Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #61
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: EcoBoost Power and Economy figures

So after driving Ecoboost, which way do you think fleets will go EcoLPI or Ecoboost?

Is it possible Ford could be a big winner scooping the pools with with both vehicles to fleet buyers?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #62
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
I would have a guess along the lines of Ford starting a direct aproach with fleet purchasers??????
I think the new marketing manager for Ford actually has a clue and this helps to confirm it!

I'm so hoping that this feeds into increased new Falcon sales as of May!

Good on Ford for giving fleets trial cars Particularly when the driving enjoyment is still there, but even more so when the fuel economy is so impressive in the Ecoboost Falcon!

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #63
1TUFFUTE
Banned

im still very confused here...is this actually something ford intend on doing at a larger scale..like giving fleets first hand trials at the new falcons....please we need some amswers or as ussual its just a big sloppy who knows whats going. But it does sound good allready
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #64
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
tweeked is on the ball haha
If you like it so much & you are a fleet purchaser of some sort, has it lead to orders for EB4 Falcon? Not being a smart ****, serious question
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #65
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

This thread has nothing to do with our fleet decisions guys...
It's a good car and a big step forward from the I6 if you ask me in terms of general fleets, but there is many considerations which might have nothing to do with everyday people for a given business' needs and there are a few cars in the running still.

I just wanted to shine some positive fresh light onto something exciting about to roll out of Ford's doors as there seems to be a lot of skeptical talk!
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #66
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ecoboost could be just what I am looking for... Performance of a Falcon with the economy of a Focus...

Time will tell.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #67
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
This thread has nothing to do with our fleet decisions guys...
It's a good car and a big step forward from the I6 if you ask me in terms of general fleets, but there is many considerations which might have nothing to do with everyday people for a given business' needs and there are a few cars in the running still.

I just wanted to shine some positive fresh light onto something exciting about to roll out of Ford's doors as there seems to be a lot of skeptical talk!
Thanks for your short review Daniel, it sounds like Ford are about to play another card in the evolution
step for the Falcon, maybe striking accord with I-4 only fllets and retail buyers looking for efficient big cars.
All very exciting and mostly a technology tha Holden has no answer to...
Old 04-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #68
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Ecoboost could be just what I am looking for... Performance of a Falcon with the economy of a Focus...

Time will tell.
Don't forget roominess.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #69
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
I think the new marketing manager for Ford actually has a clue and this helps to confirm it!

I'm so hoping that this feeds into increased new Falcon sales as of May!

Good on Ford for giving fleets trial cars Particularly when the driving enjoyment is still there, but even more so when the fuel economy is so impressive in the Ecoboost Falcon!
10 down days over the next 2 months, even with a 10 day shutdown over Easter. Falcon is dead in the water and Ecoboost won't make one skerrick of difference. Advertising has come too little, too late. Public perception of Falcon has absolutely been shot to bits, no one wants one.

The question is now wether Falcon will even get a 2014 update let alone an all new one in 2016. Triple figure sales figures will more than likely be the norm from now on, and will probably struggle to ever make the top 20 sales again.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #70
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember Mitsu was going to put a 4cyl into a 380 to try and save it, it never made it that far.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #71
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
10 down days over the next 2 months, even with a 10 day shutdown over Easter. Falcon is dead in the water and Ecoboost won't make one skerrick of difference. Advertising has come too little, too late. Public perception of Falcon has absolutely been shot to bits, no one wants one.

The question is now wether Falcon will even get a 2014 update let alone an all new one in 2016. Triple figure sales figures will more than likely be the norm from now on, and will probably struggle to ever make the top 20 sales again.
I hope you have your flame suit on....

Times are sad for Ford Australia.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #72
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Probably a reflection of morale in the plant etc, which is a real shame
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #73
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've said it before - the sooner they make the announcement, the better. Get the global product here now and let the blokes working in the factory know what's going on. Produce the new car here and secure their jobs now!
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #74
Chilliman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
I've said it before - the sooner they make the announcement, the better. Get the global product here now and let the blokes working in the factory know what's going on. Produce the new car here and secure their jobs now!
I agree. The lack of perceived direction is what is killing Ford Australia. Get the new global large car here (whatever it may be) and build some positive press around it.

"Torque is the new horsepower"
Chilliman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #75
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
So after driving Ecoboost, which way do you think fleets will go EcoLPI or Ecoboost?

Is it possible Ford could be a big winner scooping the pools with with both vehicles to fleet buyers?
Gosh didn't this thread go off on a tangent !!
I'd say six one way, half a dozen the other. Some fleet managers havn't had the best of rides with LPG reliability to date so may opt for what is perceived to be the simplier option.

OTOH there's deals to be done for bulk fleet purchase of LPG and big fleets pay nothing like the retail asking price retail motorists do.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #76
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

For fleets, it's going to come down to the tailpipe CO2 emissions, of which I suspect Ecoboost will be the lesser.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #77
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

That seems odd. So a fleet operator will take a loss as long as the tail pipe emissions are down?

I'd have thought they'd place more emphasis on running costs and resale value? There was once a tax deduction threshold at engine sizes of 2.6 litres. Although that may only be when using the cents per km method. If Ecoboost vs EcoLPI happen to show similar long term running costs and resale, the better tax effectiveness of the larger capacity engine might come into play?

Lukeyson
Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #78
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
That seems odd. So a fleet operator will take a loss as long as the tail pipe emissions are down?

I'd have thought they'd place more emphasis on running costs and resale value? There was once a tax deduction threshold at engine sizes of 2.6 litres. Although that may only be when using the cents per km method. If Ecoboost vs EcoLPI happen to show similar long term running costs and resale, the better tax effectiveness of the larger capacity engine might come into play?

Lukeyson
Ford is saying to buyers, EcoLPI and Ecoboost is it, that's all we can offer as outstanding fuel economy.

All Ford can do is really push the advertising and see what comes back, they're very guilty of letting Falcon go off the boil..

Holden isn't immune either, Commodore swings on Omega fleet sales and V8 private sales and
if either of those falls away, the Commodore will be in arguably as much hot water as the Falcon..

These are very insecure times for big car manufacturers, just 5,579 sales last month
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #79
Vantag
Starter Motor

The tune for the 2L ecoboost is out: http://en.bsr.se/products/t2271/

241 hp to 260 hp
343 nm to 388 nm
Vantag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #80
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

The graph on that shows the standard outputs. The torque is well above 300Nm from 1500rpm and only falls below 300Nm at 5500rpm!

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #81
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
The graph on that shows the standard outputs. The torque is well above 300Nm from 1500rpm and only falls below 300Nm at 5500rpm!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #82
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier

Lukeyson
Put it this way, if it doesnt put out under 200g/klm of CO2 out the exhaust, it won't make it into the motor pool, because that is what the Statefleet vehicle selection matrix stipulates, unless it is an SUV, 4x4, or you are a Director General/Director/Senior Employee you get extra choice but you also have to make a contribution per week to the vehicle.

So unless it passes that emissions hurdle, it doesnt even get onto the list for general fleet purchasing in Government. Here anyway...

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #83
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Put it this way, if it doesnt put out under 200g/klm of CO2 out the exhaust, it won't make it into the motor pool, because that is what the Statefleet vehicle selection matrix stipulates, unless it is an SUV, 4x4, or you are a Director General/Director/Senior Employee you get extra choice but you also have to make a contribution per week to the vehicle.

So unless it passes that emissions hurdle, it doesnt even get onto the list for general fleet purchasing in Government. Here anyway...
Ecoboost CO2 output is rated at 192 g/klm