Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
cupic
Nikon

Default Re: Rain tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
I'm pretty sure there is one Australian state that at one point in time banned residential rain water tanks, because it meant people didn't have to obtain all their water from the metropolitan water supply.
LGA have the power to issue fines for having water tanks over 12000l in residential areas!
cupic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #32
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240 View Post
Off subject ..But still red tape Gov interference..The same applies to electrical solar on houses.. You are not allowed to store electricity in batteries for evening use.. No it must go back into grid so you can't go without an electrical connection.. YET most motor home have solar and storage in batteries no problem.. I would say with cheap diesel generator and solar panels. Solar water heating I could easy go off the grid..
I can spend up to 6 weeks out in bush in my motor home solar keeps fridge and freezer going ..Water and fuel is what we run short of..
my sister inlaw is off the grid, generates excess power stores what she can.
they charge her $75 a quarter for a power pole that's 2k's from her house, because it passes here property.

for her to sell here power they want $65,000 upfront to run wiring from that pole to her house.

(they don't want her power)
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #33
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Until someone finds a way to convert their car to run on water as a fuel. I believe there has been for some time but the powers that be make these inventors disappear somehow.

Sorry, that is another debate altogether.....back on topic.

like Browns Gas
or
Joes Fuel Cell???

opps
back on topic

still havent hooked up our tank yet
its been raining today and its just been running out on to the block
bit of a waste really
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #34
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
In the 80s, Sunbury local council was knocking back everyones requests to have water tanks on their properties, because of "hygiene reasons".

Parents got knocked back, in 1984, was illegal to have a water tank in Sunbury.

Funnily enough in the 80s in Sunbury, the local water supply got contaminated and 6000 people got sick from it.
I have a mate who lives in Woodend. Same deal there. He was livid!

He actually told them to disconnect him from the supply, but they of course didn't.

In the end, he put two huge tanks in, and has the water world at his feet! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: