Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #31
blk6t

Default Re: urgent help needed. Bf Keys STOLEN

Mate, sorry to read your story.

I had some thief try and steal my bag that was on my lap on a tangara, I always place my arm through one of the straps especially if I know I will dose off, next thing I know some young kid tried to grab my bag and run but he didn't expect the bag to be attached to my arm. He let go and ran off the train. We were sitting at Parramatta.

His face expressed shock, especially when I got up ready to chase him.

The trains in Sydney can be nasty places.

Hopefully your luck will turn around for you know, who knows you may find a bag on the next train with cash in it...
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #32
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a bag full of money would be nice! some good karma! for a change.. just how thisarvo i vacated my seat for an elderly couple at Redfern. stood up until parramatta, old people got off, so i took back my spot. although a pregnant lady hopped on so once again i stood up and gave up my seat the rest of the way home to St Mary's.
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #33
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pretty nice considering my last homeward bound trip from work cost me $!400 in theft.!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #34
RAPID_BA
Banned

sorry to hear about all this. Real pain in the ***.

Other day I went to gym, changed my shirt which was in boot. Put my keys down as I changed and shut the boot... No keys.. House keys locked in car. Mrs waa out with hwr friends for the night in town...

It was a long session at the gym thats for sure. Played phone games for hours and probably posted a few good posts on here.

Its all over and you have your car going. Plenty worse things that could happen.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #35
mrih8hsv

Hey hulk ba
mate feel your pain my wife had her back stolen at liverpool westfields. We had my keys in her bag (my only set) and her car keys (her only set) both our mobile phones and her work phone. her wallet, lucky i still had my wallet in my pocket cost us $430 for a lock smith to come out the next morning to get a key cut and i got a spare and another $480 for her car and new house keys was a major pain. The police managed to catch the thief via watching cctv. She was charged but only got a $200 dollar fine and a conviction was a joke. But she may think next time she steals a handbag.

tuned to 325rwkw drag tune 346 kw atw drag tune
12.6 @ 111mph wsid dec 2008
12.4 @ 113 mph wsid april 2009
12.2 @ 117mph wsid may 2009
11.7 @ 122mph wsid nov 2009
mrih8hsv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #36
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had 2 new keys cut 2 new remotes and all programmed to suit my car. + the door trim and handle taken out to be able to be taken away to have the key cut from.. + travel and time between blacktown-st marys X2..

$750. Fair price? i figured its a "takes whatever it costs job"..
Old 11-12-2011, 01:37 AM   #37
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Jeez that's a hit mate. Ford should have been able to cut you a key without taking the door trim. All they need is your VIN number. Just did mine after my son lost my only set. 2 new FG style keys plus cut plus programming for about $260. Took a few days to get the keys I wanted so I suppose that may have been the difference.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2011, 02:40 AM   #38
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sinclair ford told me (after i dropped in) that i needed to have my car towed to them and then they cold do the job. Told me an independant locksmith may be able to make a key up, but that alone will not be able to start the car. (however the independant locksmith had the special usb computer that allowed the new keys they cut to work and to program the new remotes.

The ford dealer never told me about just quaoting them the VIN number?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #39
Blue_XR

Sorry to hear that this happened to you. Maybe seeing as the thief had all of your ID, car keys, credit cards...etc, you could have set a trap to see if you could have caught them.

What you should have done is parked your car on the driveway when possible after the train station. Then play the waiting game to see of anyone turns up, then bingo, grab them. You never know some of these grubs are dumb and you could get lucky catching them. Unless they only want cash and disposable items like the cameras they could see get rid of with ease. I'm surprised the police wouldn't have tried this to try and catch them in the act.

When ever I caught trains I always have everything in my hands and if i sleep my hand goes through the handle with my hand over the zipper.

It an inconvenience replacing everything but it has to be done.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #40
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, have been keeping an eye out even harder lately around the home.. could of set the trap, if they do come around will they have a gun/ knife or crowbar? Pretty sure just petty criminal/s after some quick cash. everything but my cash and camera's are probably in some bin.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #41
BlueFG2

This is why I never use public transport, some people are just sh**ty
BlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #42
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
sinclair ford told me (after i dropped in) that i needed to have my car towed to them and then they cold do the job. Told me an independant locksmith may be able to make a key up, but that alone will not be able to start the car. (however the independant locksmith had the special usb computer that allowed the new keys they cut to work and to program the new remotes.

The ford dealer never told me about just quaoting them the VIN number?
That's a shame. I didn't know as I came to them quoting a new ignition barrel, locks etc. I emailed them my VIN and handed over the keys. I could have got them cut anywhere but as they have been good to them I got them to cut the key. Did have to drop the car into the to get the keys programmed though. Hope that all is good though. Any luck on any of the other items?

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post