Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-09-2021, 08:21 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default sore neck working under.

having spent some time under my ute doing various wiring jobs, weather because of my age or just tired body, I could not lay down flat on my back with head also on the ground. The pain around my neck was crazy.

Deciding to do something to remedy this I went scrounging inside the house for an old pillow with the wifey catching me.
Low and behold my son was on his playstation with one of these cushion support thingys. About $5 from Cheap as Chips

Was so happy with it I got one myself, rather I got him a new one and kept the dirty one for myself.

Old 04-09-2021, 10:18 PM   #2
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: sore neck working under.

I did oil change and filter on neighbours Accent, ***** of a spot to get to oil filter, have to lift head up 45°!
Already had soft neck brace on and I put a beanie on and put a housebrick under my head, no bullsh.t, it's perfect, I use it to gap the screen door for the cat to come and go!...lol.

Cheers Billy

Last edited by slowsnake; 04-09-2021 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Auto spelling, I hate it!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2021, 12:29 AM   #3
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I couldn't live without my car scissor lift.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:43 AM   #4
slowsnake
Banned

Yes, my brother had 2 car lifts in Osborne Park, pity he sold his business, I could use em whenever he wasn't, and I miss it, but, it's concrete and carport for me!

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2021, 09:13 AM   #5
Rambunctious

Just a heads up when working under cars.

Some years ago, a friend of mine, a Mechanic, became quite ill and could not shake it off.

Eventually he went to the Doctor who found a tick ( the type animals get) in the back of

his head.
Rambunctious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2021, 09:36 AM   #6
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
I couldn't live without my car scissor lift.
I can't live without my 2 post hoist (although my son is relocating it to his new 18 x 9 metre shed, not too far a away from me and he uses it most of the time anyway)

race car now goooone
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #7
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

I can remember all the years spent crawling around under cars and paying for it the next day with aches and pains.
Getting too old now to crawl around under cars on stands, I would have to say buying the two post hoist was worth every cent, I dont know why it took me so long to get one, mine gets thrashed every weekend at the moment with the truck chassis swap, no way I could do this on on the ground with a trolley jack.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: