Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #31
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
Mate if it doesent turn up ebay is pretty good about getting your money back, an ******** has screwed me over before and through the ebay connections ebay did get my money back. Hope it all goes well
Only problem there Josh is that I think Ebay charge you $25.
Old 27-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #32
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is it Ebays fault when a buyer/seller turns out to be a terd? Why is it Ebays fault when someone uses an unregistered seller and gets a bum steer. I haven't used them lots but, about 20 times but I won't blame them if the deal goes wrong. If I didn't think the seller was legit I left it alone no matter what. I bought a used car today and I probably didn't do all the checks I should have but it drove and looked OK with logs and low K's so I bought it but if it goes a bit pear shaped I won't blame the dealer until he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain or warranty. Hows about we stop trying to blame everyone else and start being a bit more responsible for our own actions. Thats my rant for the day' I must be tired. Goodnight.
Old 27-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #33
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
it but if it goes a bit pear shaped I won't blame the dealer until he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain or warranty.
Would you like time to reload and shoot yourself in the other foot?

"Holding up their end of the bargain or warranty" is just what we're talking about.
Old 27-08-2006, 08:20 PM   #34
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still not ebays fault if there is a problem with the deal as they are only the facilitater of the deal and it is not up to them to warranty against shonky sellers and buyers. They do have help and procedures in place to avoid these situations but nothing is infallible.
Old 27-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #35
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

I bought a used #edit# pump off Ebay still works ok..it would want too, the guy i bought it off only used it twice

Last edited by SpoolMan; 27-08-2006 at 09:53 PM.
TATT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 08:34 PM   #36
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

thats a bit inappropriate.

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Why is it Ebays fault when a buyer/seller turns out to be a terd? Why is it Ebays fault when someone uses an unregistered seller and gets a bum steer. I haven't used them lots but, about 20 times but I won't blame them if the deal goes wrong. If I didn't think the seller was legit I left it alone no matter what. I bought a used car today and I probably didn't do all the checks I should have but it drove and looked OK with logs and low K's so I bought it but if it goes a bit pear shaped I won't blame the dealer until he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain or warranty. Hows about we stop trying to blame everyone else and start being a bit more responsible for our own actions. Thats my rant for the day' I must be tired. Goodnight.
Yeah just to clarify, Ive got no beef with Ebay. Im only after the seller, or more correctly - Im only after what I paid for.
Old 27-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #38
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMan
thats a bit inappropriate.
Why? did you bid on it? i'll sell it to you cheap
Old 27-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #39
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATT2
put it away mate, even if you are joking. no need for this.
Old 27-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #40
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
put it away mate, even if you are joking. no need for this.
ok mate, i put it in the drawer
Old 27-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #41
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Still not ebays fault if there is a problem with the deal as they are only the facilitater of the deal and it is not up to them to warranty against shonky sellers and buyers. They do have help and procedures in place to avoid these situations but nothing is infallible.
But Ebay was NOT the facilitator here. THe transaction was NOT performed directly via Ebay. For that, Ebay has no responsiblity regarding this.

You are also not allowed to contact sellers to arrange deals outside of Ebay to my understanding. This is done because a) Ebay wants the money and b) Ebay offers no protection for deals done outside Ebay (although they also offer nothing for deals within!).

But as was said, the dealer is still a thief and steps should be taken to get the cash back, if not the goods that were paid for.

But to all out there, be careful.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #42
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry b2tf my appologies I guess my post came across as putting you in the middle of the picture but I didn't actually mention you. So many of these threads start by bagging Ebay when it clearly isn't Ebay's fault.
Old 27-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #43
phoon
BOLLOCKS

I sell parts on ebay and this is the way I work it. I use registered mail, which means that the items have to be picked up from local post office by the buyer. I have traceability when the parts have been picked up. If for any reason they get lost in the mail and therefore cant be picked up by the buyer and the buyer contacts me, I will replace immediately at no cost to the buyer, then I do the arguing with Aust Post. I dont see why the buyer who pays in good faith should suffer.

Cheers

Jeff
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 09:25 PM   #44
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
was the item listed on ebay?

if so you have a claim

if not it isnt a ebay problem unless sold via ebay
if its a private sale then its between you and the ebay user.

good luck
nope sorry no claiming.... ebay claim have to be $30+ on item price (not inc post) so thats out... talking to ebay...thats out even without thinking already been down this road, even had the police involved and well im still $25+ short ebay WILL NOT care

my advice is if you bought it just recently..ie last week or yesterday or something recent...give it a week or two they might just have sent your item but closed their account because they dont want to do business anymore

also if it does not come then just take it on the chin and walk away.. make sure you learn from this though its too much time and effort wasted trying to track them down and break their legs or get your money back unless your good with programming...LOL

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #45
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATT2
****er.

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post