Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Cumberland Ford Stuff-Ups!

After reading the Sinclair Ford version http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11418909 I felt inspired to tell of my recent experience with Cumberland Ford

30K service booked in the Focus Cumberland Ford, no real fuss booking and dropping off, they even seemed concerned at removing the wheel nuts on the after-market wheels so called me and we discussed. I was sort of surprised at that level of care.

Service finished and did all the pleasantries prior to receiving the keys only for the service manager to enquire as to what happened to the front, what do you mean I said, the mark he replied. Quickly walked out to inspect (with him in tow) to find a clear hit mark,The usual crap came out about how he found it when he inspected prior to the car moving in for service, yeah right I said. No doubt updated the service papers post damage. Inspected better under lights when home, three marks in a vertical line indicated nudging a post. Bottom bumper lip at the lowest point up to around headlight height.

I call the next morning asking for the dealer principle, couldn't get him but did speak to someone who was quoted as the 2IC. He recorded my version of events and followed up. The return call was as expected, the damage was recorded as there prior to moving the car in. What made me cranky was I know it wasn't but have no evidence. Have photos of the car from 2 days prior after new wheels with no damage, car parked in two places between then and service, both safe places with chance of this damage. Best part was their lies about spotting the damage first didnt even align.

I am sure a lot have a similar story, and that $200 dash cam I considered a while back would have paid for itself.

Last edited by pajoda; 17-05-2014 at 08:57 AM.
pajoda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Cumberland Ford Stuff-Ups!

bugger....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bugger x 2.....deleted rest, bit off topic

Last edited by chrisandsharon; 17-05-2014 at 10:42 AM.
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you locate the place where they hit the car, must be very close to or in the workshop, they don't drive them very far these days. May be even some paint scrapings
in that area.
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyal44 View Post
Can you locate the place where they hit the car, must be very close to or in the workshop, they don't drive them very far these days. May be even some paint scrapings
in that area.
what he said

find post and saw it off sawsall

walk into service department and belt everyone over head with it
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #6
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Marty, car was free of any paint from another source. Can't imagine them letting me wander through their service bay for an inspection. From the look of it I would say it was a low speed but deepish sort of impact with a bollard or similar, not something with a sharp edge. As far as I am concerned I am moving on, just felt appropriate to tell the tale.
Old 17-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyal44 View Post
in that area.
They won't let you into the workshop anyway due to safety reasons.

I must say it's sad if they did do the damage and not front up.

Had this done to my car 3 times while in for a service in 15 years. Their replies:

1. 'It's only a Festiva' ... Never went back
2. 'Did you see us doing it? No, so it wasn't us then'... Never went back.
3. Got a call from Alto Ford in Artarmon to say they damaged the car and will fix it. Sweet! An honest service centre! Win. Soon after they closed down... Bugger.

Re the dash cams. With them becoming cheap and easy to install you wait and see how service departments will start to insist they are off due to'privacy'issues. I'm not surprised if places start to cover the lens to not allow them to capture anything.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2014, 11:00 AM   #8
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

Re the dash cams. With them becoming cheap and easy to install you wait and see how service departments will start to insist they are off due to'privacy'issues. I'm not surprised if places start to cover the lens to not allow them to capture anything
Simple fix, I'll just do what you did in the first 2 instances, go somewhere else. Can't see it being a problem with service centres like the ones at Isuzu albion park and bomaderry.......the customer waiting area overlooks the entire workshop.
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #9
Sunburst50

I am assuming it's your ST. Could the mechanic that was about to service your car get caught out by the poor turning circle of these cars and hit the service bay? Just a thought.
Sunburst50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #10
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess its possible but that would be a school boy error, and if that did occur own up.
Old 17-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #11
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Sorry to hear mate .. i have enough of my own issues with service dept's to fill a book !!
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2014, 09:19 AM   #12
Mulga
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As you have mentioned, there are plenty out there with similar stories. I got mine back with a cracked windscreen, which they reluctantly agreed to replace, but it took three months of arguing with them.

Had another similar issue recently.......the car was returned and whilst washing it I found two large scrap marks under the from spoiler. I definately know I didn't do it. Problem was I could not prove it.....luckily you can't see them, but that's not the issue.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find a Ford Dealer that provides a quality after sales service.....I've tried three different dealers in the sydney area.
Mulga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2014, 07:57 PM   #13
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In all fairness I should update as to the status. After being discarded I received the ford survey e-mail, perfect I thought, unleashed again. Within 48 hours received a call from the service manager, he had been on holidays during the saga, went through the whole story again. Advised he would call back, and to my surprise he did. From the damage that has been described he said he has someone who can help tomorrow, and I have a car for the day for you. Perfect I thought, will give this a go.

Arrived in the morning, we both inspected, he gave me the keys to his car, called later in the day to advise almost done as promised, arrived and found it now back to new by my observation, cannot even pick a blemish. I am surprised as I thought this was past a touch up, but it appears to have been pulled off.

My faith has been restored.