Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #91
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: Spider in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Actually huntsmen are from the terrantular family and they have good poisens and neuro toxins, just to scare you lol but there not interested in biting humans.

But they have good temperate and dont attack unless female as robby said.

there favorite foe is the white tail, they are roamers and dont have permanite homes.

I had one on my motorbike tank once ,freaking me out.

daddy long legs are more deadly than huntsmans, in spider terms.
Daddy Longlegs aren't poisonest (spelling up the crap I know)....Mythbusters did a test a few months ago and it was proved to be a myth...They're harmless

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 17-12-2012 at 07:36 PM.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #92
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT View Post
Taken forever to find it and here it is.
F....that.....I'd be gone along with the car...(the car in flames IMA)

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 17-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #93
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post

yes Daddy long legs are in fact more toxic than huntsmans but they are physically unable to bite us.

A big myth....read my posting above about the mythbusters test with these spiders.....

Old 17-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #94
Evgeni
Auto Nerd

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: In recognition of the many hours spent scanning information for the benefit of AFF members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
ya big woosies.. how to catch a spider...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU
Thats hilarious!
We live near a national park so I get my fair share of spiders in the car and in the house.
We just get the dyson out, suck em up and let them out down near the river.
Evgeni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #95
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA View Post
Not really scared of spider as im always catching em and releasing back outside! Good natural bug control in the garden!

But when i was a kid one Saturday arvo, dad and myself grab the chainsaw and went 4Wd in the local bush to cut some banksia for wood. One big tall dead banksia has fallen ages ago. Perfect as the wood is already dried up. Problem is cause the wood and bark has dried it seperate from each other leaving ideal home for crawley. When dad started cutting the top bit, then pulled the half the bark off from the dead banksia, thousand off huntsmen started crawling like mad everywhere, i bloody ran back to 4WD and said "F#rk that i ain't getting out no matter what"! Dad pick the chainsaw, jump in the 4WD and we went looking for wood elsewhere!!!
I'd totally be freaking out, screaming and crying if I saw thousands of huntsmen or any other bug or insect. One of those is bad enough but hundreds or thousands of them? Uncontrollable screaming!
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #96
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneletra
Man when I was a kid I used to play with the huntsmen spiders that lived in this wattle tree next to the house. Used to put them in the old glass soft drink boittles and stuff.......for some reason they scare the crap out of me now.
Kids have no fear. That is, till they grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
Funny thread I was moving a pallet at work and came across a big one, I put him in my mates paper work as a nice surprise for when he got back from lunch! lol! Didn't faze him and he threw it on my fork where it then went under the seat! I had 2 hours to get my jobs done....
That's called "bachi" (ba-chee). Like payback in Japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT
Taken forever to find it and here it is.
For real? THIS BIG? Eww..........*shudders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by capesy

imagine finding this one in your car
Ok, all these pics here as I go through this post makes my skin crawl.......seriously, 15cm Huntsmen spiders? HUGE!
Old 19-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #97
'63Deluxe
Irregular Member

This fat little one was hiding near the drivers door hinge until it got a shower of Busman's.
'63Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #98
Roqua_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77 View Post
15cm ? , time for a cuppa aggregate as I have no sympathy , park the car in the sun and open the door on the shade side , when you come back spidy will have vacated
Yep, been there done tha. It works a treat!

OP As for the spider, I feel your pain, I hate spiders and snakes. Call it a phobia.

I can't stand them! :/

As for the photo's, I think I made a poopie. Their the most disgusting creatures!
Roqua_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #99
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Brother in law is an apiarist (keeps bee's).......as a lad I used to go and help him shift the hives

we had 5 layers of doubles on the tray-top one evening

I was just placing the last of the hives up when one fell off, it busted open on the ground with bees going everywhere

I took off into a melaluca scrub until they calmed down......upon return, in the gloom, i tripped over a 5 strand barbed wire fence

I swear it wasn't there on the way out!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #100
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter View Post
Daddy Longlegs aren't poisonest (spelling up the crap I know)....Mythbusters did a test a few months ago and it was proved to be a myth...They're harmless
well there venom sure works on other spiders, daddy long legs are excellent killers and kill spiders 5 times there size.

