Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
esta
Starter Motor

Default Newbie needing help for '06 fiesta 3dr

Hi all. I'm Ryan & I just got possession of a '06 WP Fiesta 3dr hatch with
about 210 000kms on the clock (mainly freeway kms).
Looking for advice on where to go to get repairs done & also maybe sourcing mods like suspension and banded wheels etc. on a budget.
There's a few problems that i need help with and being a newbi to cars I'll try the best to explain so. . . .
. A/C needs re-gassing.
. When the car is started cold there is noise coming from what I think is the clutch cause it goes away when I push the clutch pedal in but starts up again when the pedal is out in neutral.
. 1st, 2nd & 5th gears sound straight cut (1st, 2nd whine on take off & especially 5th is real loud when selected).
. Occasionally there's strange knocking noises from the front wheels when doing low speed tight turns and/or braking.
I know the cv joints and front shocks were replaced last year & the water pump, timing belt early this year & still runs fine.

So should I get it fixed & sell it for a different car or keep it & add some mods cause even though I'm not a huge fan of its looks its not a bad little hatch & could look better.

esta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Newbie needing help for '06 fiesta 3dr

Hey Ryan,

Firstly, welcome to AFF You'll find that this can be a fabulous resource and that there are all sorts of very talented and experienced people out there that are only too happy to help.

Now I can't help you directly with any of the issues you've described, but one suggestion I have that may prove more fruitful for you than sticking this post in The Pub (which is for general car related discussion) is to stick this post into the 'Fiesta' area. That way, those guys who know these cars well will be specifically aware of your issues and I'm sure, will offer their advice.

If you can't find it, here is a link to that section: http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=78

You may also find that a Moderator will move it for you at some stage anyway, as that is probably where it best belongs.

All the best with getting the assistance you are after.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post