Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #61
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
So you are saying, without doubt, that the XR5T will ONLY be made in Germany for the entire model run?
ST/XR5 is being built in Saarlouis, Germany. The factory has had to be modified to build it so would expect that is the only place to be doing it.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #62
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For the doubters

Quote:
SAARLOUIS, October 4, 2005 – Production of the new Ford Focus ST began today at Ford's assembly plant in Saarlouis , Germany . The new model is due to go on sale later this year and will be offered in all European countries.

Ford plans to manufacture more than 3,600 new Focus ST vehicles through this year. The Focus ST will share the same assembly line as the regular Ford Focus and the Focus C-MAX, both produced in Saarlouis.

The plant has made several modifications to enable ST production. An additional area was installed in the body shop with welding and laser equipment to add A-pillar crash-reinforcement and heat shield fixing. The paint shop installed a new 'electric orange' colour system. New hoists and extraction systems for the ST operations have been fitted to the customer service area of the plant. In addition, the conveyor, connecting the plant with the adjacent supplier park, was adjusted to allow the transport of the new Recaro sport seats and the double tube exhaust system of the new Focus ST .

Ford has invested more than 750 million Euros over the last four years in the Saarlouis plant. The facility was the lead plant for launching the Focus C-MAX in 2003, the second generation Ford Focus in 2004 and now the new Focus ST .

The Saarlouis plant is one of Ford's most efficient in Europe , operating at close to 100 per cent capacity. Producing vehicles on three shifts at a rate of 1,810 units a day, there were more than 370,000 vehicles made in Saarlouis last year. The plant employs approximately 6,800 people.

Saarlouis, together with assembly plants in Valencia , Spain , and St. Petersburg , Russia , are the three Ford facilities in Europe that produce the Focus, Ford's most successful model in Europe . More than 3.3 million Ford Focus models have been sold across Europe since the car's launch in 1998.

Fast and practical, the Ford Focus ST offers a no-compromise package for the performance car driver, while offering a welcome dash of refinement for everyday driving, too. Powered by a turbocharged 2.5 litre 5-cylinder Duratec ST engine with 225 PS, the new Focus ST is the most powerful Focus roadcar Ford has ever launched.

With the introduction of the Fiesta ST in 2004, Ford TeamRS began to redefine Ford's performance models. The exciting new Focus ST is a significant evolution of Ford's ST brand, delivering an addictive personality combined with high performance.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #63
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was being funny, not derogatory !!! You can now buy a VOLVO for under $50k. The engine is all Volvo, (which Ford owns) and tweaked by Ford. Will be one of the most reliable Fords ever built!!!
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:55 AM   #64
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would glady sell the fez, take out another loan and be in debt for this (:
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #65
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

All Ford needs now is the 2.3L mazda motor for a Focus zetec and the line up would be complete.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #66
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Absolutely. More herbs for the Zetec PLEASE.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #67
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

anyone got any pics of the xr5 from the MMS ?
Old 11-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #68
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndes2b1
Or should that be Tom Gorman.

Had a look at the one they had at the 888 All Ford Day, looking forward to seeing it again at the Brisbane Motorshow. I know I'll really want one then.

But I haven't seen many of the Zetec's here on the Gold Coast, hopefully it will be the same for the XR5(out of sight, out of mind), I'll just have to put the blinkers on when I visit my Ford dealer.
I was thinking about this last night. Tis stupid of me. Is there such a person as Paul Gorman because I always get the two names mixed up. Taxi!!