Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #31
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use car lovers a lot. I use the brush all the time and its never left a scratch. If I copped a nail I'd probably punch crap out of the the attendant for not checking the equipment...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #32
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Ohhhh so good there Laminge.. you cracked a funny
Usually he's just cracking the whip. :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #33
Falchoon

I never use a car wash with brooms or brushes. I do use Laserwash occasionaly, but it doesn't usually get the car as clean or as shiny as doing it myself with Meguires Gold Wash.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #34
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I take the 4 wheel drive and motorbikes there just to lose the bulk of the mud. I'd rather leave wheel barrows full of mud in their driveway than mine!! I've got a good gerni for the cars. Can't beat a bucket and sponge with hot water and good detergent. Much better job and much less stressful than having to race that clock and having some tool giving you daggers because you're taking too long in the bay!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #35
all4ford
XW 351

I go to a self serve car wash in my local town and I take my own bucket and sponge and use their pressurised water. They dont mind as long as I put money in the meter so it is the same as if someone else was using it. However, they did once whinge at me claiming that they could be fined by the EPA or some bull for me using my own bucket and made me put the bucket in my car, they have no problems with me using my own sponge. NO WAY would I ever use one of those horrible brooms on my car.
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #36
95frd

theres a recently opened car wash near me at loganholme ..(sunshine ?)
ive used it heaps ,the degreaser is great ,watch your paint though.
the brushes havent damaged any cars ive taken there.yet..
my gf parents come from the bush & we clean there 4x4 or car there regular.
but we wont take the xr6 there ..lol.(new paint)
i spend about $8 to wash my ef ..better this way with the water restrictions
only thing is that you have to chamoi staight away or you get spot marks .
the water is recycled .but i think the spot-free rince is pure water ..? .
always check the wash tools b4 using them no matter what ..
there vacs are great too ..

dave .....95frd
95frd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #37
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

I've never had any issues with the brushes, i'll usually do high pressure soap/broom/rinse, then take it home, chamois it, apply wax.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #38
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Noise
Take your own bucket, sponge and detergent. As long as you fill the bucket up with their water, there’s not a lot they can do about it. I’ve had a few blues in the past (could you believe that I’d actually get into a blue with someone) with some of the operators of these sites who demand that I stop using my bucket and use their broom. I’ve told these people in an extremely nice way where they can stick their broom and if they have a problem with that, call the cops.
Then I never use their carwash again.
Cheers, Danny
geez Danny, I'm surprised that you dont use the car wash at work
Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #39
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i use the car lovers as said before always presure clean the foaming brush first, then go nuts, no swirl marks or anything have showed up, i was told the brush is better (if its clean) because a sponge will hold grit and is more likely to scratch paint any beaters/spray painters here to set us straight......???
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #40
070mstg

i've heard of issues with the detergent,that it is quite strong, yet of course cheap and not good for your paint, i'll wash the camry once a month in one but i wouldnt take a decent paint job near one, especially all the no streak sprays/wax etc. and god the broom,no way.
was waiting in line in the work car some anus was in front of me one day and was chamoising his car dry,very carefully,and taking his time about it too,i asked if he could move the car to finish it so i could have a go, he said-no,i dont wanna dry it in the sun, so a built up a huge flem and deposited it onto the boot of his car as i drove off quickly, i hope he rewashed the whole thing
yes be great to hear some expert opinion on this
070mstg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #41
warbo
Starter Motor

I have always washed my foci at the carwash from new, never use the brush on it though, just hose on the pre wash, then the soap, and hose off with the rinse and then chamios it off. Never had any hassles with it, done it to all of my cars over the years and they always have looked good. Polish them at home once every few months and thats it.
warbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #42
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I try to avoid the brush, but sometimes I just can't be bothered so I just use it, it's not like my car doesn't already have swirls in the paint (not noticable to the common eye )

Usually I just take a bucket with me and hand wash it, I should just wash it at home though, but i'm getting lazier and lazier and I cbf hooking the pressure washer up.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post