Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #61
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 
Default Re: Speed cameras out of control.

where's Aussie Pete ?? From the past..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #62
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
This is a standard reply from you isn't it? This isn't the first thread I've seen the post in.
And I will keep using it until people realise that the government in its current guise is not there to help. There is only so much a handful of blokes can do when apathy and banality reign supreme amongst the populace.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #63
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #64
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
maybe not but here are a few points
by driving unlicenced the driver
  1. has no CTP cover
  2. has no property damage insurance
  3. may be unlicenced due to dangerous behaviour such as drink driving
  4. show zero respect for the law and other road users
  5. feels the rules do not apply to him so how will he drive?
unlicenced drivers have no legal right to use the public road network the may not have passed mandatory skill testing so the odds are not in favour of the unlicenced driver being a safe careful road user. unlicenced and unregistered drivers need to be removed from the road for these reasons and simply because we have to pay to use the road so they should too, quite simple really
In Victoria you can still use the CTP system even if you are unlicensed unregistered. Even if you are at fault.

You just need to be charged by the police for unregistered and unlicensed driving.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #65
XW-BAXR6T

In todays herald sun.
Quote:
VICTORIAN road users can face fines of $144 for leaving their car with the engine on or keys in the ignition - when these are not even offences in South Australia or comparable parts of the world. The State Government has put up the size of "penalty units" that underpin its system of fines by more than 40 per cent since 2004.

Inconsistent and over-the-top penalties are nationally propelling government traffic- fine income towards $2 billion annually, equating to an average of about $80 a head. This has triggered calls for greater uniformity and an end to *"revenue-raising".

"It's a hopeless joke," said Australian Automobile Association chief executive Andrew McKellar.

Charles Sturt University vice-chancellor Professor Clive Hamilton, an advocate for fairer fines, said "harmonisation" made sense.

Australian legal information website Findlaw content editor Stanley Hong said: "It just seems a little bit finicky and overreaching."

Mr McKellar described some offences as "anachronistic", such as leaving the engine on or keys in the *ignition.

"Are we just revenue raising or is there a serious purpose to the level of penalty that is on the statute?" he asked.

"It's a very rich vein of revenue that some state governments have tapped into."

Prof Hamilton said penalties "should reflect the seriousness of the offence and increase with the risk of harm to other people".

State and territory governments expect to reap a *combined $1.84 billion from road users this financial year, according to an aggregate of Budget papers - an increase of $61 million on 2012-13.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...-1226756880970

Nick.
XW-BAXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #66
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win View Post
The cameras are here to stay, and they are only going to get cleverer and cleverer..... it is 2013.... some of the technology available now would leave you speechless. Better get used to it gents.
Civil disobedience pretty much resolved the camera probems in Canada and certainly the UK has a real underground of destroying gatso's , it's becoming more common here in Seqld and the use of old tyres a solution I shan't propose however there are solutions like challenging bad laws , driving carefully costing these foul laws and their corrupt proponents revenue and making sure your member knows how you as a motorist feel and will be voting . Or lie down and suck the proverbial

YOUR CHOICE folks
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #67
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XW-BAXR6T View Post
O.k this is beyond the joke....Exactly WHAT are they gaining from laws like this?

I'm not sure about anyone else reading this thread but i have bloody had ENOUGH!

When are Victorians going to make a stand and fight this bullshit??????

People have mortgages and bloody skyhigh electricity bills to pay and all the other crap......This sort of **** can send people broke.....

Cant WE ALL do something about it????
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #68
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77 View Post
Civil disobedience pretty much resolved the camera probems in Canada and certainly the UK has a real underground of destroying gatso's , it's becoming more common here in Seqld and the use of old tyres a solution I shan't propose however there are solutions like challenging bad laws , driving carefully costing these foul laws and their corrupt proponents revenue and making sure your member knows how you as a motorist feel and will be voting . Or lie down and suck the proverbial

YOUR CHOICE folks
Well if they fought it in Canada and the U.K why cant we do it here?

Geesus we need to start a protest in Melbourne at parliament house or something.....Then they'll ****in fine us for doing that!

For the first time ever i will be ringing my local MP this week and giving it to him

Why cant FordForums start a petition or something and hand it into them?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #69
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_6 View Post
Why cant FordForums start a petition or something and hand it into them?
Why can't you?

That's the exact reason these laws are able to be bought in, everyone expects someone else to fix it.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #70
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Why can't you?

That's the exact reason these laws are able to be bought in, everyone expects someone else to fix it.
Hmmm, never started a petition before.....?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #71
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle View Post
but that hasn't saved everyone from getting a ticket. even if you wasn't speeding, you still have to take it to court and say it was faulty or the officer was lying.
Along with people who say things like "no excuse" and "if you don't speed you won't ever have to worry", I find it touching the astounding level of absolute trust some people have in what is, in thier mind, the only 100% infallible piece of electronic technology anywhere on Earth...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #72
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
I hate the unlicenced driver argument with a fervent passion. The granting of permission by govco for someone to drive doesn't confer on them special abilities. Nor does revocation of said permission automatically render one useless and unable to drive.
I bet you will be the first to run to the cops screaming blue murder and asking for help once one of these unlicensed unregistered drivers hits your car and the driver just shrugs their shoulders at you with a smirk on their face knowing that you will never get a red cent from them, as they have no insurance and no money apart from the dole cheque they get every fortnight.