Like someone else said there fangs arent strong enough for human skin.

Excellent program on sbs tonight at 7.30, shows you how bugs fight each other.
Sprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #101
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
well there venom sure works on other spiders, daddy long legs are excellent killers and kill spiders 5 times there size.

Like someone else said there fangs arent strong enough for human skin.

Excellent program on sbs tonight at 7.30, shows you how bugs fight each other.
Nice to know about the bug program, but I prefer watching Mythbusters as they show all sorts of interesting things about myths.....Mainly involving blowing things up.

An as for the fangs not pearcing the skin.....true, but the venom in daddy long legs is non-toxic to humans, but toxic to other spiders....considering the thread is about spiders in human's cars, I fail to see what relevance a non-toxic spider to humans has to do with this thread.

Old 19-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #102
purnong

purnong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #103
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnong View Post
NOPE. Front yard and hose. In front of the neighbours kids; i dont care.

Is it an oxymoron? need paper after ****ing yourself seeing that?

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #104
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember when someone told me he reached behind some things and he found one of those HUMONGOUS huntsman spiders! He jumped back and screamed like a girl! Well, maybe he didn't scream like a girl but boy was he surprised! And because of all of the laughing we did I didn't quite find out just how loud he screamed. It was kinda funny though, we couldn't stop laughing. And even now, I smile and laugh when I think of that day.

If it were me I'd have screamed and cried from being so scared.....ewww.
Old 30-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #105
Kachowie
Complete Car Tragic

Oh we have just moved to Aussie from Kiwiland and just the other night wifey and I were setting the kids chrissy presents under the tree in the lounge and a largeish wolf spider came wandering out of its hidey hole to meet us... Needless to say we werent too happy to see it.. I have never seen a spider that big before and Im not keen to repeat the experience.. Gotta love living in Oz eh haha..
Kachowie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #106
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capesy View Post

imagine finding this one in your car

That is all!!

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #107
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: Spider in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
I remember when someone told me he reached behind some things and he found one of those HUMONGOUS huntsman spiders! He jumped back and screamed like a girl! Well, maybe he didn't scream like a girl but boy was he surprised! And because of all of the laughing we did I didn't quite find out just how loud he screamed. It was kinda funny though, we couldn't stop laughing. And even now, I smile and laugh when I think of that day.

If it were me I'd have screamed and cried from being so scared.....ewww.
Just minutes ago as I was typing a huntsman the size of a saucer walked across the carpet , across my slipper and under the antique drawers here in the living room , I flinched but didn't kill it as I guessed and was right as to its intent , seconds later the gecko behind the curtain at the drawers back stopped and when I peaked ol' spidy was happily killing it , I hate tictictic geckos
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #108
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77 View Post
Just minutes ago as I was typing a huntsman the size of a saucer walked across the carpet , across my slipper and under the antique drawers here in the living room , I flinched but didn't kill it as I guessed and was right as to its intent , seconds later the gecko behind the curtain at the drawers back stopped and when I peaked ol' spidy was happily killing it , I hate tictictic geckos
You gotta be kidding me. I would and do, prefer a gecko chasing and killing bugs in my unit than any thing with more than four legs. Heck, my Geckos are so tame they sometimes come to to me and ask where the bugs are hiding. I will just let them run on to my hand and put them where I last saw the bugs and let nature take its course . You think I could do that with a Spidey, not bloody likely. My Ex and I had an understanding. I will chase and get rid of everything including rats, possums, snakes cockroaches or whatever so long as she got rid of the Arachnids.

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #109
335POWER
formerly Troy23

To my surprise, I had daddy long legs make my car his home. Had no idea how long he was in there for. But one day found the web in the back behind the drivers seat, got rid of the web of coarse. Next time I looked, new web and there he was, so killed the lil SOB. Make my car his home, lil **** bag

Mods: Pacemaker competition headers, hi flow cat, x-force cat back exhaust, K&N air filter, Kings SSSL springs, Herrod CAI, Powerbond under drive, XR6T injectors[B]
335POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #110
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

atec77 and Vincenzo's posts make me happy I don't live up north! At least you wouldn't need TV, you have a living discovery channel playing out in your living room.

