Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #13
catloverpang
92 AX Telstar TX5 V6

Default My opinion

I used to run Shell Optimax (98 RON), which is very well in my view.

I would not recommend Caltex though, Caltex is not good!!!

To what I know, Shell Optmax Extreme is not suitable for FORD Telstars, so I would recommend not to try it .....

Regarding to MITCHAY's problem, premium (95 RON) fuel's cleansing agent is different to those used in most 98 RON (such as Shell Optimax, Mobile Sydnergy, BP Ultimate, etc), the 98 RON fuel would clean your engine part more effectively, given that you use the fuell continuously for about ... say one month or longer, otherwise, you won't observe signficant difference.

As in my case, I've been runnung Shell Optimax 98 for about one year now, and I would say the engine is more quiet than before when I was using Shell Unleaded.

If you really want a signficant improvement, I would recommend you doing a EFI injection clean, it certainly help and improve economy. In my experience, it also help reduce friction as well, so the car will have a newer feeling. The price for a EFI clean service for Telstar is around $130 something

Hey MITCHAY, can you describe in more detail about your car's problem?
catloverpang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post