Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
timmyTTjr
Come On Arsenal

Default Fiesta Zetec thoughts...

Ok, so I have had my Fiesta Zetec for almost a fortnight. I have to say that I am completely and utterly happy with my purchase. It really is fantastic to drive. I will admit it, I have never been a huge car fanatic like some of my mates. However, I am now finding myself going on drives purely for the journey, not for the destination. Unbelievable!
For example, tonight I went for a drive up into the hills for half an hour purely because I wanted to give it a burn. And coming from an old pulsar, this thing has enough guts to really have a laugh, not to mention the handling.
Basically I just wanted to express my satisfaction with the Fiesta Zetec and I suppose to show off a few pics... Cheers and enjoy!

-tim

By the way, I really would love to put an exhaust on the fez... nothing too loud, just enough. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking a 2" cat back system with possibly dual tips... anyone want to show me their set ups? Also, anyone in Adelaide know somewhere they would recommend for an exhaust system?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fiesta_1.jpg (82.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg fiesta_2.jpg (106.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg fiesta_3.jpg (92.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg fiesta_41.jpg (84.8 KB, 30 views)
timmyTTjr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 11:06 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Hey, that looks a lot like my car...
Old 21-08-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hey timmyTTjr if you look for a thread started by me called my Fez is almost done ull see my pics, i got a 2inch cat back exhaust with dual crome round tips and it sounds awesum, its not loud for everyday livving but when you really gun it , it sounds like a beaut. u also get thar racing feel and improved performance.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
goop

I've had mine about 2 months, and I feel exactly the same - fun little buggers eh...
goop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 07:14 PM   #5
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice Zetec Tim!

Everlast Mufflers on Golden Grove Rd at Ridgehaven (near Tea Tree Plaza) do a good job on systems in that area.
Old 22-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I've also heard Exhaust Plus on Park Tce, Salisbury do a pretty good job. Also depends on how much you're looking to spend. Car Toys on Port Rd, Hindmarsh stock Remus exhausts, but be prepared for some shock in terms of price.
Old 22-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #7
timmyTTjr
Come On Arsenal

Thanks for the help lads. I am probly looking to spend around $300-400.
A mate of mine mentioned Aussie Exhausts or something along those lines.
I live pretty close to the city, so anywhere around there would be preferable.
However all of this depends upon my selling of my scooter... bring on summer!
Old 22-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
photn
AFF Post NAZI

my exhaust cost me 330 Inc GST. consits of a new front muffler, and a new rear muffler with resonator and a 2 inch all the way back from the cat. here is my thread all about my car!! Clicky

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #9
timmyTTjr
Come On Arsenal

Ah cheers for that photn, I was having trouble locating it...
I must say that your car looks awesome dude, 330 is pretty good from what i have heard. I have narrowed my search down to two places and will have a chat with them saturday morning perhaps. Then I just need the cash!
Old 24-08-2006, 04:45 PM   #10
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could try Exhaust Technology just down south of the city. I went to Exhaust Techniques (used to be on Gouger St in the city?) once but won't say anything about them..... :(
Old 24-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #11
timmyTTjr
Come On Arsenal

Yeah?
Those were the two places I had in mind, plus Aussie Discount Mufflers which I think is on Port Road.
So whats the story with Exhaust Techniques?
Old 25-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #12
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let's just say I asked for a quiet system and they recommended not even fitting a resonator- just a rear muffler.WTF?!

I then insisted on getting a resonator fitted as well, which they did. I picked the car up and it was still bl**dy loud and sounded *****- they were revving the ring out of it and saying how good it sounded (but what else would they say!?! ;) )

Ended up having the rear muffler changed three times (the idiots fitted a straight through muffler first up, no wonder it was loud!); but it was still too loud at highway speeds. The interior rear view mirror would even vibrate when you floored it at 100km/h.... Then I discovered that they'd stuffed up and the system was expanding when hot far enough for the rear muffler to be hitting on the body behind the bumper.

That was a ~$1500 system, all stainless and mandrel bent with new 2.5" cat with 2.25" piping after cat on a Peugeot.