Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-06-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fuel bowser question

i no i did search and couldnt find the pump and calibration question...

anyways question is to what % or extent are the fuel *^*&*% allowed to rip you off by.. i filled the falcon up tonight it has a 68L tank according to FORD and the specs in manual and everywhere else.... i had quarter tank left according to untrusty but trusty fuel gauge..anyways do the math i got 65L from that F&&(*^ bowser i so felt like just driving off even if its theft THEY STOLE FROM ME

ok get this i told the person behind the counter..she said oh sorry your car must be faulty..WTF ill show you faults biach so i paid and left and never again will i go there except to pump my tires

anyways i want compensation for that and my ebay i HATE townsville and ebay im not doiny anything for a week now and see what happens im depressed i need a hug (insert cryin face here - my emotions wont work now damn ^&*% internet explorer and stupid aftermarket popup blocker)

very angry and upset
FalconSR

P.S. i need to leave this town like right now

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #2
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Leave Mt Isa on the coast and come to Cairns, a real tropical city!
Old 10-06-2006, 12:15 AM   #3
NA XR6
!!

You got ripped mate
Friend of mine got 73 ltrs in his BA :
NA XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 12:18 AM   #4
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
Leave Mt Isa on the coast and come to Cairns, a real tropical city!
nah i hate cairns no offence i grew up in innisfail i know cairns spent half year 12 there instead of school now look at me uni student doing year 12 subjects so i can do engineering

anyways yes i did get ripped HAHA i see now its funny cause i did nothing about it HAHA

oh well such is life ill get over it

2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8

Old 10-06-2006, 12:28 AM   #5
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I noticed this when filling up today (had to).. Do they actually mess with the measurements of litres?
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 01:16 AM   #6
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

65 Litres - jesus - guess you wont be doing anything this weekend after you paid for that - what did that cost you.

Also i have seen your eBay refrences - what happened?

did you post it on here somewhere - if you did whats the link to the thread so I can check it out.....

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #7
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
65 Litres - jesus - guess you wont be doing anything this weekend after you paid for that - what did that cost you.

Also i have seen your eBay refrences - what happened?

did you post it on here somewhere - if you did whats the link to the thread so I can check it out.....
it cost me $89.64 for that fuel thats $10.46 off $100 for a full tank - nah im only gonna drive to my exams and food...everyone else can come to me LOL

yeah i think uv found the ebay thing im just gonna buy everything from ford now if its cheaper otherwise it wont happen...

2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8

Old 10-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #8
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I recently pumped 72ltrs in my BA XR8 at Caltex Weston ACT when the fuel tank was still reading an 1/8th. When I later checked and found I only had a 68lt tank I was not happy. That means I got ripped for the 1/8th of a tank I had which is 8.5ltrs and the 4ltrs over 68. At $1.46 that's comes out to around $12.50 per tank. A lot of money to some! Surely with the cost of fuel the petrol stations should be forced to do something about there error margins...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
aimzes
...fairly odd

got 2 45 litre tanks on the F100. usually the bowser says 105 litres.
aimzes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #10
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Having used to work at sevral servos I can tell you pumps are calibrated quite regularly. (most do it monthly) from a conversation I had with the maitanence guy for Gilbarco (a major bowser manufacturer) he said quite often they do go out but usually more in the customers favor rather than in the servo's favor. Most times the servo's are the losers. (rephrase that...the service station franchisee is the loser)
Old 10-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #11
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Having used to work at sevral servos I can tell you pumps are calibrated quite regularly. (most do it monthly) from a conversation I had with the maitanence guy for Gilbarco (a major bowser manufacturer) he said quite often they do go out but usually more in the customers favor rather than in the servo's favor. Most times the servo's are the losers. (rephrase that...the service station franchisee is the loser)
Me too. And same. I think from memory the measuerments in your specifications list are approx only. Over a 10 year period of working at a servo I think we shut down pumps about 3 times due to the driver saying this and none of these times was the driver proven correct. Servo/franchisee bore the cost and the pumps are out of action for up to 3 days so you can see why they are reluctant to take any action.