Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
Evil Roy

Default Ford (Australia) Customer Relations Centre

I'm wondering about other peoples experience with the Ford Australia CRC.

I had issues which required me to ring them. First time I spent 20 minutes on hold before giving up.

Second call I spent 22 minutes before giving up.

Third call I spent 15 minutes before giving up.

Fourth call I spent 20 minutes on hold before giving up.

The local Ford dealer was sympathetic, saying they knew this was nothing unusual and would get the CRC to ring me direct. CRC rang me - when I was away from the phone - and mixed my name up with the dealers name, and did not leave any contact details except for the (wait forever) CRC number.

FWIW I have had it with these clowns, but am wondering if it is the norm or just a run of really bad luck. I'm buying elsewhere for my next new car.

Cheers!

Old 18-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
trev62
Starter Motor

hmmm.. waits for it...
Old 18-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

They are like certain parts of a bull.
Old 18-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
Evil Roy

Does this mean people have had similar experiences or I'm on my own?
Old 18-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Roy
I'm wondering about other peoples experience with the Ford Australia CRC.

I had issues which required me to ring them. First time I spent 20 minutes on hold before giving up.

Second call I spent 22 minutes before giving up.

Third call I spent 15 minutes before giving up.

Fourth call I spent 20 minutes on hold before giving up.

The local Ford dealer was sympathetic, saying they knew this was nothing unusual and would get the CRC to ring me direct. CRC rang me - when I was away from the phone - and mixed my name up with the dealers name, and did not leave any contact details except for the (wait forever) CRC number.

FWIW I have had it with these clowns, but am wondering if it is the norm or just a run of really bad luck. I'm buying elsewhere for my next new car.

Cheers!
FWIW are you dealing with the Ford Dealer in Nowra? Why is the dealer no help to you? To give the dealer the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you could explain what your problem is /are. There are dealers & there are good dealers, amazingly another dealer MAY solve your problems.
Old 18-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
66 STANG

I have had a similar (frustrating) issue with the Ford CRC recently. Without going into it too much, they have not been able to supply a vital part for my Super Pursuit Ute for over 6 weeks now and I can't drive it without this part. I rang the CRC to put in a complaint about it and to see what they would do about it, but all I got was "....sorry sir, this is the best we can do about it". I suggested a couple of different forms of compensation (as my business relies on the use of my ute), but the response was ".....sorry sir, that is not company policy" I'm getting very ticked off these days - almost feels like I don't even own a ute anymore, but my lease, rego and insurance payments remind me that it is still there!!
Old 18-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

They haev answered my calls in the past, but never really gave me an easy solution to my problems.

Its easier to deal with your dealership and hammer the service manager i have found.
This user likes this post:
Old 18-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
They haev answered my calls in the past, but never really gave me an easy solution to my problems.

Its easier to deal with your dealership and hammer the service manager i have found.
They're useless on the phone, but his right put the pressure on them face-to-face and you will get somewhere.
Old 18-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #9
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

I had a reasonable experience with Ford CRC a few years ago, when early boss motors had the excessive oil consumption problem. I was clear to differentiate Ford the manufacturer from Ford the dealer, and I did my best to strike up a relationship with the dealer more than hold them accountable for product quality.

In each case I was able to access someone from CRC quite quickly, retained a continuous tracking number, recorded the topics of all my conversations with Ford and the dealer, and kept records of the name of the person I spoke to in each instance from each location. And because I had a good relationship with the dealer, they were actually trying to help me with my CRC experience, rather than fend me off as an irate customer.

All in all I thought it was a professional experience when I kept emotion out of the equation, and my engine was replaced under warranty - although it took 70,000km of evidence and oil consumption tracking for them to accept that it was a problem.....

My differential was also replaced under warranty when it leaked oil from the driveshaft seals at an early age - less than 15k at the time. But being a 2003 XR8, I guess I can just put that down to being an early build.

