Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #31
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

all you need for a number one now is a nice rack and a good producer... thats just my opinion, they dont even write their own music... i appreciate the older music for the story telling, instrumentals, and just the general flow of it... as long as i can get my OLD metallica and pantera cd's out im happy...i have the self restraint not to have to listen to the radio...

***radio programmer and radio DJ sits next to me scowling... sorry Tony Mac****

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 12:47 AM   #32
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus
yes fair enough i love a lot of the music from the 60's and 70's, but to say that musicians these days are talentless is a pretty ignorant thing to say. there are a lot of great bands around today, but you sure as hell won't find them in the top40....which is for kiddies.
Yep Olympus , there are heaps of talented musicians out there , I owned a Music Shop for 13 yrs in Sydney , and there's so much talent out there going to waste it's not funny . It's not "talentless musicians" , it's computer sequencing (programing) that put a lot of bands out of business , I spent 17-18 yrs in 5 pce bands , then sequencing started & a guy who can't play (and never bothered to learn ) an instrument can grab a computer & mike and off they go...... Really I can't talk , when I moved to the country you couldn't get work for 5 people & I had to start using "midi" backing in a duo to get work , but at least we played keyboard & guitar live (bass & drums on computer).

BUT the good News , looks like there's going to be a big "come-back" of Acoustic Rock .

Hey Max , Yay for us "boomers" _2:

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 08:06 AM   #33
Juzdin
Starter Motor

Its always the same thing anyway. You're parents would have been saying Zep were talentless hacks aswell when they were big. There are bands today with some cred. The Arctic Monkies seem genuine and Interpol are awesome. My parents think they suck. It's just that their generations music carries memories with them. I'm sure that when I have kids I will be the same with todays music.

Also not writing your own songs is nothing new. Take Elvis and Elton John for example. Their songs are either co-written or written by someone else. And bubble gum pop and throw away rock has always occured, it's just on a larger scale. The difference today is that bands with "talent" don't get big because they are not commercially viable for the record labels. They are still out there though. You just have to find them for yourself (ie: turn off the radio, go to gigs and talk to people about good bands, surf the net, etc.) The radio / tv are money making tools. Similar to the record labels, they play what sells.
Juzdin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #34
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
MAX you've won me....don't know about the hootenanny thing but a beach bbq...good friends...good wine...what else can I add.

Except outback et al seems were going to the coast.
Man, 45, dies after eating poisonous fish
August 15, 2006 09:46am
Article from: AAP

A MAN has died in north Queensland after eating what is believed to be a poisonous toadfish.

The 45-year-old Fijian man caught the fish off a jetty near Bowen on Sunday, police said.

He filleted and cooked the fish on a barbecue on Sunday afternoon before collapsing on the beachfront.

An ambulance took him to Bowen Hospital but, despite attempts to revive him, he died at 6.15pm (AEST) that day.

Two other men who were with him at the barbecue survived.

It was not known how much of the fish, if any, they had eaten.

A post-mortem examination is due to be conducted today.

We won't try this recipe on the barbie, hay?
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #35
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dead right WE wont...we'll get our fish from the butcher....hhmmm rump steak..T bone... snags.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post