Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dizzy deserves to be recalled to the Australian team.

I probally a bit biased/one eyed being a Croweater but does anyone agree that "Dizzy" has bowled well enough in the domestic comp. to get another crack at the big time? You cant tell me some of the pace bowlers in the Australian side at present cause as much trouble to batsmen (Lee excluded) than Dizz would.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
I probally a bit biased/one eyed being a Croweater but does anyone agree that "Dizzy" has bowled well enough in the domestic comp. to get another crack at the big time? You cant tell me some of the pace bowlers in the Australian side at present cause as much trouble to batsmen (Lee excluded) than Dizz would.
IMO I dont. While he is a fantastic bowler he has past his peak. While he struggled in England he had no effect in NZ before the Aussies left for the Ashes. It's time to get the young guys up to world class level to keep the Aussies at the No 1 spot.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #3
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe so. Hes a heap better than Tait(the most overrated player in the Aus team), Kaspa gets recalled but I dont think he did aswell and Dizzy.

Plus, theyre gonna need a fair bit of experience with some of the player out ATM.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #4
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its the old story...who's face fits!!!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 10:55 PM   #5
JG3282
Awake after dark

They should call Lillee and Thommo... There's some experienced fast bowlers for ya!

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It goes back to my thread the other day i think Dizzy would get betta bowling figures than Mick Lewis any day of the week. That said that the Aussies should to be able to defend 434 Pointing is a great batsman but as a Captain im not convinced.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #7
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

I would like to see Dizzy there too, apparantly privately the South Africans cannot believe he's not on the tour - they are quite relieved.
Old 13-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #8
JG3282
Awake after dark

I'm surprised Lenny Pascoe is not in the side as well

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #9
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
It goes back to my thread the other day i think Dizzy would get betta bowling figures than Mick Lewis any day of the week. That said that the Aussies should to be able to defend 434 Pointing is a great batsman but as a Captain im not convinced.
I would have agreed with you 100%. I cant believe what happened.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 07:38 PM   #10
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I cant believe what happened.
I heard on the radio that 2 guys bet $20k each after the Aussie innings that they would win (at odds of $1.01 for every $1) - geez, so they bet $20k to make $200, and lost it... I'm guessing they aren't doing to well in the footy tipping so far either ;)

So long as Kasprowitz (or however his name is spelt) stays above Gillespie in the pecking order I'll be happy
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #11
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lewis ....what a loser...at least dizzy would've got a couple.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post