, and the guy behing me switched on too but i only had about 5m before i would have hit him! Then he just took off flat out!!!
The big problem, weather it be drivers, pedestrians, or cyclists, there are way too many people on the roads, or crossing them, with their head up their @r$E! If people had consideration for what the other road sharers around them are doing these problems wouldnt exist!
Old 25-09-2006, 01:11 AM   #35
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
There is a chick near my place who rides her black horse after school every night............ a 17 or 18 yr old girl on it in black riding pants and a dark top.........
That's all I saw in your post soooooooooooooooooo...........pics??? :
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #36
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
That's all I saw in your post soooooooooooooooooo...........pics??? :
I'll give you the name of the road and you can cut laps on dusk and judge for yourself

When you catch up with her, tell her to get some headlights and reflectors on that horse! Or buy a white 1, or better still, get a motorbike!
Old 25-09-2006, 01:23 AM   #37
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLLy
that happened to me last night except i was like less then 10 metres away and this mother n her 3 daughters clearly saw me 2 ran out right in front of me while the mother grabbed the 3 one and pulled her right towards the car and then decided to move from in front of me, i couldnt help myself wound down the window and yelled " did u wanna die?" stupid ppl the cops would of seen it a different way if i had of hit them, it would of been p plater ran them down like a mad man!....cops need their heads examined!
It isn't the cops fault It is the pedestrians. If pedestrians weren't so bloody stupid, maybe a few accidents and deaths would be avoided.

Yes, some drivers do the wrong thing, but pedestrians certainly cause many of the accidents through stupidity.

And also, your writing is extremely hard to read. Coincidentally, I did an assignment that focused on punctuation today. May I recommend the use of properly placed commas, full stops (to end an idea!) as well as capital letters to start a new idea.
Also, having numbers replace words makes it hard to read.

e.g.

clearly saw me 2 ran out right in front of me while the mother grabbed the 3 one and pulled her right towards the car

I don't wish to be rude, but I really had decrypt your broken message and make sense of it. Part of it is almost non-coherent.

Please correct this in future posts.

Last edited by uranium_death; 25-09-2006 at 01:25 AM. Reason: small typo
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 10:51 AM   #38
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i hate pedestrians. and especially ppl on horses. il ive out near alot of horse breeders and horse blah blah blah ppl. when ever driving through cobbity there are always ppl on horses in the middle of the road. like come on. and when you slow down from you 60 speed limit to the 10km an hour they are doing so that you dont hit the poor thing, so that you can overtake them safely when there isnt any one comming they yell at you for being to close to the horse and scaring the bugger. well excuse me for driving on a road that was designed for CARS and AUTOmobiles. take your stupid horse to the track or to the field you stupid COW.

pedestrians have the smallest IQ i swear it. drive along Argyl st in camden and you will find out why. there is a crossing every 500 mtrs or so and yet ppl run out infront of cars and get all worked up when the drivers honk the horns at them.

i nearly cleaned out a coule of ppl once about 2yrs ago. was in liverpool and driving past ALL SAINTS school on the westfield side. and i approached the crossing doing 30 cause i knew it was a high pedestrian area being next to westfields and all. any way i saw these young man running down the strret in the same direction and as i slowed for the crossing he runs out on the crossing. i slam my brakes and start yelling at him... bloody punk comes up to me and starts screaming that its a ped crossing and he has right of way blah blah blah. he gets all worked up and starts kicking the cars wheels and all that jazz. at that point i got really worked up and put my foot flat stick on the accelerator. i ended up running over his toes. got 20mtrs down the road stopped got out got my "attitude adjuster" out and asked him if he wanted to continue his previous conversation.
the thing is that it shouldnt of had to get to that level. if people understood how the crossings worked and what there rights and responsibilties are when using/approaching a crossing it should all run smoothly. the problem is that no one is educated enough to know what they are.

another example i was in oltimo a month ago and i was comming out of broadway car park and going back onto george st. there was a crossing at the intersection (stupid idea if you ask me there is another 1 20 mtrs down the road) any way i kept my eye on the peds and at the same time the traffic. i looked no peds, and then i checked for cars , good there was a gap. i checked for peds again and none. so i proceeded to go. i got halfway thorugh the ped crossing b4 sum lunatic walked on to it and started yelling and throwing **** at the car. my gf wound down the window and told him to take a flying leep. next thing you know he calls her a slut and a hore. (thats 2 things my gf wont take from no one) wrong move budy she gets out of the car and confronts him about it. no punches or anything. just walks up and stands 1 inch away from him and asks him to repeat that. he simple walks off quitely.

Pedestrians need to be educated. in the past there where adds for ppl to watch when crossing. i work for the RTA , i work in the fatal crash section and you would not believe the stupidity i see some predestrians do. since the Sophie case there have been uproars and meetings planning is going under way. crossings and school zones and all that jaz have been looked at. but what i wish i could do was tell them. HEy lets educated the public in regards to how to use a crossing.

Many Companies such as the RTA ( i say this not as a view of the rta but as a personal view) are focusing more on Drivers and fatal car crashes. im not sure what the percentage of pedestrians are but i will sure as find out. im also sure that the 2004 stats statement is ont eh RTA website under publications and crash data. in my opinion the RTA needs to start a new campaign on educating the public better on pedestrian crossings. and also have 1 format for rules. not like penrith where peds have to give way to cars. it should work both ways.

just my 2 cence.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #39
EF, What else?
A Bloke

All this reminds me of that Pizza episode where Pauly is driving down a strech of road, and their are some pedestrians crossing on a zebra crossing.

"Hang on, their are some idiots on the road." Puts down his phone, gives in some pedal and horn. "IT'S A ROAD FOR CARS NOT PEOPLE YOU BLOODY STOOGES" People are ducking every which way.

Well, I think thats what he said, it was a while ago.
Old 25-09-2006, 01:38 PM   #40
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The way some of you are carrying on with the "i hate pedestrians" frothing at the mouth attitude you would think that YOU had never been a pedestrian before. It stinks of the whole ACA attitude "a car hoon did a burnout - therefore I HATE CARS" The fact is everyone here has been a pedestrian (probably every single day of their adult lives) and I wonder how many of you always cross at the lights on the green man - so some of the whining here just dosnt make sense, it just drags the entire forum down to look like a bunch of red necks. The quality of some of the posts in here, admittedly also by a now banned member are also absolute garbage.

I hate to say it but we are the ones in command of 1.5 tonne plus of motor vehicle - just because some pedestrians are stupid dosnt mean **** - in the end its your responsiblity not to hit them, wether it is their fault or not.

There is no solution to the problem - you can't register pedestrians or give them pedestrian training, or ban them from the road ect. ect. people will be people and will do stupid things when crossing the road, so just farken look out for them and calm the hell down.

Thats my daily whine :the_finge
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #41
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I hate people who brake test me too. Especially college kids who use the 40km/h limit to stuff around with motorists.

Some girl decided to step out without looking and my mate cleaned her up. My mate's insurance company successfully sued her for the damage to his car.

Just goes to show, just because you get hit by car, doesn't neccessarily mean you will win in court. Common sense does prevail in some circumstances.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #42
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

The answer is educating pedestrians.

There is none of that happening. The way it seems at the moment some pedestrians assume right of way, regardless of how stupid their actions are.

And the media, as well as advertising by TAC etc. goes along with it, that the driver seems to be at fault regardless of pedestrians stupidity.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #43
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
The way some of you are carrying on with the "i hate pedestrians" frothing at the mouth attitude you would think that YOU had never been a pedestrian before. It stinks of the whole ACA attitude "a car hoon did a burnout - therefore I HATE CARS" The fact is everyone here has been a pedestrian (probably every single day of their adult lives) and I wonder how many of you always cross at the lights on the green man - so some of the whining here just dosnt make sense, it just drags the entire forum down to look like a bunch of red necks. The quality of some of the posts in here, admittedly also by a now banned member are also absolute garbage.

I hate to say it but we are the ones in command of 1.5 tonne plus of motor vehicle - just because some pedestrians are stupid dosnt mean **** - in the end its your responsiblity not to hit them, wether it is their fault or not.

There is no solution to the problem - you can't register pedestrians or give them pedestrian training, or ban them from the road ect. ect. people will be people and will do stupid things when crossing the road, so just farken look out for them and calm the hell down.

Thats my daily whine :the_finge

agreed there are 2 sides to every story. and as you have pointed out i myself obviously has been a pedestrian. the difference between myself and some other people is that i am aware of the traffic around me. i know not to just run on the road cause there are zebra stripes. point being some people have more common scence then others. and normally the ones with less tend to have accidents.

You may not be able to "train" people in using a pedestrian crossing but we can educate them via the media so that they know how to use a crossing and avoid accidents. we dont train our children to look both ways when crossing a road or not to run. we educate.

sure its our responsibility to avoid them, but its THEIR responsibility not to cause an accident. its THEIR responsibility to cross safely, not run accros the road.

and i do believe nearly everyone if not all look out for them otherwise the title of the thread would be "i killed and idiotic Pedestrian".

Old 25-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #44
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's pretty much common sense though. A person can stop within a second a car can't. Yet all the crap seems to fall on the driver. Unless they were speeding or driving dangerously I can't see why it does.

Plus people can cause big damage to a car. Should of seen my mates Civic. First time I saw it I thought he hit a cow, and he simply replied, "Your not far off the mark!"
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 02:09 PM   #45
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn

pedestrians have the smallest IQ i swear it.
You're not serious?

Tell me, what does EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THESE FORUMS become when they turn the ignition off and get out of the car???
Old 25-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #46
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
You're not serious?

Tell me, what does EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THESE FORUMS become when they turn the ignition off and get out of the car???
sorry i was reffering to the people that get hit or cause accidents. i should of made it clearer. sorry.

Old 25-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #47
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

I think it is common sense not to walk onto the road when you KNOW there is a car there. If you are not smart enough to realise this....Too bad for you!
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Boss 260 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #48
lcdownes

In the end though, you are always responsible for maintaining a safe speed. This doesnt mean you should sit on the speed limit and certainly never means you should exceed it.

Also pedestrians always have right of way. Not the other way around.
lcdownes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #49
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
sorry i was reffering to the people that get hit or cause accidents. i should of made it clearer. sorry.
Geez... even then bloke, some fairly extreme views you hold against peds!!! lol
Old 25-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #50
McobraR
me may my mo

What i hate is the people in my area exercising at night wearing dark clothes, and they pop out of nowhere even though they're the one that should be able to see me (my headlights). What makes it worse is that some prefer to run/jog ON THE ROAD, rather than the freakin footpath! Whats wrong with some people?
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #51
LTDHO
The one and only

When I drive home from work there is ped crossing and their light goes red. Mine goes green and they continue to enter... If I don't move peds continue to cross.

I hate it with a passion, becuse if I hit them (even at 10kph) I will be blamed.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #52
Sapper
Back to the AU

With all this talk of educating people about behaving safely as pedestrians, I am reminded of the scare tactics used by the RTA to discourage 'hooning.' I'm sure all you other NSW guys remember the ad with the AU ute. (For those who haven't seen it, its on AUFalcon.com). I wonder how people would react to a dramatised ad showing a pedestrian being turned into a bonnet ornament for reckless behaviour (I'd be pretty horrified, but you couldn't show an acutal impact), or maybe a commercial where some random doctor explains the injuries that you might incurr if you get hit by a car at 60km/h. Ask anyone who's been on a Murcott's driving course where they keep their clublock...
Old 25-09-2006, 02:57 PM   #53
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

One more for the idiot files, heading to Nepean Hospital in an Ambulance with its lights going, I'm in the back holding down a crazy woman hating drug ********* patient, look up for a second to notice a female pedestrian run across the road metres ahead of the ambulance. The driver shook his head. "IDIOT!"

But I've almost been run down twice at Zebra crossings, once in full cop uniform! I can't believe it!

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #54
AUIII

I came across a nice pedestrian today.

I approached a four lane intersection today and was in the left lane with my indicator on signaling left, a lady with a pram and a toddler was waiting at the lights to cross, the green man appeared and she proceeded to cross the road safely.

I was taught not to race in front of the pedestrians once they had started to cross the road the toddler could of taken off who knows so I was letting them cross safely.

