Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #31
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they didnt contribute to the picnic very much...
Old 31-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #32
Cam
Stroking it...

Depending on the Location i will bring the AU along. And the 30th works perfectly for me

As for the XR people, if they want to come and be snobs because they have some great tickford badge on their car then let them, surely everyone else can see how lame they really are.

Cam
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #33
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfords-dot-org
Depending on the Location i will bring the AU along. And the 30th works perfectly for me

As for the XR people, if they want to come and be snobs because they have some great tickford badge on their car then let them, surely everyone else can see how lame they really are.

Cam

I have a tickford badge on my car and on me, but I am far from being a snob : :

What location would suit yourself.. and others for that matter.. I am sure that Tim and Simon would also agree that we need people's input... The more input the better meet we will have..

The date is secured (only date really possible in September to accommodate everyone)...

As for people's cars.. I think I can personally state here that whilst some people in clubs can be snobbish I don't believe all are.. But, if people feel that others are looking down on them due to their car not having a tickford, or FPV or whatever special badge, then you are letting your beast down..

Be proud of your cars.. People have given me rubbish over time because I am so in love with E-Series cars, I don't care.. they are awesome looking beasts and there are some really impressive ones (take OEDs for example)...

So please don't let others make you feel less important.. because simply put, you are no less important than the next person - our love of the blue oval and an appreciation of each others beasts is what counts..

And lets get this puppy happening (more meets = more fun = more being around some awesome cars)...

Cheers
fiery
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #34
Cam
Stroking it...

Well i am in Springwood so I am fairly open to any ideas, Personally i'm a huge fan of Mt Tambo, despite it costing me $328 485.58 in petrol, lol

Or Is there any reason we couldn't do a late arvo meet and tie it in with a trip to BWCP? I surely would like to see one Isle full of Fords!

I wasn't personally saying you are a snob, but with alot of us i am sure we've come across the sort of people refferred to above, and its not just Tickford drivers either. Quite often someone with a nice car will try and bag out people with smaller pockets and as such older / not as fast cars.

Hell i've had an indiot pull up next to me and tell me i should've bought a "tickford AU XR8 like me" Hell his car was a bucket load slower, IMO didn't look as good, definately wouldn't have stopped / handles as well as mine etc etc Personally think some people place too much emphasis on that logo, hell if i did i'd be driving a TS50 instead of my car!
Instead i preffered my car, as it was also stroked, had a kit, had a custom leather interior, AP racing brakes, suspension upgraded etc etc

And not only do i munch T series, i do it with a car worth a bucket load less and that no one else has! So needless to say i am proud of my car regardless of what other people think, hell i drove around E series's for years, and yet one perticular very well known person on this forum thought it was funny to bag me out because his car was an EB XR6, and was faster and prettier, needless to say he lived at home with mummy...

/end rant

As said by yourself, more cruises = more fun, and i'm all for it!

Cheers
Cam
Old 31-08-2006, 05:16 PM   #35
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
well byron bay is kinda more central to the sydney folks than brissy. but whatever.

Good point. I suppose the question is how many NSW members are going to show if it's at Byron or somewhere nearby?

Also, Hello Cam. Good to see you around mate. Hopefully you can bring some FastFords members with ya.
BI6TIM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #36
janek
Ripping it up

im in...
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #37
HLC
Audi S3

if its the 30th, im out. i wont be able to drive (or walk : )
Old 01-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #38
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BI6TIM

Also, Hello Cam. Good to see you around mate. Hopefully you can bring some FastFords members with ya.
Once the organisers decide on a location i'll post it on my site and see what interest there is.

Cam
Old 02-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #39
ozyute

has a decision been made yet on the location and date
have to organize work times to suit if possible
regards daryl
ozyute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 05:20 PM   #40
OZFORDAU
Banned

30th is that date...As far as location i haven't been told of where it's going to be held yet! But i'll start chatting to Fiery & BI6TIM and i'll let everyone know asap!

Cheers & Thanks for your patience everyone........

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #41
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Im still looking into whether i can go. the 30th is right towards then end of my holiday, so it leaves me around 2 days to get back to Melbourne.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #42
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about considering whats happened we cruise to Australia Zoo for a bbq??
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #43
judicator880
Starter Motor

30th sounds good, i will be driving from Emerald QLD so if there is anyone from Rockhampton, Gladstone or anyone near the gem fields also looking at going, would be great to convoy with you!
judicator880 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #44
janek
Ripping it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayner22
How about considering whats happened we cruise to Australia Zoo for a bbq??
Thats a nice thought...

30th is no good to me... i have ppl coming over from Syd/perth, and im going to Noosa :S
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 09:28 AM   #45
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am waiting to chat with BigTim about where etc, he is currently out at Powercruise as far as I am aware....(hoping they aren't getting rained on as we speak - or should I say, as I type : )

Hopefully we will have something concrete this week.. but yes it does seem that the 30th is the best date so far....

If others have a date that would suit, we really needed to hear what date it actually was other than just that the 30th didn't suit..

So on that note, PM either BigTim, myself or OZFORDAU with ideas...
or simply throw them up in this thread..

Lets make this an awesome day with lots of awesome cars.... :

Cheers
fiery
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #46
The Monty
Just slidin'

Well seeing as I have a new joband I now have to work saturdays, I am unsure if Ill be able to make it. If its after about 2 in the arvo, Ill be there, but if not, Ill just catch up next time.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:49 AM   #47
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Im out bud, no can spare the time. I have to be back in melbourne for work.

No work = No mod car.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #48
OldManGhia

I wont be able to make it but if your interested you can drop in for a coffee on your way through to Byron Bay. PM me if your interested.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #49
KennyV
Starter Motor

Hey I'm new, I'd be interested in taking part in this cruise. If it's on the 30th that should be free for me.
KennyV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #50
OldManGhia

Just a reminder that the Coffs Harbour Show & Shine is on from 30/9 to 1/10. Below is the link to the original post if anyone is interested.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=53552
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #51
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Im out...

Sorry guys but im out....I can't stay that long up there anymore as i have events to attend to down here in Melbourne!

Sorry but im sure Fiery and BI6TIM will talk to u if you want any more information if this event is still happening!

Cheers

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post