Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Does anyone have one of these

Hi everyone i'm getting my Xr fixed at the pannel shop this week but i'm having a little trouble with parts for the headlight i bought a genuine headlight assy from bayford on ebay. The headlight assy was fine but didn't come with the plastic shroud the screws onto the frame so i asumed it was a seperate part but when i went to ford they said it only comes with the headlight assy . I'm wondering if anyone may have one laying around that i could buy off them i need the Left hand side. pic below of what i need. Cheers Lorenz

Ford Falcon XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: Does anyone have one of these

I have one in the shed that came on a headlight setup I bought, I dont need it and will check tomorrow if it is still ok (the housing is a bit damaged).

If it's ok you can have it for whatever the post costs.
Old 23-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
I have one in the shed that came on a headlight setup I bought, I dont need it and will check tomorrow if it is still ok (the housing is a bit damaged).

If it's ok you can have it for whatever the post costs.
I love this forum! This sort of thing is just one of the reasons why!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
irdonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hijack the thread...

One of my XR headlights has drooped and I can move it around with my hand on the glass. I've used a wooden peg to stop it from bouncing up and down. Before I take the front of the car to pieces, any idea what is broken and needs to be replaced?
Old 24-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
GUTLES
Adam.

I also have one if ya need it, I got some second hand brackets but they weren't much better then what I already had. Ended up getting my local Ford dealer to match Bayfords price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdonn
Sorry to hijack the thread...

One of my XR headlights has drooped and I can move it around with my hand on the glass. I've used a wooden peg to stop it from bouncing up and down. Before I take the front of the car to pieces, any idea what is broken and needs to be replaced?
The plastic mounts one yours are probably broken, you should be able to see without taking the front bar off, will only need to remove the lower stone tray.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdonn
any idea what is broken and needs to be replaced?
It may be that the adjuster has disconnected from the light. Simple to fix but requires removal of the front bar.

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post