As I am sitting there waiting, A guy behind started beeping his horn continuously and carrying on like a complete idiot to get me to move

He made such a scene that the lady stop in the middle of the road rolled her eyes and signaled me to go so this moron could proceed to cross the intersection at great speed.

There are just as many stupid drivers as there are pedestrians.

But I've almost been run down twice at Zebra crossings, once in full cop uniform! I can't believe it![/QUOTE]

You have to be so vigilant and make eye contact with drivers even when crossing a zebra crossing , at a well signed crossing at my local shops, foot on the crossing about to cross I am amazed at how many drivers are staring forward as they sail through with out stopping.
Old 25-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #55
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII
There are just as many stupid drivers as there are pedestrians.
Amen to that, and remember all drivers are also pedestrians and many pedestrians are also drivers. Darwinian principles will apply across the board.

Here's an example of a stupid idiot DRIVING on the road. In the weekend a member of the grey army (with ACT plates) hauling a caravan with a Landcruiser arrives from somewhere up the coast at the end of the F3 where it goes into Pennant Hills Road. Sydney and central coast people will know it - fairly sharp 3 lane turn but everybody stays in their lanes, even B doubles who professionally do it without crossing lanes.

This grey haired lad is in the centre and I'm in the left going round the curve beside the caravan, next thing he takes his whole rig into the left lane on the bend. No signal - nothing. I am reminded again the Territory's horn is a bit feeble - must invest in some good airs. If anybody wants to take out this guy when he becomes a pedestrian please feel free.

OK - I will single out a type of pedestrian. Its the mothers with a stroller who come out between parked cars to cross the road but to see if there's any traffic they have to come out to get a view. They themselves are still between the parked cars but the stroller is out in front of them - in the traffic!!! Darwinian principles unfortunately don't apply to the relevant person here but to the innocent little one in the pram!
Old 25-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #56
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
Toyota - the McDonalds of motor cars
Hmmm..I question that one...

I don't mind the occasional McChicken.

Whereas the Camry is a vehicle that I do not ever want to own, touch or ride.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #57
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
What i hate is the people in my area exercising at night wearing dark clothes, and they pop out of nowhere even though they're the one that should be able to see me (my headlights). What makes it worse is that some prefer to run/jog ON THE ROAD, rather than the freakin footpath! Whats wrong with some people?
i get alot of those stupid Homie-G kids they walk out infront of me and dont walk fast and then if u get close swear at you. If they wanna play games like that i wack it into 2nd and put the pedal to the medal scares the living **** out of them and then they yell and swear at you so you crank a big smokie turn around go back and the little pussies there 15 of them 1 of me. And they all run like the wind when i turn around.
Old 30-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #58
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

What ever happened to teaching pedestrians to look out for traffic !!!!! / roads are for cars / footpaths are for pedestrians ! , instead of nowerdays car drivers been told to look out for pedestrians and lowering speed limits ! . I remember when i was a kid they had the add on tv , and it's still burned into my brain now !, and i still follow it ...

"Stop at the curb , look to ya right , look to ya left , look to ya right again , then when the road is clear of traffic , walk straight across the road , don't run! , walk straight across the road. " ..lol

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #59
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I wasn't wishing it upon anybody, nor would I ever.

I was saying that in some cases where people do not accept responsibility and are not careful, they perhaps deserve what they get, rather than the driver have the finger pointed at them.

Pedestrians must also play a role in avoiding car-related pedestrian fatalities, as should drivers.

Unfortunately, this is not the case at the moment.
exactly.

its happened a few times to me as well. they see you coming and FFS its not that hard to see a big VENOM RED falcon coming towards you. but they proceed to walk and i either put all my faith in my not so good brakes or swerve, and let everyone in the neighbourhood no how much of a physco i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
What ever happened to teaching pedestrians to look out for traffic !!!!! / roads are for cars / footpaths are for pedestrians ! ,
you get people who walk on the road even with a footpath (brand new and wide) about 2m beside them. idiots

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #60
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

www.walk.com.au (Harolds mob).

Mildly OT but not fully in relation to pedestrian safety, 2005 saw law enacted and operable in Germany, France, Italy and Hungary that you must not stop at a roadway for any reason (breakdowns, crashes) without not first wearing a safety vest. All EU market vehicles must now carry them as standard equipment, in addition to the usual.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post