Or even worse they just take off in their unregistered rust pile leaving you standing there with your smashed up pride an joy.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #73
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
I bet you will be the first to run to the cops screaming blue murder and asking for help once one of these unlicensed unregistered drivers hits your car and the driver just shrugs their shoulders at you with a smirk on their face knowing that you will never get a red cent from them, as they have no insurance and no money apart from the dole cheque they get every fortnight.

Or even worse they just take off in their unregistered rust pile leaving you standing there with your smashed up pride an joy.
How does no sound...
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #74
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
O.k this is beyond the joke....Exactly WHAT are they gaining from laws like this?
This law has been around for ever in NSW, and most other parts of the world, nothing new just sensationalist reporting on something that has been there for ever. There are hundreds of these type of laws around if you have a look at legislation in your state.

My guess is this particular law is there to encourage people to secure their vehicle and keep their property safe.

Years ago my family had two cars written off that were parked in front of our house in one hit, A guy up the road started his car, and left it idling in the driveway while he went inside the house, next thing some 15 year old kid jumps in it, takes off, loses control and writes off BOTH of our cars parked in the driveway (one was a very nice XB Fairmont V8 sedan) and just takes off So may be not a bad law really for those that lack common sense in looking after their property.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 11-11-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #75
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How does no sound...
Sounds ridiculous considering the question.

Please elaborate...

So what will you do?? Just smile and buy a new car out of your own pocket??

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 11-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #76
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Sounds ridiculous considering the question.

Please elaborate...

So what will you do?? Just smile and buy a new car out of your own pocket??
My cars are appropriately insured.

And as an FYI, I was t-boned by house burglar with a stolen car 13 years ago on the way home from work, not 100 metres from home. The problem was resolved without the use or assistance of police.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #77
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My cars are appropriately insured.
There are several things to consider:

-unless you can ID the offending driver YOU are the one paying for the excess, it is YOUR insurance premium that will go up.

- You are paying a high insurance premium because some guy who could not even be bothered to get a license or pay rego wants to drive a car

- YOU will need to lodge a Police report to claim insurance, so YOU will be running to the police asking for help

- It's YOUR car that will be damaged and off the road for repairs.

- it will be you arguing with panel beaters over the repairs and bad colour match etc etc

Even with insurance it will still cost YOU some where down the line and is already costing you now before anything even happened.

Any yes all my vehicles are fully insured for exactly this reason, to protect myself against some grub who decides it's his right to drive even though they can't be bothered going about it the right way

Quote:
And as an FYI, I was t-boned by house burglar with a stolen car 13 years ago on the way home from work, not 100 metres from home. The problem was resolved without the use or assistance of police.
I call BS on that one, you are saying you were t-boned in a stolen car driven by burglars that had just committed an offence and no police got involved

What happened?? They just stopped had a chat and exchanged details, then payed for your insurance excess out of the goodness of their hearts

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 11-11-2013 at 10:28 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 11-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #78
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
I call BS on that one, you are saying you were t-boned in a stolen car driven by burglars that had just committed an offence and no police got involved

What happened?? They just stopped had a chat and exchanged details, then payed for your insurance excess out of the goodness of their hearts
You can call it whatever you like, I will not go into details beyond what I already mentioned. Suffice it to say the matter was dealt with appropriately without the involvment of the police.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #79
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 12-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #80
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An old work mate got hit by someone oneday....Not sure of accident details but it wrote his car off......The other driver was'nt insured so my work mate HAD to fork out 6k for a new car.....I think its taken him 6 yrs and he's still paying it off too!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #81
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by XW-BAXR6T View Post
I leave my car running all the time when I go into the local shops, and I let it idle in my driveway for 15 mins before I drive off in the morning.

I don't see what the big deal is.

All my cars are insured but I probably would have a claim knocked back because they're all either modified or I'm not legally allowed to drive it (Ambo, V8).
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #82
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
An old work mate got hit by someone oneday....Not sure of accident details but it wrote his car off......The other driver was'nt insured so my work mate HAD to fork out 6k for a new car.....I think its taken him 6 yrs and he's still paying it off too!
And you were arguing on the side of not being able pay for reg/license? At least these two are a legal requirement. 3rd party property should be a legal requirement too!
Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #83
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I leave my car running all the time when I go into the local shops, and I let it idle in my driveway for 15 mins before I drive off in the morning.
Why??

Read my earlier posts re the no big deal, where we had two cars written off due to this practice in one day.

I can not fathom why anyone would leave their car running while they go into a shop, that's just asking for trouble,what are you gaining by doing so?? Do you want to have it stolen??

And by the way a lot of insurance companies won't be paying out if the keys were left in the car , in our case we lost two cars and the owner that left the keys in his car also had his car written off, the kid that took the car bolted, so we had no driver. Three cars in total written off, and insurance did not pay out a cent. as it does not cover third party damage caused by the car after the car is stolen, and our cars only had third party property insurance, so three cars gone in one hit because some moron thought it was a great idea to have his car idling in his driveway while he made a coffee inside

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 12-11-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #84
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I live in a small country town, the people around here would know who stole it before they actually did steal it LOL.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #85
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I live in a small country town, the people around here would know who stole it before they actually did steal it LOL.
I see, your probably right then, not like Sydney where my incident happened.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave