Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Chrysler launches first in-car wireless charger

Chrysler launches first in-car wireless charger
By Carsguide team Carsguide10 April 2012 EmailPrint+-
Charging is available while the car is running, and is able to juice up a range of devices
Chrysler will be the first car company to offer wireless charging on the go.
The Mopar-branded system will appear first on the Dodge Dart, and uses an integrated charging-grid bin installed at the front of the centre console, with charging activated when you place a smartphone fitted with the charging case into the bin.

Charging is available while the car is running, and is able to juice up a range of devices including iPhone, Blackberry, MP3 Players and Droid-based devices
The new technology will appear as a $200 option on the Dodge Dart as it rolls out in overseas markets from 2013, then progress to other vehicles in the Chrysler stable.
"At Mopar, we look for every single opportunity to make our customers' lives easier," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "Our industry-first in-vehicle wireless charging system is the perfect solution for those connected customers who are always on the go."

Last edited by csv8; 17-05-2012 at 09:47 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
cowboy
Cowboy

Default Re: Chrysler launches first in-car wireless charger

Was just wondering today when this would appear, cool.
1930 Pontiac Landaulet
1932 Pontiac V8 sedan
1935 Pontiac sedan
1937 Pontiac 8 sedan
1948 Pontiac silver streak
1949 Ford F3 pickup
1953 Pontiac Chieftain
1955 Austin Champ
1957 Dodge Power Wagon
1967 Jeep Gladiator
1975 TD Cortina
1978 F100 4x4
2006 GU Patrol ute
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #3
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Hmmm, seeing the negatives on this I question what the electromagnetic field will cause in the form of problems.

Besides the fact that older things actually heat up using this technology, in which I assume quite a few ill-informed people will leave their phone there, go shopping and come back to a nice and toasty car that has a new paint job.

Otherwise it seems like a good idea.

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
scottyg938
Stock Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Naranja
Hmmm, seeing the negatives on this I question what the electromagnetic field will cause in the form of problems.

Besides the fact that older things actually heat up using this technology, in which I assume quite a few ill-informed people will leave their phone there, go shopping and come back to a nice and toasty car that has a new paint job.

Otherwise it seems like a good idea.
Maybe if they left they're car running while they do their shopping, it says 'Charging is available while the car is running'

Seems like a good idea, although I've got no problem just leaving a car charger sitting in my centre console just in case and using the cig lighter. would come in handy when in areas that I don't know too well and need my gps plugged in, not worth $200 though IMO

Blueprint | Manual | Leather | Premium sound | Sunroof | Shockworks coilovers | TrueTrac + 3.73 Diff Gears
scottyg938 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Something so simple will add sales , everyone has a smart phone these days , that are very thirsty ...sign of the times really , and its tec like this that will keep you in front .
Good work Chrysler.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside......

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyg938
Maybe if they left they're car running while they do their shopping, it says 'Charging is available while the car is running'

Seems like a good idea, although I've got no problem just leaving a car charger sitting in my centre console just in case and using the cig lighter. would come in handy when in areas that I don't know too well and need my gps plugged in, not worth $200 though IMO
Whoops skipped it past, but still has the same problem of heating, just not when the cars off.

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post