Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #61
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

Default Re: Are people getting more and more stupid?!

My EL Falcon was written off because some moron pulled out in front of me without being able to see a thing coming down the road from my direction. The road in the opposite lane direction to me was totally stopped for about 400m, but my lane was free. I had just been through the traffic jam and went past some cops with handhelds, so when I came back down the road I was very careful to be doing less than the speed limit. There were side streets that the banked up traffic was good enough to leave a gap for cross traffic to get through. Only trouble is you can't see more than 10ft up the road if you try and cross the road. So I was travelling down the free lane and doing about 45kph, and with about 10m of warning a Toyota Peseo leapt out in front of me and stopped. Jammed the anchors on and cleaned him up. EL's aren't worth anything so it was written off. Only panel damage but too expensive to fix. and I was emotionally attached to the car too.

Why do people do such stupid things? I would never pull across and intersection with so little vision. Like a blind man walking across a busy road without his dog.
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 01:54 AM   #62
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Argh its stories like yours that make me drive so defensively mate.

I doubt i would have lasted as long as i have if i drove more offensive or even slacked off the defense just a tiny bit, forunetly idiot drivers are a bit like watching a group of wild animals, i just stay out of their way.
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 01:58 AM   #63
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconnut
Argh its stories like yours that make me drive so defensively mate.

I doubt i would have lasted as long as i have if i drove more offensive or even slacked off the defense just a tiny bit, forunetly idiot drivers are a bit like watching a group of wild animals, i just stay out of their way.
Yep. I don't give my wife a lift to the station anymore when she's running late. I don't want to run my Territory into anyone.
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #64
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No wonder Comprehensive car Insurance is so expensive...
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #65
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd.
Agreed, personally I find at least 70% of Commodore drivers to have absolutely faultless driving, and they NEVER do burnouts or rev their engines at traffic lights.

IMO Commodore drivers are absolute fantastic legends.
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...r/2400948.aspx

Quote:
BENDIGO police disgusted by the state of a car stopped in Bridge Street on Tuesday night have called on drivers to ensure their vehicles are safe for the road.

Police impounded the car after finding it was unregistered, unroadworthy and allegedly being driven by an unlicensed 17-year-old who returned a blood alcohol reading of .033.

The teenager will be charged on summons for a range of driving offences.

Pictures taken by the Bendigo Advertiser yesterday show the station wagon had a missing rear side window, rusted panels, missing tail lights and door handles, tyres worn to the canvas, a hole in the fuel intake pipe and a rag for a petrol cap.
XF Falcon ..
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post