Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Romantic Weekend Getaways in Victoria

I have to start out by saying this isn't for me, as my version of a romantic weekend away would be to the drag strip or a car show.... :

Anyway my brother-in-law is looking for a romantic weekend getaway to take my sister to for her birthday and he's asked me (of all people) to help find somewhere nice.

Now he would like it within 2 hours of Bendigo, and a hotel with a spa. That's all i've been told. Of course he doesn't want to spend thousands of dollars. So probably less than $800.

Any suggestions on some nice places around Victoria, that might be worth having a look at for him???

Cheers
Melz

Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 04:37 PM   #2
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

Try google searching bed and breakfasts, a lot of them are secluded and let you have an entire house to yourself with spa, pool, outdoor entertainment/bbq area and generally if they are on a property or out of town/city they'll have horses/bikes/trails for you to use at your own pleasure with qualified instructors.

I looked at something like this for me and my girfriend for our 2yrs anniversary and it came to be around $500 for two nights (off-peak holiday season though)
Old 08-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #3
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been googling for the past 1hr, thought it might be worth a try in here, to see if anyone knew some good places
Old 08-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Warranmang Winery At Moonambel [ near Avoca] nice and remote, great cabins, restaurant to die for,spa overlooking vineyards, no phones or telly in cabins, tennis courts etc etc, i can vouch for this place, its great. Cheers John
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel...y/bedbreakfast

There are some nice bed and breakfasts. I looked at one for $300ish with fireplace and spa in room, 4 1/2 stars, looked very nice.

Edit: I would also suggest checking out where you are staying before booking, I do this all the time and it has saved me many times from very bad, expensive places. (Especially in Sydney 5 star hotels)
Old 08-08-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

mmm Two hours from Bendigo... Limits it somewhat...

Hepburn Springs, there are some fantastic places there, that are not that expensive and she can indulge in a relaxation treatment. If you google Hepburn Springs you should be right.

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #7
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm still not going out with you bogan Craig ... I've found a nice place in Hepburn Springs called "The Springs Retreat".
Old 08-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #8
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
I'm still not going out with you bogan Craig ... I've found a nice place in Hepburn Springs called "The Springs Retreat".

LOL Mel you missed your chance baby...I am moving to BRISVEGAS!!!!!!! : _2:

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #9
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
I have to start out by saying this isn't for me, as my version of a romantic weekend away would be to the drag strip or a car show.... :

Anyway my brother-in-law is looking for a romantic weekend getaway to take my sister to for her birthday and he's asked me (of all people) to help find somewhere nice.

Now he would like it within 2 hours of Bendigo, and a hotel with a spa. That's all i've been told. Of course he doesn't want to spend thousands of dollars. So probably less than $800.

Any suggestions on some nice places around Victoria, that might be worth having a look at for him???

Cheers
Melz
I have heard of a nice place in Echuca (Maddison day spa I think) Dont know how much it costs, but it should be within 2 hours of bendigo (I think) But somewhere along the Murray would be good (I have never been - my version of romatic is watching the sporting highlights whislt sitting on the couch ;)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #10
rodderz

Send a PM to JEM Melz, he has some villa units I believe in Daylesford that are up for accomodation for such weekends
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #11
TZENU
XY Driv3r

http://www.romanticgetaways.com.au/details.mgi2?id=554

hoping to go here for our 6 year anniversary