Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #61
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

yes but what people dont get is the fact of doing 120 on a straight streatch of road 200kms from the nearest town is NOT going to kill you, however doing 80 in an 80 zone on a winding ИИИИ house typical QLD road may cause you do to slide/crash/die.

its like not a black and white arguement their is a huge grey area and people cant get their heads around it, speed is only 1/10th of what your concintrating on while driving it shouldnt be approached as the 90% rule the government seems to like, ie u speed u will die bullИИИИ/properganda they issue us on a daily basis.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #62
wombat30x

Education,They say it isn't everything but in this case it well chould be.People getting their licences are not taught to drive they are taught to pass a test.If it were at all practical I whould love to see as part of obtaining a dirvers licence,People spending a Friday night helping out in the casuality section of a major hospital.Might just open a few minds to the responsibilty of having a licence.
Also that fact that driving a vehicle is a priviledge,and not a right,You don't abide by the rules then you are punished.If you don't like the rules then we do after all live in a Democracy so go about changing them.
wombat30x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #63
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
I agree with the double demerit points rule, especially over the 'high incident' periods. I know that it has me watching my speed a lot closer now...
yeah but you are concentrating SO much on your speedo and instruments that your full attention isnt on the road and traffic ahead... driving to work this morning was rather scary... trying to watch my speed, but concentrating on the hopeless holiday drivers...
Old 14-04-2006, 11:01 PM   #64
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndes2b1
If you think speed doesn't kill, I'd be interested to read what you think the causes are??
Oh, could be any number of things that the driver wont tell the authorities like picking up the dropped CD from the floor, texting his girl/boyfriend etc etc.

Quote:
A lot of the accidents I have seen in the media now and the past have all had speed as the cause. Well you could argue that it is the sudden stopping that causes the sudden impact.
Of course the media are going to show this, 60 minutes (of crap) is a prime example of great editing.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
So I agree to disagree, IMO Speed does kill.
Speed does NOT kill. But driving too fast for the conditions does.
Old 14-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #65
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil cv8
dont forget that apart from the extra people on the roads, most of them leave after working all day and hit the highway doing 100km/h when normally they do under 60km/h....
I think the other thing that the RTA/Police forget is that other than doing all in the above quote these people are driving a car that they drive to work every day. But now it's loaded to the roof with luggage, a full tank of fuel, wife and 2 (or more) kids and probably tyre pressure that was checked the last time he got the car serviced at K-Mart 6 months ago.

Where they are used to flicking their car through traffic on the way to and from work now it handles like a dog, which he wont find out untill he has to make a sudden movement. Then he's on the nightly news.
Old 15-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #66
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default New fines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenter
the skyline may be fast but nothing can keep up with a v8 when it has been done up the best performance in it
ROFL-LMFAO-@YOU'RE.... STUPIDITY

Good to see the ''nothings better than my v8'' mentality is still alive and well in australia.
I think this has been proven other wise some 2 million times on this forum.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 01:08 AM   #67
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
ROFL-LMFAO-@YOU'RE.... STUPIDITY

Good to see the ''nothings better than my v8'' mentality is still alive and well in australia.
I think this has been proven other wise some 2 million times on this forum.
Proven? Hardly! How about "horses for course's".
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 01:13 AM   #68
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat30x
Also that fact that driving a vehicle is a priviledge,and not a right,You don't abide by the rules then you are punished.If you don't like the rules then we do after all live in a Democracy so go about changing them.
I don't think anyone here disagree's with the rule's on speeding, the inference of this thread is more about the weight placed on speed as being more of an issue than it is in some opinion's and the revenue raising that it attracts.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post