Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
mitch_s

Default trying to find g6et wheels and someone to build a xr6t gearbox around geelong&melb.

Hey guys, im trying to find somewhere or someone to trade in my darkagents for g6e turbo wheels but alot of shops won't do it. I've offered cash on top because I know its the only way but I still get rejected. I tried wheels2u but the bloke will not answer his phone no matter how often we call. Any his of decent shops or whatever.
Also guys i blew 3rd and 4th in my baby and its time to get a new box done with the same casing but everything strenghtened ( Kevlar bands, possibly billet components, etc) also a shift kit.
Now, i tried dtm in geelong that could do all that for 3250 but I had to drive in the performance thing where I have to shift up but it shifts down its self. I want something done where I can still drive in normal drive mode. Correct me if im wrong but I've been told you can get shift kits that still drive in drive mode....
Any and al advice appreciated

mitch_s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default Re: trying to find g6et wheels and someone to build a xr6t gearbox around geelong&melb.

Transmission see http://www.dtmauto.com.au/

They love Fords & Drag Racing - also recently purchased a CNC laithe machine to make their own transmission components

They also have a Facebook page under DTM Transmissions which shows you pics

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
mitch_s

Default Re: trying to find g6et wheels and someone to build a xr6t gearbox around geelong&melb.

As stated I have tried them but I would have to drive in semi auto to drive it. Paul Adams cab do one with the shift kit and what not that can still be driven in normal drive.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Opps lol

Is it s BTR 4 speed?

I have an electronic shift kit in my BTR 4 speed but it is in no way close to how a shift kit should act

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
mitch_s

Sure is the 4spd
Yeah ive been told to steer clear of eletric
Old 06-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Doesn't seem right, no one does better BTR's than DTM. Why wouldn't it work in drive, doesn't make sense. They have done a heap of these and i've never heard of that.

Unless you are asking them to fit one of their manual valve bodies.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
mitch_s

Yeah I think they were going to.
They said if I run it im drive it won't take off in first only second.
I've heard from people Paul Adams is suppost to be the best at gearboxes in Victoria??
I think ill stick with dtm if I can get around the drive problem