Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #61
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonko351
i used to HATE beer but have been getting into Boags St George, Hahn premium, Extra dry, (because they're cheaper than jim tins) but yeah, try the St George. its gold!

wait...that made me sound sooo cheap....
Nothing wrong with cheap mate, I love Resches, to me it's a better beer than the more expensive Crown Lager.

Crown Lager, such an over-rated beer. Tastes like a descent home brew at best...
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #62
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Not that much of a beer drinker ... main like my spirits.

But I have tried Boag's St George and Tooheys PILS and rate them fairly highly though.

Isn't Crown Lager just a relabelled VB at a higher price ... I agree ... it is very overrated.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #63
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Isn't Crown Lager just a relabelled VB at a higher price ... I agree ... it is very overrated.
I have heard that. It's the shape of the bottle that makes the difference? Dunno.
Old 31-07-2006, 10:00 PM   #64
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Ah no, Crown Lager tastes much different. VB is pretty mis-named too, it's not really bitter in the scheme of things.

In 2002 the state government put presure on a lot of brewers to drop their alcohol percentages. I'm pretty sure only VB & Crown Lager were exempt from this reduction, hence the rumour.

I'm also heard the rumour that in the UK, when you buy a Fosters Lager, you're actually getting re-labelled Crown Lager. Not sure if this is true, but both beers taste very simillar.
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post