Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #31
FordGuy
CRAZY ABOUT FORDS

That was Darran my bad I'm still at work and really tired.
FordGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #32
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Not your bad! Just had a Username change!!!!
Old 18-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #33
FordGuy
CRAZY ABOUT FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
Not your bad! Just had a Username change!!!!

: : :
FordGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #34
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys the twit was obviousley speeding ...he was in Merrylands which is a 60 kph area...you do not overtake in the burbs unless the car in front is pulling off the road.

My condolences and sympathies to the famlies.....thank whoever your god is that the little fella survived his father stupidity.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #35
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

Just goes to show how dangerous these powerful cars are to new drivers.
I've driven a mates r33 GTST skyline before with only a few mods. Its frightenly quick and if you arent paying attention it wouldnt take much to lose control especially at high speeds.

RIP.
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #36
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS_300_Coupe
Just goes to show how dangerous these powerful cars are to new drivers.
I've driven a mates r33 GTST skyline before with only a few mods. Its frightenly quick and if you arent paying attention it wouldnt take much to lose control especially at high speeds.

RIP.

Given the footage I saw and the fact it was a second hand vehicle....My Opinion...the car had rust...the driver was inexperienced.....and did not think about the rules.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #37
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Intercepted vehicle approximately 2 months ago Western Highway. Driver did not speak much english and was of North Eastern African descent with his 1 year old daughter in rear passenger seat.

Reason for intercept, he was reversing in right lane of Western Highway, Melton, Victoria, 110kmph zone.

Reason for reversing. Missed turn off approximately 2km before.

Some people....................
Sounds like a friend of mine up here.
Heading out to her bf's place on the M4.
Got confused after the opening of the M7 and took the wrong exit.
She decided rather than just re-entering the M4 from the next entry, she had to reverse back down the exit ramp with other cars going past her doing 80k's+. :

EDIT: Did anyone see the colour of the car? Anyone know if it was an R32 GTR? Sounds sickeningly like a guy I know from work...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #38
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Ok, from searching around, I found it's a maroon R33.

More info here:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...582579352.html
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

Old 19-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #39
Kingsley
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Tragic accident, but fortunately the young fella is physically ok. Good to see his friends at least start an appeal to help with the expences the widow now faces.
The news on Friday night claimed he not long ago bought the car. Obviously speed was a factor, as you can't split a car in to 3 pieces at 60kph. I was stunned to see the car with the "limp it home" spare on the rear, which combined with the conditions and the speed would've done wonders for the handling, paricularly overtaking.
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #40
ScoopED
Thumbs up for fossil fuel

G'day,

There is no excuse for this sort of behaviour. It is nothing but murder.
Look, i'm sure that the majority of us like to give our vehicles a bit of a 'blat' every now and then, its in our nature.

But to be so completely irresponsible as to travel at very high speed, in a suburban area, with your mate in the car, and also your baby SON in the back, with a space saver wheel on the rear of the car that is only rated to 80kph is beyond forgiveness.

It is sad that 2 people lost their lives, but I have no sympathy for the driver of that vehicle, it is completely his fault and there can be no doubt about that.

* Space saver tyre rated to 80kph on a high performance vehicle.
* Obviously traveling at high speed (christ the car broke into 3 pieces, enough said).

How could anyone be so ИИИИing stupid.

I mean, for a start did you see the size of the other rims that he had on the car, low profile and fairly wide tyres. A "bike tyre" space saver would completely upset the dynamics and stability before he even got above 40kph.

INEXCUSABLE!

Mike

1992 EB Fairmont
351cu in Windsor Roller Cam
Valve Body "Shift Kitted" BTR 4spd Auto
Hi Tek Headers Tri Y
Twin 2.25 into Single 2.5in
17in x 8in BA XR8 Copies
235x45x17 Nankang NSII
Ultra Low King springs
Whiteline 30mm Swaybar
Nolathane box section trailing arms
Slotted DBA front rotors
Yella Terra roller rockers
ScoopED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #41
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Mmmm here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...owtopic=110099
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #42
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Oh, you're over there annoying them as well... _
There are 2 threads about it (at least) on there.

Old 19-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #43
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopED
It is sad that 2 people lost their lives, but I have no sympathy for the driver of that vehicle, it is completely his fault and there can be no doubt about that.

* Space saver tyre rated to 80kph on a high performance vehicle.
* Obviously traveling at high speed (christ the car broke into 3 pieces, enough said).

How could anyone be so ИИИИing stupid.
Also, police report that none of the 3 were wearing seatbelts; the kid was apparently thrown from the vehicle and was found wandering around with barely a scratch on him.

Excellent parenting...
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 10:55 PM   #44
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGuy
I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING MAYBE I WAS A BIT ON THE ИИИИED OFF SIDE WHEN I SUBMITTED THAT POST BUT WHEN KIDS ARE INVOLVED IT SENDS MY BLOOD PRESSURE TO A BOIL!!!!
Sorry guys if my first post was a little strong worded but it would seem that both Ford Guy and myself share similar feelings when irresponsible actions put young children at risk.
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 02:32 AM   #45
ScoopED
Thumbs up for fossil fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTXR
Also, police report that none of the 3 were wearing seatbelts; the kid was apparently thrown from the vehicle and was found wandering around with barely a scratch on him.

Excellent parenting...

Yes, thats right....... I did hear that also..... Just fantastic isnt it, just unbelievable.

Mike

1992 EB Fairmont
351cu in Windsor Roller Cam
Valve Body "Shift Kitted" BTR 4spd Auto
Hi Tek Headers Tri Y
Twin 2.25 into Single 2.5in
17in x 8in BA XR8 Copies
235x45x17 Nankang NSII
Ultra Low King springs
Whiteline 30mm Swaybar
Nolathane box section trailing arms
Slotted DBA front rotors
Yella Terra roller rockers
ScoopED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 12:07 PM   #46
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm..

Guys it was a suburban street in the early hours of the morning - what was he doing driving around at that speed with a kid in the car and none of them with seatbelts on!

Interviews with neighbours saying the bloke was always speedign up and down the street with the kid in the car and the space saver had been on for over 3 weeks (20" chromies on the other 3 wheels, with lowered suspension obviosuly makes for great handling) Even the guys mates when interviewed said he was speeding and being stupid.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post