Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Default *Cries* Stupid truck reversed into me :/

Well, I was down at the local milk and cookies shop (Coles) and parked in the car park.

There was a paddy wagon there with some little kid in the back because he was carrying a knife or something (Showing it off to everyone etc etc till someone rang the police and they searched him) so we pulled up and watched.

So anyway, I'm in my park watching (like we all do) and there was a truck parked directly behind me on the other side.

Anyway, he decided he'd reverse out and leave, so he stuck it in full lock and slowly started backing out, I watched it get closer, but by time I knew he wouldn't stop it was too late, we yelled and he didn't hear, and we were silenced by a nice meaty crunch.

Anyway, my left tail light is busted, scratches and panel damage to the boot lid and left rear quarter.

So we the police were witnesses, which was handy, but they didn't want to hang around. They just said "If you need an incedent report, call us, otherwise it's between you two lalala" anyway.

This guy has no insurance, and he has no job, and goes around picking up boxes from random places (like coles, I spose).

The damage is quoted at about $819 dollars from a well known panel beater in town, but the guy who hit me refered me to one of his "Family friends", whom doesn't do two pack paint, and I dont want to use him because I might not get a perfect finish (cutting corners to make it cheaper etc etc).

What should I do? Should I push him for the $819 dollar quote I got from a well known panel beater? Or tread on ice and take his offer?

I only got my licence two weeks ago and some moron runs into me, I know it happens, but still :(

On a the bright side, when the police were there, my mate said "And they say us P platers are bad" to the police officer, lol, whom just laughed and kept to himself :P

Anyway, I have all his details etc.

Should I go to the police station and ask for an incedent report incase I have to go to court to get my damaged fixed?

I can't afford to do it for myself, I have an engine in the shed which my money goes to, and I dont plan on changing my prorities because some old bat in a small truck ran into me :/

I feel sorry for him too, the last thing he needs is 800 dollars out of his pocket, but I can't let it go :/

His mate (the one he refered me to) tried to get me to get it done in acrlic (and the stock is two pack matalic, so it doesn't work, and even I know that) and forget the scratches on the boot lid to save money :/

I feel like a greedy barstard, but hell, he did it :P

Tell me what I should do, because at the moment it's just between me and him, and I really think he'll just tell me to shove it up my *** when I hand him an 800 dollar quote.

Muh, I'll go to the police station in 40mins and sus them out about exactly how to go about it. My old man knows, but after 24 hours after the prang I dont think the police can do much :/

volcom20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

100% do an incident report regardless of when it happened, get your side of the story on paper first.

The get quotes and ask for money and hope he pays up.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

He did it, he can pay. Youd think he'd be more careful with no job and all, and COPS around.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
He did it, he can pay. Youd think he'd be more careful with no job and all, and COPS around.
and you wonder why he has no job .......... hahahahaha

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

there is no way I'd settle for different paint and let them leave scratches on it to save money, he should have thought about not having any money before he backed into your car. I know how having no money and no job feels, if he has no job he'll be getting centrelink payments, and would (if he hasn't already had it) be able to get a $500 loan off centrelink, he can pay them back $40 a fortnight.

Don't settle just cause you feel sorry for him, you shouldn't have to drive around with his mistakes on the back of your car.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #6
gtfpv
GT

Well I Did That To Someone And Felt Like A Dunce . I Got Out Of My Car Apoligised And Offered To Fix It Cash . On The Spot We Agreed On A Panelbeater . You Have The Right To Choose The Panelbeater . Not Him.he Will Have To Pay. And Shouldnt Complain About Who You Take The Car To . As Long At Is With In Reason And Anything Under $1000 Is Cheap And Minor . So If He Dictates To You Which He Has . Go To The Cops And Ring Your Insurance Company.
With The Incident I Had (running Into The Other Car ) I Went To The Panelbeater Of His Choice And Paid Cash In Full To The Repair Shop I Then Gave The Owner A Copy Of The Receipt, BEFORE THE REPAIRS WERE COMMENCED.
That Is The Decent Thing To Do . And That Is What This Guy Should Be Doing For You.if Not Fry Him With The Law.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

volcom20 Have you got any type of insurance?

EVEN if you have Third Party Property Damage Only or Third Party Property Damage and Fire and Theft you can claim damage on your own car.

