Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #61
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

If the goverment is serious about its new "single mum" policy and its efforts to get able parents back into work for the good of the community, then they need to address the high costs involved in daycare and pre-school.

There needs to be economical sence in placing a child in care so a parent can work, or else society is better off for them to stay home and look after their child whilst the government covers the cost.

End rant. :
Old 31-03-2006, 04:30 AM   #62
katietheboss

pure profile are paying a $1 per referal at the moment..

pureprofile

enjoy katie
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 05:17 AM   #63
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
Having the choice to have a child is an option as you say. Children don't cost very much @ all. The whinge was to do with childcare, not the children. You should re-read the post.

Childcare centres make plenty of $. It costs me $200pw for 1 child and he only goes 2 days! It cost me $150-200 to spend my daughter to school for 12mths. Now why is childcare so expensive? At the school I can get before and afterschool care for $14 mornings and $12 evenings.

Why's my daughter cost bugger all? Yet for my young fella I have to bend over and be raped at a childcare centre? Someones making a lot of money :(

2 more years and my young fella's @ school. Can't wait! Money back in my pocket
My cousin works at a Childcare Centre where there are 6 staff. Their fees are high yet the workers are paid low rates. Where the hell is the money going indeed?!!! Something needs to change/improve. It's ridiculous. When my teenagers first started school, I had $280 back in the pocket per week. That was half my wage every week on child care. It was struggle and YES I WILL complain - just because I chose to have kids does not mean I can't complain about what comes along with that. Bah!

Back on topic though ... as far as making a quick buck. eBay has helped us tremendously. I buy almost everything for myself, the house and the kids and I sell everything I can. Shoes, clothes, toys, books etc. Even if I only make a $10 sale, after fees it's about 8 or 9 bux but hey, it's bread & milk to me. I've downgraded my net and my foxtel which helps. My kids are not spoilt. They don't care about name brands - a jumper is jumper regardless of where it was bought or what logo it has. My lawn guy comes every six weeks now instead of every 3 weeks. Takeaway is limited to once a month. There's alot to help keep a bit in the pocket as long as you can handle the sacrifice.

I run a small home business but I have to say, without my eBay sales, honestly, I'd be struggling alot more. And I have a pureprofile account which currently has $51. If I cash in the money, that's a tank of fuel right there.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #64
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
I met a dude at a club last week and he was selling little blue tablets. Seemed to earn a bit. Maybe give that a go.
Just don't get caught.Besides that it's tax free, now returns policy applies either.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post