Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #151
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Hyundai Veloster from $23,990

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i OHC
Doesn't really surprise me. I wonder what those who rave about this car's handling drive daily. It certainly wouldn't be anything like a Fiesta or LR-LV Focus.
I've got an LV Focus and it handles like *** compared to my WS Fiesta, mine is diesel though, thats probably why, cast iron engine rather than all alloy over the front wheels.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #152
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i OHC
Doesn't really surprise me. I wonder what those who rave about this car's handling drive daily. It certainly wouldn't be anything like a Fiesta or LR-LV Focus.
Cant comment, but i will when i drive one. Dont think it will come near my XR5T even in turbo guise.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #153
Oxa384
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

went down and had a look at one in the flesh certainly looks nice,however id think ill wait till the turbo (150kw version) due later on this year

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows...bo_first_look/
Oxa384 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #154
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hair dryer version interests me too. And I have an LV Focus with handling mods, so I'll be in a good position to compare just how well it handles - or doesn't. If it's in the same ballpark, and the price is right (ie around the $35k mark), I might be a buyer.

Actually, I'd be really interested in the Fiesta ST, but that looks like it's 18 months away.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #155
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Wouldn't mind seeing that in writing actually......

It is a wealthy country (one of VERY few 'first world' Asian countries), where most adults drive newish cars. I find it odd that a Billion dollar car company thats trying to be number 1 would emply people as you describe.

The cheapest tyres?? Is that because they are also Korean? I guess they must be like the Chinese manufacturers and products... right?? I mean... same neck of the woods, sorta look the same....

Anyone who has been to Korea and China (as I have) will know what I'm getting at...
I'll see if I can find the article. Just need to try to remember how long ago it was written so I can get an idea which year to look for, I think it was about a year ago.

When I was referring to cheap Korean tyres I was referring to the cheapest ones they make, it was not referring to all Korean tyres being bad, thats certainly not the case as some very good tyres come out of Korea. The ones I were referring too were the ones fitted to some of the base model Korean cars that were no good.

Kia had to hire an Australian suspension engineer to try to sort out their suspension, Graham Gambold?, who used to work for Toyota.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #156
Chopped
as in chopped

The Veloster is handy if you paly golf.... >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5GD5_gRGiI