Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
Mk II

Talking Sony Ericsson W800i

I was at work the other day and noticed that we wernt moving these walkman phones, so, being the shop owners son i decided to take one home and see what they are like.
I have now fallen in love with this awsome phone, and was just wondering of anyone else had one, and if so do they believe they are worth the money.
I was thinking about paying it off $20 dollars a week for about a year, would it really be worth a fair chunk of my hard earned $$ on it, or are they not really all that great?

Thanks in advance,
Mk II

Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
Sloth

I dont have one, (I have a K700i) but from what ive seen, I think they are a brilliant phone.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

My sister has that phone, It's great for mp3s, due to the music player and great earphones it comes with + 512mb standard memory, or else just go for the K750i
But on the whole the w800i is great on the whole
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
Xploded

Yeah there a pritty dam good phone my friend ended up getting the W800i well mainly because he didnt want to have same as me. But he loves it, I just have the K750i and I say its about the best phone I have ever had. Not a problem yet with it.
Xploded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
snailracing

Do all your lot phones use a mini SD card? I have a Sanyo 5600 and it comes factory with a 1Gb Mini SD and it is so good to have music on my phone.
The only down side with it is that the head phone input is a goof ball size and you can't get any after market accessories for it.
snailracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed!. I've had mine for 2 weeks and still learning to use it after having Nokia's for 8 years. And the best part is that it cost me nothing!. When my contract recently expired i pointed out to the retailer that i was thinking of changing to Telstra and told a little white lie about them willing to give me the phone for free on a $40 business plan, she rang the Optus customer service, i spoke to a consultant and after a few minutes, free phone on $35 business plan with the option of increasing if need be, (we have 2 phones on our plan, the other is a Sony Ericsson Z520i with approx $9 in mthly payments).
The consultant said that due to being a long term customer with a monthly spend of above $100 was a factor in the decision.
As i found out, it never hurts to ask!, and by the way, no more Nokia's for me.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #7
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

The W800i will use a memory stick I'm 99% sure my SE V800 does, since Sony make them.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #8
Rastus
XY,XC,XEx2,XA,EF,AU,BA,XY

Yeah I like my SE. Mine's a K750i which I flashed to W800i software. Only downer being I only have the standard 64meg Sony Duo Memory Stick, whereas the W800i comes with the bigger 512meg stick. I'll get a bigger one soon enough so I can fit a few more mp3's. Lots of newer SE's coming out now. You end up with an "old" phone pretty quick!
I go here for all the SE phone info I need > http://www.esato.com/board/index.php?viewcat=2
Old 05-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #9
Miss_Aly
Queen Bee

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the work on cruises and the money raised for charity. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth
I dont have one, (I have a K700i) but from what ive seen, I think they are a brilliant phone.
I also have the K700i, just wondering if you have had any problems yet regarding the sound? It has happened a few times, I go to ring and nothing, no sound, if my phone rang no sound just vibration. The only way I could fix this problem for the moment is to turn it off and turn it back on again.

Other than that, I to have fallen in love with the Sony Erricson, considering my last phone was a Nokia 3310!!
:hihi:
Miss_Aly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #10
Sloth

Nah sorry, Ive had no problems with it at all, pretty good considering ive dropped it countless times, including in a gutter and almolst down a drain, and in a carpark while getting out of my car. : Thankfully the screen hasnt been scratched though!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #11
genebaby
Abuser of Charvels

The K750/W800 are damn cool phones. Had my K750i since August, debranded the FW and done a few updates since. Still waiting to convert it to a W800i, but I may get off my butt and do it soon.

Daily: Tornado MY20 GTI

Retired: Venom BA XR8 - build thread
genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post