Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #31
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Holden Monaro V2 (2001-)

i really wanted a monaro before i bought my ss... the turn off for me was that i like the look of the later 04/05 models, but due to them being exported to USA there was no boot - the fuel tank was up behind the rear seat.

my wife uses my car for work - selling items at hand made markets and needs to take boxes of stock, tressel tables, chair, display rack, etc and there was no way it would fit in the later monaro boot/back seat..

good luck with finding the right car.

as for original question, i can check if the later 04/05 HSV GTO has them for you if that is any help as my father in law has one.. bastard.
Old 14-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #32
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaEB
Going off topic but what was the total number of XA-XC hardtops made?
around 22,000 . . . or not nearly enough
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #33
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Before I bought my 300 I looked at many different V8's including the Monaro.
But I came to the conclusion that I didn't want a 2 door as a daily.
I still like the Monaro though.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #34
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a CV8R the limited edition one in turbine Mica ( Gunmetal) with the shale ( cream) interior
I loved it
Had every intension of hanging on to it for ever at the end of the lease but ended up building a new house and couldn't aford the lease payments , rent and mortgage during the construction so much to my dismay I sold it off ( it was sell that or the XB coupe so the choice was fairly clear cut)
Only had 53 thousand K's after owning it for 4 years

Best car I have ever owned and sold it for 40k with only 22k left to pay out
If the opportunity came up to buy another one I wouldnt hesitate
The CV Monaro is probably going to be the last Australian built coupe and i truly believe they will become sort after ....eventually, especially the limited edition one that I owned ....sigh
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #35
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

I say if the OP wants a CV6 Monaro, by all means let him get one. Everyone is bagging the six, but not everyone is into V8's.
Look at the old Monaro's and Falcon Coupes, many came out in sixes and they are a rarity now as most have been bastar*ised.
Go for it I say, opinions are like you know what.
Each to their own.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #36
whitesoarer

The L67 is a thirsty old low-tech beast but not a bad engine. A few mods and they crank along pretty well. Sound cool too.

http://v6supercharged.com.au/quarter_mile.asp
whitesoarer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #37
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy
I say if the OP wants a CV6 Monaro, by all means let him get one. Everyone is bagging the six, but not everyone is into V8's.
Look at the old Monaro's and Falcon Coupes, many came out in sixes and they are a rarity now as most have been bastar*ised.
Go for it I say, opinions are like you know what.
Each to their own.
You make some good points.

Nothing wrong with sixes but V8s in those models you mentioned will always be more valuable than its six equivalent. All I'm saying is if you have the choice of the two for similar money, it's a no brainer; the 8 wins every time.

By all means, buy a six - in a Commodore, not a Monaro. I liken it to someone that wants their cake, but can't eat it.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post