Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
Swaytan
Swaytan

Default 4 flats, that's right, 4!

So, I'm drivin along today, when the ute in front of me hit a pot-hole. Off the tray of the ute came a little plastic box. What was in the box? SCREWS!!!

And how many of my tyres were punctured as a result? ALL OF EM!

LUCKILY, it happened 20 metres from a Midas, who my work has resiprical business with.

Anyways, all tyres had punctures on the inner tyre wall, so, no repair possible...

So, 4 new tyres, Suva Intensa's, 4 of em = $516. So that sucked, but, after having all the work done, I picked the car up.

The guy who did it said to me "who did your last balance & allignment?" to which I replied "it's a new car..."

He then told me that the car was set up really badly. So, with that I payed the man & drove out. Even driving out of the workshop was amazing. The new tyres & the allignment has changed the feel of the car SOOOO much, it feels like a totally different car.

It brakes better, it accelerates WAY better & it corners better.

So when I get my new fez, I may drive it straight to Midas for an alignment before heading to get the car audio install done.

Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

That's a bit off bad luck but all ended well.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
FordFan86
meow

That really sucks mate.
Did you get the plate of the ute driver?
Best of luck with the car anyway.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

far out eh, bad luck. id definately be trying to remember the plate and send the guy a bill!
Old 03-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #5
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Poor alignment from the factory you say? That might explain the little bit of wheel wobble I'm getting at about 100kph. Hasn't someone mentioned this in a thread before?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:43 PM   #6
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
That really sucks mate.
Did you get the plate of the ute driver?
Best of luck with the car anyway.
Unfortunately I was too busy swearing my head off at the guy to even think about getting his license plate... Doh.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:10 AM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
Poor alignment from the factory you say? That might explain the little bit of wheel wobble I'm getting at about 100kph. Hasn't someone mentioned this in a thread before?
Oh yes - A common problem. Has been explained by one member here in particular.... :

My old car did the same thing....

And wow - dude that really sucks. Especially after getting ride of the LX too... Imagine all the cars behind you too?

Anyway - look to the future. A WQ is coming soon!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 12:16 AM   #8
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Anyway - look to the future. A WQ is coming soon!
Damn straight!