There is this extension that is automatically included in most policy's called un-insured driver and if you car is parked the only excess that is applicable is the std excess not the age or young driver excesses

Not that you will have to pay an excess if its the other person fault.

Anyway all depends on your insurance

BUT yeah as said get a report from the police for the incident as many ppl fail to pay especially if they are un-insured them selves

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #8
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah whatever happens fist thing go down to the station and get that incident report!
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #9
Bipolar
I'm back. Same car.

Absolutely agree with all of the above. It's unfortunate he doesn't have a job, but you didn't cause his unemployment, just like you didn't take away his ability to drive. If you don't know where the corners of your vehicle are and you can't 100% control it, you shouldn't be driving, or you should be taking lessons. No way you should take responsibility for someone else's irresponsibility. My grandfather doesn't drive half the time because he doesn't always feel he's in the right frame of mind. Maybe this is the harsh lesson this fella needs to make him wake up to the potential damage his driving could cause. What if there was a little kid behind him and no-one else was there to warn him?
Bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #10
fmc351
let it burn

Dudes probably got enough dough to smoke up each week, or down a few twist tops. Hes got enough to cover the cost of his own stupidity.

Forget what he says to you, and get your car fixed properly. If a cow could, it would eat you and everyone you love. Take him to the cleaners ya greedy ba5tard.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #11
BlackLS

Volcom20. Go to your insurance company if you have it and report it. NOW.
Tell them some cops witnessed it.

If you don't have any insurance:
Go get an incident report from the cops that witnessed it.
Get 5 or so quotes for repair.
Pick out the 3 that you like.
Write a stat dec if you feel its nessecary, of everything thats happened between between yourself and the other guy, especially stating how they wanted to fix dodgly. Write a chain of events in numbered format. eg
1. On the 8th day of April I was at the Carpark of the Coles shopping complex at 112 Coles St, etc etc
2. As I was leaving the store
3....8.The incident was witnessed by Con. John Coppa of the Smith Town police. They were at the scene due to an unrelated incident.

Make a copy of the cop incident report, 3 quotes, stat dec and write a letter of demand
http://www.artslaw.com.au/LegalInfor...ry/default.asp
Send all via registered post or give them yourself
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #12
LUXO_8
windsor user

do not use a repairer that the guy that hit you has recomended......would be a huge mistake too.....
garuntee you that you'll get a dodgy job.....

use someone "you" choose, you have every right to...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #13
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

i heard he hit off your spoiler and your new exhaust that bent your extractors and your towbar i have a mate that could give you a quate
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:03 AM   #14
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
i heard he hit off your spoiler and your new exhaust that bent your extractors and your towbar i have a mate that could give you a quate
Extractors which pushed the engine, ripping the engine mounts from the body, bending the front chassis rails.

The cars a write off and the guys gonna have to pay for your new car.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:32 AM   #15
LTDHO
The one and only

Dont't stress volcom20, just lodge an insurance claim and they will handle everything. You don't have to do anything or worry, they'll fix thwe car and get the money (regardless on cost) back of the other guy.

Problem solved.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #16
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

Then again, he might be one of these blokes that's a terrible driver and when ever he is in an accident he feeds the person some b/s sob story to get out of it.

Bend him over and rape his ИИИИ.

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:07 AM   #17
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

chances are he won't pay anyway.. or be able to pay.. It'll go to a debt collector and you'll get $20 a week for 41 weeks :(

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #18
GUTLES
Adam.

Same thing happened to me.. A lady in a Minibus put her tow bar into the Passenger Door/Quarter panel of my XR6, she had no insurance & wanted 3 quotes & wanted someone she knew to do it.. I rang my Insurance Company (CGU) & they asked where i wanted it repaired, I took it there, they fixed it & CGU chased her for the money, was simple.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #19
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMan
Then again, he might be one of these blokes that's a terrible driver and when ever he is in an accident he feeds the person some b/s sob story to get out of it.

Bend him over and rape his ИИИИ.
Here here.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #20
xxxc
tuff

pics?
xxxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #21
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Pics aren't around till tomorrow sometime :/

I went to the police station and they said it has nothing to do with them, and they gave me a little hotline to report it on. The hotline said it had nothing to do with them, so I'm guessing the police are only good for witnesses as I can't get a report.