Sure I have had the occasional huntsman in the house, but the only gecko's I've seen have stayed in the garden. I'd be amazed to see one, or any other reptile or amphibian (we get frogs here - area is reclaimed swamp) wander inside!

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #111
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LowAu View Post
Oh we have just moved to Aussie from Kiwiland and just the other night wifey and I were setting the kids chrissy presents under the tree in the lounge and a largeish wolf spider came wandering out of its hidey hole to meet us... Needless to say we werent too happy to see it.. I have never seen a spider that big before and Im not keen to repeat the experience.. Gotta love living in Oz eh haha..
Hmmm, your in NSW. Just wait until you meet your first funnel web. Never have myself (I'm Victorian) and don't ever want to.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #112
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

All pretty armless really !!
Its the 2 legged spiders you have be weary of !!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #113
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have not read all the replies but realistically speaking you only have three choices.

1) Sell the car

2) Burn the car

3) Give it away

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #114
Daniel B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA View Post
Not really scared of spider as im always catching em and releasing back outside! Good natural bug control in the garden!

But when i was a kid one Saturday arvo, dad and myself grab the chainsaw and went 4Wd in the local bush to cut some banksia for wood. One big tall dead banksia has fallen ages ago. Perfect as the wood is already dried up. Problem is cause the wood and bark has dried it seperate from each other leaving ideal home for crawley. When dad started cutting the top bit, then pulled the half the bark off from the dead banksia, thousand off huntsmen started crawling like mad everywhere, i bloody ran back to 4WD and said "F#rk that i ain't getting out no matter what"! Dad pick the chainsaw, jump in the 4WD and we went looking for wood elsewhere!!!
Similar to this, was at a mates farm and went to help him collect firewood. He starts cutting a fallen tree and hundreds of the buggers come racing out in all directions. I promptly made me way back into his ute, wound up all the windows, drove away from the location, spent the next hour doing surveilance from inside the car looking for them "coming to get me".....meanwhile he just stands there and keeps cutting the bloody tree up, all I remember seeing while I was running away were the buggers running all over his feet and legs. Needless to say he didn't get much help from me that day.....lol.

It actually annoys me that this fear is instilled in me as I have tried to look at them logically as a creature who is more afraid of us than us of them, and stay calm and not be afraid, which works untill they surprise you....like that video of the guy above....I think the house would have had to be burned down after that....
Daniel B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #115
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Dad picked up his hat one day to find something that looked exactly like this nestled inside:

All jokes aside, there is only one logical thing left to do here:
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #116
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
Dad picked up his hat one day to find something that looked exactly like this nestled inside:

All jokes aside, there is only one logical thing left to do here:
Good stuff.
Just curious, am attempting to post an image on another thread (FG - tyres)
and it won't take.
What's the trick????

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #117
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Some (Like the one that isn't showing up in my post now) pictures that are hosted won't work if they detect they are being linked to a different location.

Photobucket sometimes does this, as do some random ones on google images.

Standard practice is to put the following (without quotes): "[IMG]www.thiswebsitemakesmecry.com/superfunnyimageofmydogand40kgofbacon[/IMG]"
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Old 31-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #118
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
Some (Like the one that isn't showing up in my post now) pictures that are hosted won't work if they detect they are being linked to a different location.

Photobucket sometimes does this, as do some random ones on google images.

Standard practice is to put the following (without quotes): "image"
Thanks.
So it's necessary to upload to a website, rather than just a jpg or pdf??

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #119
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

I never host off aff, flickr is my weapon of choice
Old 31-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #120
mwoo1612
EF Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3 View Post
Are you a man ?
Hey, if I climb at tree at night and perch in a branch, I'd expect a huntsman to come along and try and kill me or kick me out! So, if they perch in my car, the same rule applies to them. I've had that agreement with them for a long time.
mwoo1612 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post