Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Council workers kerb their ambition with lap around parked car at Greenslopes

Council workers kerb their ambition with lap around parked car at Greenslopes

by: Alex Fynes-Clinton From: The Courier-Mail March 13, 2012 12:00AM

SPECIAL SPACE: Council workers resurfaced around this car in a Greenslopes street rather than move it. Source: The Courier-Mail
BRISBANE city council has been left red-faced and ratepayers will have to foot the bill to have their street resurfaced again after a bizarre shortcut by road workers last week.

Vera St, Greenslopes residents, who say they were given only 12 hours' notice about the street work last Thursday, are baffled as to why workers chose to bitumen around a parked Holden Commodore sedan.

Tracy Amaya said the car should have been towed.

"I received notice on Wednesday when I got home and checked my letterbox, so by the time people got home (the message) could have missed people," she said.

"Surely the vehicle could have been towed. It's going to be expensive to come back, if they come back, with all the machinery, just for a square."

Holland Park Councillor Ian McKenzie said ratepayers would have to pay for it.

"The (workers) even called the cops out to try and move the car. They also tried to get it towed, but were unsuccessful," he said.

"Some people just don't take any notice.

"Unfortunately, the ratepayers will pay the cost.

"I've been on the phone with the (road workers) and they will come around and fix it as soon as they can."

The unsealed space now has "no parking" etched roughly in line paint.

The unsealed space now has No Parking roughly painted on . Picture: Liam Kidston
Source: The Courier-Mail

Last edited by csv8; 17-05-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 13-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Council workers kerb their ambition with lap around parked car at Greenslopes

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...36#post4170736

Repost
Closed Thread