Aparently it's just between me, him, and the court (if needed). I've got three quotes.

Quote 1) $819 with taillight
Quote 2) $912 with taillight
Quote 3) $480 without taillight.

He's refered me to _another_ friend of his, but I'm not going to him, as he tried to tell me I have to put second hand taillights in due to the car being over 6 years old and being declaired post-historic or some bullИИИИ. So anyway, I went around to more panel beaters and they all said "Crap, make him pay for a new one, the 6 years stuff is just rubbish, he wants to make it cheap for his friend and that's it".

Anyway, I did notice in my insurance that I am covered for uninsured drivers, but, because I'm under 25 and it's registered in my fathers name, I can't really claim unless the damage was worth more than my excess which is 1200 dollars.

We could try and strike up a deal with the guy whom hit me to say that my father was driving, then it would only cost him 400 dollars excess. But, if he wanted to be smart, he'd then try and hit my for fraud, get out of the damage and leave me with problems. So we've decided it's not worth it :P.

Um, yeah, the quote for 480 without taillight seems nice to me, tomorrow I'm taking him copies of all the quotes and telling him to pic and sort it out. I'll also mention the 500 dollar centrelink loan to him, and let him just pay for the taillight ontop.

He seems agreeable that it was his fault, but he said the 819 dollar quote was too much for him.

Hm, I dont know where it's going, tomorrow I hand him 3 quotes, and he can whing in ИИИИИ if he wants, I'll just walk away and drive myself to the court house, and get the ball rolling.

One of his mates also tried to get me to go him halfs in a set of aftermarket taillights from tywain

I'm sick of this already, my old man believes "I'll get nothing because I'm going about it the wrong way." He said if I got 500 I'd be laughing, but I dont see it that way.

The way I see it, he can pay for a new taillight, and have it the way it was before the incedent, no matter how much it costs him.

The told the police officer he had no money and he just said "What'd he hit you with?" and I just said "A small truck" and he just said "It's worth 800 dollars, so take it from him if you have to. But just threaten legal action, and most people normally cough up the cash".

Anyway, just gonna have to see how it goes.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #22
AmmoJammo
Banned

$800 damage to a ford... wouldn't that be a writeoff?
AmmoJammo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #23
cogo81

But you dont have to pay an excess because it wasnt your fault.
cogo81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #24
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

volcom20 even though your excess is $1200. Go through your insurance. You won't have to pay the excess anyway as they are the at fault party.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #25
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
volcom20 even though your excess is $1200. Go through your insurance. You won't have to pay the excess anyway as they are the at fault party.
I know, they'll have to pay the excess, and the excess is worth more than the damage. So it really just makes me break his wallet to get the same outcome.

800 damage = write off?

Most of the money is in paint, mate :P the boot has to be rubbed back and resprayed, and so does the whole left rear quarter. Plus a little bit for the dents etc.

Anyway
Old 12-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #26
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He's making life difficult for you with payment ($800-$900). I wouldn't hesitate. In the end it'll teach him a lesson. He won't screw the owner of the next car he hits around.

I had a truck driver like that. He wiped off the drivers side of my car. He just said oh well it's only a Hyundai. It's only worth a few thousand to replace. After getting back to work he denied hitting it. I went through my insurance co. My only inconvenience was no car for 7 days. It cost him $2500 ;) The cars market val was $12,000.

Going through insurance makes sure you get a warranty on the paint job too.

Write off only happens if the repair is more than 50% of the value of the car on the insurance policy.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #27
EDXR6T

bluddy truck driver's

we had one take out my old ZK's left mirror

we were sitting in traffic at the light's (narrow as hell street)
left lane was clear truck come's baraling down crunch ther go's mirror
jumped out went up to him he kept saying our car ws in his lane WTF?? so u just slam in to car's in ur lane lol...

n e way's took the damaige that was caused on our's out of his driver's door
i think we came off the winner's lol
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 09:59 AM   #28
gozza

cops won't do anything man

a lady ran into my girls rx7 on the highway.....we had the make..model...colour and license plate.....but because the damage was less than 2000-2500 bucks the coppers said it wasn't there problem

suprise suprise...useless heads....
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post