Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
chess_man2
Starter Motor

Default Sir Bryan

To all those posts regarding the XY GTHO Phase111`s that were painted in the one off colour"Royal Umber"- I was the last registered owner of this car. I have the letter of Authenticity from Ford Motor Company stating such. It was stolen, running gear recovered but never the shell, compliance plate etc,etc.

As you would understand I would love any information or leads on this car I owned- a handsome reward is offered. All information stays with me if so desired. Thank you all- Bryan

chess_man2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
chess_man2
Starter Motor

Default Re: Sir Bryan

This car also had a sunroof fitted. I think from memory- it was from a Melbourne company called Hollandia or similar....there were 3 XY GTs also painted in this colour I believe. But only one Phase111
Old 25-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

I know the feeling! I had a XWGT stollen 20 years ago. Found the block and shell but nothing else, turned out to be an organised gang aided by corrupt cops. I swear I still see my parts on numerous GT's, but without proof I just have to bite my tongue. I bought another but these days I keep a much lower profile with the GT.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
chess_man2
Starter Motor

You know the feeling well like me then. The offenders were caught, but a girl was the only one charged as they only recovered the motor etc in another car. she was just charged with receiving stolen goods. She had a few mates around her at the court case- no doubt to me it was them. Of all things, the case was the day the Russell St bomb went off!. The police contacted me and asked if I could identify 14 things on the motor I could identify. I could. It had crower roller rockers etc fitted. Scratched the paint- which they had done a god job of painting a very dark blue- and seen the blue I painted it. I spent 5 years rebuilding the whole car. It was on the road 5 weeks only. Stolen from right outside the Alfred Hospital - under a main light in Commercial Road, Prahran..
Old 25-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by chess_man2 View Post
You know the feeling well like me then. The offenders were caught, but a girl was the only one charged as they only recovered the motor etc in another car. she was just charged with receiving stolen goods. She had a few mates around her at the court case- no doubt to me it was them. Of all things, the case was the day the Russell St bomb went off!. The police contacted me and asked if I could identify 14 things on the motor I could identify. I could. It had crower roller rockers etc fitted. Scratched the paint- which they had done a god job of painting a very dark blue- and seen the blue I painted it. I spent 5 years rebuilding the whole car. It was on the road 5 weeks only. Stolen from right outside the Alfred Hospital - under a main light in Commercial Road, Prahran..
Sounds familiar, I got asked to go into Newtown police station to identify the engine block, I explained that my block was a 4 bolt main block exactly like the one they recovered, the chances that it wasn't mine were rare. As I recall various people went to jail, coppers included. I was luckily insured.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
chess_man2
Starter Motor

That would be right !....corrupt cops have their fingers into many things..))