Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #151
macca_779
Turbine Power

thats fine dude leave your low beams on as you wish. But for others believe me IT IS ILLIGAL TO USE FOG LIGHTS WHERE NOT NECESSERY. For those that wish to ignore this expect to be high beamed.
Old 13-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #152
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca_779
thats fine dude leave your low beams on as you wish. But for others believe me IT IS ILLIGAL TO USE FOG LIGHTS WHERE NOT NECESSERY. For those that wish to ignore this expect to be high beamed.
Not in all states.
Old 13-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #153
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPcoupe
I believe that it is VIC Police and Telstra Policy to have the driving light permanently on. The cars are programed to have them on at all times.
For the 6th thousandth time in this thread people - they are NOT "driving lights". The lights BELOW the bumper of the XR's are ADR and UN/ECE COMPLIANCED - "FRONT FOG LIGHTS". The letter "B" near the E mark tells you this.

TWO EXCEPTION in this dopey market - The Ford Explorer in part, AND the NISSA MICRA Sportz GTi. These are complianced coded 'driving lamps', that only, naturally come on in conjunction with the vehicles high-beam switch.

The letter "R" near the E mark tells you this.

AGAIN - IF you want "lights-on" in clear daylight conditions, USE your your low-beam OR fit a DRL kit vis:
http://www.narva.com.au/Globes_27.html

NOW - IF you can show me, by registration, - a SINGLE Telstra car or van, or Vic Police vehicle that is wired to have it's 'COMPLIANCED' FRONT FOG LIGHTS light-up "AUTOMATICALLY" at IGNITION, I'll show you a virtual instant vehicle defect, guaranteed.

Front fog lights are NOT DRL's.

Anthony QLD wrote: Not in all states.
SOON will be, I promise.
Old 13-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #154
nobbystang

Guy i work with was pulled over and questioned why he was driving with fog lights on, wasn't aware it was illegal to do so until this occured

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
Old 13-04-2006, 11:32 PM   #155
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

IT is in NSW and WA, it WILL be throughout the rest at a date in the future.

We teach you of the prohibition in the NSW and WA driver handbooks. We in NSW will look at adding a demerit point for the offence.
Old 13-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #156
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1FORME
Well from one Moron to another!!

YES as a matter of fact we do need to drive around in the day time with our lights on - you see, in the day time some colour cars are just as hard to see as at night (there is factual evidence of this) and having you lights on lets people see you better. - the RTA and QLDtransport were actually encouraging people to do this - How can this be a problem for you are they too bright for your sensitive eyes? is your life soooo great that this is the only thing you could complain about. /RANT OVER
If you can't see a car coming in the daytime you shouldn't be driving. It is a privilege not a right to be able to drive. Driving with your lights on in the daytime makes you look like a Volvo driver. I personally never do it but know a guy who always did after having a couple of oncoming cars pull out in front of him in the middle of the day on seperate occasions. scared the absolute ? out of him.

Previous:
VH Commodore
Old 14-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #157
djjase
IT JUST GET'S BETTER

Just to clear a thing, when I worked for Telstra I had a VT SS Commondore and its lights came on automatically and so did the fog lights. The best thing I liked about the car was the Safe Driving sticker on the back, which I change to "Telstra Values Safe Sex". I now have a BA XR6T with those sexy looking Fog Lights. I leave them on during night time, they give out a lot more light down low and out to the side for spotting of Kangaroos - I do a lot of driving to Sydney and back and I have never been flashed for leaving them on when the Hi beam goes to Low beam. I wish i had Spot Lights as well.
Old 14-04-2006, 12:18 AM   #158
cupic
Nikon

Worst offenders are the VX & VY Fog Lights
bloody bright toooo bright
How did it get through ADR standards
Old 14-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #159
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang
If you can't see a car coming in the daytime you shouldn't be driving. It is a privilege not a right to be able to drive. Driving with your lights on in the daytime makes you look like a Volvo driver. I personally never do it but know a guy who always did after having a couple of oncoming cars pull out in front of him in the middle of the day on seperate occasions. scared the absolute ? out of him.
I usually use low beam headlights in the daytime on 2 lane country roads, so that someone doesn't plan an overtaking move on a piece of road I will soon be occupying. Does your mate drive a grey/dark blue or similar colour car. These can be hard to spot a km or more down the road under trees...
Old 14-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #160
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I vote-1, that this is the dumbest thread ever...... Who gives a crap wether you do or don't drive with your light on in the days time.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 14-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #161
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
I usually use low beam headlights in the daytime on 2 lane country roads, so that someone doesn't plan an overtaking move on a piece of road I will soon be occupying. Does your mate drive a grey/dark blue or similar colour car. These can be hard to spot a km or more down the road under trees...
haven't seen him for few years but htink it was a darker car. he's new one was a dark maroon metallic color and he was just in the habit

Previous:
VH Commodore
Old 14-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #162
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
I live my lights on Auto so the car selects when it thinks it needs to put the lights on.
my old man does the same. fog lights and all :
Old 14-04-2006, 09:51 PM   #163
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupic
Exactly Right. Who' :alien2: d want to be at that level?
Old 15-04-2006, 12:46 AM   #164
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Not illegal in Vic???? Everything else is so wont be long. In the mean time, leave em on to pee those without them off!!!!! Apparenty doesnt cost anything to leave em on either and.....who cares!!!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #165
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a bunch of Cry babies. he put his lights on in the day time. It hurt my eyes. blah blah blah

Build a bridge. They is no point sooking about it here. If you are that peeved about someone using their lights, tell that person.
Old 15-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #166
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Agree entirely. The real morons are those who don't bother thinking if others can see them. The guys driving about with foggies might "hurt your eyes", but at least you can see them ...
My Commode is ex-Telstra and still has lights-on-running. I get a lot of people flashing their lights at me during the daytime 'cos I have my lights on, but hey .. at least they saw me coming!!
Old 15-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #167
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupic
EASY!

DOTARS as usual ACCEPTED without testing, as is 'routine' practice the supplied EVIDENCE OF COMPLIANCE by the South Korean maker.
Old 15-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #168
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjase
Just to clear a thing, when I worked for Telstra I had a VT SS Commondore and its lights came on automatically and so did the fog lights. The best thing I liked about the car was the Safe Driving sticker on the back, which I change to "Telstra Values Safe Sex". I now have a BA XR6T with those sexy looking Fog Lights. I leave them on during night time, they give out a lot more light down low and out to the side for spotting of Kangaroos - I do a lot of driving to Sydney and back and I have never been flashed for leaving them on when the Hi beam goes to Low beam. I wish i had Spot Lights as well.
I've dealt with Telstra DRL modded cars before, the front fogs lights DO switch off through the normal ISO switch! They are NOT wired to come on automatically.

Yes, the low beams are, and this is legal.

IF they had front fog lights wired to activate on ignition start - then this is an automatic vehicle defect under the National Vehicle Standards and ADR's.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 15-04-2006, 11:52 AM   #169
WINDSR
Genuine V8

Holden Racing Team love driving with their lights on. Even when in front.

I always drive with my lights on in my work van when driving country highways during the day. Its so people can see you. Cars blend in on long straights and sometimes you cant see them. Its called safe driving no matter what you all say about it!!

Fog lights are not needed though during the day.

WINDSR plates for sale. (VIC) PM if interested.
Old 15-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #170
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
Knowing that a majority of people here have got XR6 and XR8, , and these cars have the under bumper fog lights. WHY DO PEOPLE NEED TO DRIVE WITH THESE ON IN THE CITY AREA.

I have noticed that the majority are Rivers and Losers in commodores. There are not a lot of ford drivers who do, , probably due to an older average age.

Does anyone else get the sh*ts with those morons who need to drive with these lights on.

And in the day ????????????

AC/DC

Has somebody got a stick broken in their bum? Wish I had them Syndrome? Build a bridge, Get over it! :lookedat:
Old 15-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #171
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

who gives a CRAP.. drive with your lights on, drive with them off, who gives a flying ИИИИ, seriously... pointless
Old 15-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #172
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I have got lower driving lights and have not used them once. Use fog lights when they are required.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
Old 15-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #173
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

the lower lights on the B series XR's are DRIVING LIGHTS not fog lights, but anyway i'm pulling out of this thread, it keeps going around in circles.
Old 16-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #174
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
the lower lights on the B series XR's are DRIVING LIGHTS not fog lights, but anyway i'm pulling out of this thread, it keeps going around in circles.
LOOK VERY CLOSELY at the lens, next the the "E mark", which is an E in a circle with a number next to it.

What lettering do you see nearby OUTSIDE this E mark circle?

Is it either:- "02B"

OR, "HR".

Your call.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 16-04-2006, 04:07 PM   #175
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

The End!
Closed Thread