Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #91
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Would like some advice about a traffic incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
You complain about some driver's not having 3rd party insurance then whinge about how comprehensive is not worth the expense? again your decision, but if you have invested serious coin in a car then not having insurance to protect you from damage for anything other than fire and theft would be considered foolhardy to most

Whilst you haven't stated so, comprehensively insurance is not expensive because of uninsured drivers, evidence of which is why we can get comprehensive insurance on many vehicles for not much more than third party fire theft and property policies.

in much of your posting on these forums, you seem to lack the ability to put yourself in other peoples shoes!! for what its worth to you, I have full comp.

ever tried seeing things through the eyes of a teen or early 20's?? its not unusual for full comp to be over $2000/yr in some cases. many of people in this age bracket also drive cars worth not much more than that so it doesn't make sense to pay the value of the car every year.
Old 28-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #92
Jamies460

In my opinion driving with only 3rd party insurance is a cop-out, if you can afford to buy fuel at todays prices you can afford to have pay by the month insurance, My old 1985 XF ute is fully insured - so no matter what i do hit or runs into me Im covered, its called peace of mind, I know with young drivers Insurance is way to high, But thats the price you have to pay if you want to get behind the wheel, Maybe speak to a lawyer ( No win - No Fee ) & see what they have to say. My Partner was in the same boat two years back, a young female driver wrote her Astra off.... only had 3rd party so took NRMA to court only last week its all finished & was Awarded $25000.00. Hopefully you can fix the car...................
Old 28-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #93
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
in much of your posting on these forums, you seem to lack the ability to put yourself in other peoples shoes!! for what its worth to you, I have full comp.

ever tried seeing things through the eyes of a teen or early 20's?? its not unusual for full comp to be over $2000/yr in some cases. many of people in this age bracket also drive cars worth not much more than that so it doesn't make sense to pay the value of the car every year.
Okay, lets put the shoes of a new driver on:

We can buy a POV(perfectly ok vehicle) that say is worth less than $3000 and drive around with 3rd party only insurance for a couple of hundred dollars. We therefore choose to take the risk of our car being totalled due to our own actions and therefore risk being out of pocket for $3000 or so. This is the most likely outcome for newer drivers, damaging their own car by their own fault, that's why comp ins is so expensive for them.

If they are willing to risk the $3000 here(so they can save $2000 a year of comp ins) then that's a calculate risk that will probably pay off. Whats all the melodrama about having the car written off by having it written off by an incident where the other driver is at fault and uninsured or having it totalled by a hit run from a truck while it is parked etc.

If as a new driver I want a safer ride and are willing to put out $10K+ then if I dont want to take a loss in a write off which will be more than likely my fault I should consider comp and in such case I need to factor in the cost of the comp ins along with all the other costs of running a vehicle

Last edited by sudszy; 28-08-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 28-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #94
FgNewbie
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
If you have any criticisms of my post that bare any logic why not lets hear them? it is a discussion forum. But you come hear to abuse/troll just because it makes you feel better within yourself.
sudszy you accuse prydey of whinging and burnz of trolling yet you continue with your own diatribe. It makes it difficult to respect your opinion.

… his apparent inability to keep his pen from drifting from the main objective of his words into diatribe must have taken away from the sound and otherwise convincing arguments that he advanced. —Henry Petroski, Engineers of Dreams, 1995
Old 28-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #95
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Moral of the story here. If you're going to drive around with no insurance and have an accident...

Don't post up here as you're going be be classed in the same category as a murderer and you can't drive for the life of you.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 28-08-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 28-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #96
prydey
Rob

ahh forget it.

Last edited by prydey; 28-08-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: no point arguing
Old 28-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #97
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I am sure there is some advice in the thread somewhere ...... topic has gone straight ahead, discussion has turned left

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread