Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #61
alesia
Banned

yeah i agree , the older smaller cars are alot tougher..... i have a 85 KC TX3 . which is a option if your not happy with the normal look lasers(2 door sports model) and if you look in the right place you can pick them up cheap as ..... i paid $500 dollars for mine , had to replace the disc brakes and few wiper blades, new tyres for the roadworthy, and sprayed the bottom half of it in the shed and ive been offered $3000. and lasers seem to last forever
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #62
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek
Ive always been a big car man, of the mindset that there is more metal and space around me, hence less of me that gets squished
HAHAHAHA GOLD

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #63
EL_futuraistic

Both either the Focus or the Astra would be a good choice. Both are european, both fairly well made.

Stay away from the newer holdens, Barina, Tigra, Viva etc... as tehy are all re-badges korean daewoo garbage.

The Astra is still german Opel made, and the Focus and Fiesta are euro built also. Also consider the Volkswagen Polo and Peugot 206. All great little buzz boxes.

Definately choose a budget on how much you want to spend, then also factor in insurance cost.

A 4dr is usually cheaper to insure than a 2dr

There is a lot of sporty small cars around, but the servicing costs on the Euro models is always a bit higher than that of the jap or oz built ones.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #64
Hally

Tigra isn't korean. Made in Europe, based on Corsa (old Barina) mechanicals.
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #65
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_futuraistic
Focus and Fiesta are euro built
Focus is built in South Africa isn't it?
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #66
Tee
turbo lass

Astra is a nicer car
this may be a dumb Question but do u guys have the 2.2 engine in the astra in OZ?

if so then i would highly recomend gettin that instead of the Focus, i have owned a 2.0ltr Focus an a 2.2 Sri Astra an i will put my hand up an say that the Astra was much better in everyway, its also chain driven(2.2)....I know this is a Ford forum so i expect to get slated but since i have owned both cars i really do recomend the Astra esp the 2.2, 1.8 is very good aswell, kept with me till about 60mph then i would hammer away

just my opinion
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post