Lukeyson
Old 18-06-2010, 11:17 PM   #10
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
I had a reasonable experience with Ford CRC a few years ago, when early boss motors had the excessive oil consumption problem. I was clear to differentiate Ford the manufacturer from Ford the dealer, and I did my best to strike up a relationship with the dealer more than hold them accountable for product quality.

In each case I was able to access someone from CRC quite quickly, retained a continuous tracking number, recorded the topics of all my conversations with Ford and the dealer, and kept records of the name of the person I spoke to in each instance from each location. And because I had a good relationship with the dealer, they were actually trying to help me with my CRC experience, rather than fend me off as an irate customer.

All in all I thought it was a professional experience when I kept emotion out of the equation, and my engine was replaced under warranty - although it took 70,000km of evidence and oil consumption tracking for them to accept that it was a problem.....

My differential was also replaced under warranty when it leaked oil from the driveshaft seals at an early age - less than 15k at the time. But being a 2003 XR8, I guess I can just put that down to being an early build.

Lukeyson
A thoughtful intelligent, reply. Well said, getting the dealer on your side is 75% of a win!!! Like I said ,there are dealers & there are good dealers
Old 18-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #11
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELGT4me
A thoughtful intelligent, reply. Well said, getting the dealer on your side is 75% of a win!!! Like I said ,there are dealers & there are good dealers
Very true... approach the problem the right way and more often than not you'll get the result you want.. Carry on like a spoilt kid and... well...

CRC is a dead last resort, the dealer holds the key to 99% of just about everything.
Learning how to "work" with them goes a long way too...

Old 19-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #12
JimNiki
71Mach1

I went with mate to purchase G6ET last year.
It was a company car ahn he was ready to do the deal.
went to one, got our price, she said we'll do everything to look after the customer.
After half an hour of BS, she still wouldn't really budge on price.
We went to another one and within 5 minutes of sitting down with the man, we already had a deal! and wait for it! 8K better price.

Talk about "there's dealers and then there's dealers."
I won't tell you who the crap one's were but the great one is in Heidelberg.
That dealership has us both for life now!
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Old 19-06-2010, 02:34 AM   #13
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had one experience with the diff on my old GT where they were fine. I had another with a dealer complaint, where the most complimentary thing I can say is that Holden owe them a big thank you for their continued support of their products. I would go as far as to say that the person I dealt with should get a Holden as a company car. He worked hard to ensure Ford looked bad.

Bottom line seems to be that if you aren't in a position of needing a dealer pulled into line they are ok, but when a dealer is in the wrong, even when that is conclusively the case, they will initially try and sort it out, but in the end you the customer are expendable. Reputation and future loss sales be dammed.

So get along with your dealer, find another good dealer (if you can) as has already been suggested here, or expect to be working out the problem on your own.

Alternatively sell the car and cut your losses.

Dan

Last edited by DanielXR8; 19-06-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 19-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #14
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Customer Relations Centre - is that run by the marketing section?
Old 19-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #15
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Customer Relations Centre - is that run by the marketing section?
LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 05-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
Roy McMillan

Default Re: Ford (Australia) Customer Relations Centre

Ford Australia is ******, They build **** cars at prices way above all the rest
AND THEY EXPECT AUSTRALIANS TO SUPPORT THEM. It is all over Ford Australia
Why don't you build a ford ute that is just for Australia, a no crap ute
Old 05-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #17
Roy McMillan

You want to send a concern to Ford Australia , but there is no link on the website.
What does that tell you . They are Finished.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #18
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy McMillan View Post
You want to send a concern to Ford Australia , but there is no link on the website.
What does that tell you . They are Finished.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #19
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Epic thread mine!
This user likes this post:
Old 05-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Roy have you been off planet for a while, the last in here before yours was 23 months ago

Closed

Last edited by AU1XLS; 06-05-2013 at 06:02 AM.
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread