Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #31
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 8 or turbo ?

So are you a P-plater?

If so, I seriously don't understand yours and other peoples problems with the restrictions. There's so many legal fast P-plater cars yet people just can't get over the derp wanna have a turbo on my P's ideal.

Just rack off to W.A if you wan't to drive one so bad!
Old 21-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #32
marshro

yes i am and i was looking at a xr6t because i gathered a bit of money and instead of spending it on a N/A just selling my car and buying a 6T or 8 and getting more for the money
[SIZE=3]2004 Ba xr6 ute in blueprint Typhoon upper and lower CAI! BMC air filter and a custom exhaust with pacemaker extractors with magna flow hi flo cat!! kicker 12" solo baric L5 with 1000w response mono block and 2 6" moral splits up front! And alpine 6x9 type R for the back with a 4ch genisis amp! lots of mods to come! (under drive cams LSD and custom tune with blue power cai [/SIZE

custom gear knobs! http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349707
Old 21-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #33
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How long till you are off your P's?
Old 21-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #34
scottyg938
Stock Boss

like I said in the thread you made a few days ago asking the exact same question... Just wait till you're off P's just like every one else has to, what makes you so special that you should be able to drive one?

Blueprint | Manual | Leather | Premium sound | Sunroof | Shockworks coilovers | TrueTrac + 3.73 Diff Gears
Old 21-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #35
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshro
yes i am and i was looking at a xr6t because i gathered a bit of money and instead of spending it on a N/A just selling my car and buying a 6T or 8 and getting more for the money
The thing you P platers do not seem to understand.

If you are driving a restricted car and have an accident, even one that if you were on an open license would not be your fault, YOU ARE UNLICENSED.

You are unlicensed in exactly the same way that an auto only licensee cannot drive a manual, a car only cannot drive a bus, truck or ride a motorcycle etc.

This means:
1) your insurance will be void.
2) the accident is always YOUR fault unless the other idiot is also unlicensed etc.
3) if someone is hurt or dies there is a very good chance you will spend time in jail.

This is not school or playstation where if you mess up you just get another go, it is real life.

If you are so desperate to drive a T6 or V8 move to Perth.
Old 21-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #36
05_ENFORCER

We don't need anymore over here thanks Flappist

Old 21-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #37
marshro

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
The thing you P platers do not seem to understand.

If you are driving a restricted car and have an accident, even one that if you were on an open license would not be your fault, YOU ARE UNLICENSED.

You are unlicensed in exactly the same way that an auto only licensee cannot drive a manual, a car only cannot drive a bus, truck or ride a motorcycle etc.

This means:
1) your insurance will be void.
2) the accident is always YOUR fault unless the other idiot is also unlicensed etc.
3) if someone is hurt or dies there is a very good chance you will spend time in jail.

This is not school or playstation where if you mess up you just get another go, it is real life.

If you are so desperate to drive a T6 or V8 move to Perth.

i already know that and i know i wouldn't have insurance so i decided im not going to get a 8 or t yet and stick with my car for a bit or maybe buy a bf xr6
[SIZE=3]2004 Ba xr6 ute in blueprint Typhoon upper and lower CAI! BMC air filter and a custom exhaust with pacemaker extractors with magna flow hi flo cat!! kicker 12" solo baric L5 with 1000w response mono block and 2 6" moral splits up front! And alpine 6x9 type R for the back with a 4ch genisis amp! lots of mods to come! (under drive cams LSD and custom tune with blue power cai [/SIZE

custom gear knobs! http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349707

Last edited by flappist; 21-02-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: be careful, name calling will get you a holiday
Old 21-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #38
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good, because it is the highest disregard for other people on our roads, and frankly you shouldn't have a license if you are going to act like that anyway.

Depending on your money that you have saved, there is heaps of fast cars. You can pick up an FG XR6 for low to mid $20k's
For around $17-20K you can pick up a VW Passat 3CC, which is just as or maybe even faster than the XR. You could grab a 4-banger S2000, or if you have around $30-35k you can pick up a clean Passat R36, 0-100 5.6 seconds.

So it's definitely not worth all the stress for a spinny thing in the engine, or an extra 2 cylinders !
Old 21-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #39
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

You asked exactly the same question a couple of days ago...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11357532
Old 21-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
You asked exactly the same question a couple of days ago...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11357532
And so he did.
Closed Thread