Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Default MY 2000 XR6 VCT gone !

Hi again everyone after so long !.
Sad to say that today I traded my xr6 in......gone, and if anyone is chasing it you will find it at the Ford dealers in Warragul.
Just a thanks to everyone over the last few years who has helped me with advice and so forth with the xr6 while I had it.
Being out in the country and all sorta these days, I already wrecked a few mufflers on pot holes etc ect , and killing it towing around 1.5 tonne most days.
But , you might all be happy to know that I still updated to another ford , just a 4wd this time.
Got me a 4x4 turbo deisel twin cab with tray , siderails , bullbar, towbar , front bullbar winch, and plenty of other extras , and of course a FORD ! , a 2007 Ford Ranger, very happy with the purchase , for $22,000 , (4g for the ford, needed alot of work , was getting run down !) , so 18g after trade-in, car was previously owned by a council and srerviced every 10,000km , clean as and runs great, will post a few pics if anyone wants to see it , cheers

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MY 2000 XR6 VCT gone !

bugger, another brother Auvian deserting :(, anyway glad to see you have a another limo your happy with, please show us your new ride.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Another of the old AU stalwarts gone
Old 09-04-2011, 03:36 AM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Another of the old AU stalwarts gone
C'mon, seriously , I feel bad enough as it is selling it if, i really considered keeping it and restoring it too / but it needed heaps of work ( been there and done that in the past with a XE years ago - and in the end end 90% of cars loose value no matter how much you spend on them ) / sad but true !.
I loved the xr6 bt these s$i&house roads in the country was trashing it , and better to see it go to a good home before if weas trashed!
AT LEAST I BOUGHT ANOTHER FORD , and i love it too , ill post some ics , cheers guys , Rick.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:46 AM   #5
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
bugger, another brother Auvian deserting :(, anyway glad to see you have a another limo your happy with, please show us your new ride.
Not deserting you AU blokes , I stlii love the Au models , any questions or advice I might be able to pass on from my experiences/knowledgle , i'de still be glad to help ;) ,.I;m a Ford man all round , allways have been , allways will be !
. Don't know if it's ust my luck , but NEVER had a Ford fail me or break down on me, 100% reliable to me. cheers

Old 09-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
Mr Hardware

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
C'mon, seriously , I feel bad enough as it is selling it if, i really considered keeping it and restoring it too / but it needed heaps of work ( been there and done that in the past with a XE years ago - and in the end end 90% of cars loose value no matter how much you spend on them ) / sad but true !.
I loved the xr6 bt these s$i&house roads in the country was trashing it , and better to see it go to a good home before if weas trashed!
AT LEAST I BOUGHT ANOTHER FORD , and i love it too , ill post some ics , cheers guys , Rick.
Hey dude I don't blame you in the least, these AU's are getting ancient.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

At first i thought you were saying it was stolen. Glad it was traded on another Ford!

I'm actually in the same process. Immenent sale / trade of the 1999 AU XR6 VCT. Currently for sale (started this week) and had a few offers as well as a few trade-in offers on various FG XR6. Very nearly on the money.

My two AU have been unreal cars, but time is moving on and I want to update the family chariot!

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sad day indeed Rick But sounds like its all going forward for you mate, hope it all goes well for your new ride, guess it wont be long before you start messen with it too Ahh well pop in when you feel like it I will still be here, planning to be the last of the AU stalwarts

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Not deserting you AU blokes , I stlii love the Au models , any questions or advice I might be able to pass on from my experiences/knowledgle , i'de still be glad to help ;) ,.I;m a Ford man all round , allways have been , allways will be !
. Don't know if it's ust my luck , but NEVER had a Ford fail me or break down on me, 100% reliable to me. cheers
They are getting on lets be honest. I had 2 AU's and they were the best cars ive had besides my Focus and i dont regret letting them go at all.
That said ill always be an AU fan i love the shape, great cars.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #10
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Sad day indeed Rick But sounds like its all going forward for you mate, hope it all goes well for your new ride, guess it wont be long before you start messen with it too Ahh well pop in when you feel like it I will still be here, planning to be the last of the AU stalwarts
Ah Whoosha , good to hear from you , long time huh !. Good to see your still around. If i was still in the city I probably would'nt of sold it , I loved it and and allways will , the good old xr6 never let me down once. Your right about me messing with it , wont take long and i'll be tinkering with this too , great new car and very happy with the new purchase still , cheers mate.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #11
Day-mow
rexnet

can i ask how much you got for trade in?

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #12
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
G'day mate , long time.... yes they are , but still great looking cars imo , one of the finest/classiest looking fords there was or has been so far imo , gotta love that twin round headlight setup with the sloped bonnet , I still love them, and they looked tough on the track back in the days when they raced them. cheers mate

Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #13
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
can i ask how much you got for trade in?
hi mate , i got $4000 for it. I could of got alot more private sale , but i was happy with 4g and to be done with it all , I only originaly paid $10,000 for it nearly 6 years ago now , so i got it for a bargain and got my use out of it no worries, so was easy to let it go for 4g , cheers.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #14
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
They are getting on lets be honest. I had 2 AU's and they were the best cars ive had besides my Focus and i dont regret letting them go at all.
That said ill always be an AU fan i love the shape, great cars.
Hiya mate , long time too huh ! ....I Couldn't agree more , best car I have ever had too, and still best shape and looks to-date/modern to this day still imo. Gee I'm nearly shedding a tear over selling it now , I love the new 4wd and all , but gee i miss the AUxr6 already :( , cheers bud.

Old 15-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #15
Rosscco

Quote:
If this is true, then it's a sad comment on our society.
A car just over 10 years old is ancient.
We'll be like the Japanese soon, where you cannot have a car over 5 years old (not without spending 2/3 price of a new car on it)
Rosscco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #16
Mr Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosscco
If this is true, then it's a sad comment on our society.
A car just over 10 years old is ancient.
Oh contraire, it was Henry Ford himself who ensured this. It's a simple fact that the materials that make up the working components of our cars perish over time. At about 10 to 15 years old, a car often comes to the point where a significant amount of labour is required to ensure said cars stay alive and reliable. Why would one spend copious sums in overhauling & reconditioning a car when a new or near new one can be had so cheaply?
More precisely, it is the value of our time that ensures this cycle, and the value we put on machinery and modern technology - not only in the creation of cars, but in the continual quest for nicer and safer ones too.

Do something for me: Next time you're able to watch traffic for even just 2 minutes, count how many cars older than an AU could be there are on the road. You'll find that out of all cars on the road made between 1893 and 1998, less than 1 in 20 will be from that range. The rest will all be made within the last 13 years or so.

Last edited by Mr Hardware; 15-04-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Mr Hardware is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #17
Rosscco

Mr Hardware, just because I quoted a post from you, I hope you don't take it as a comment somehow directed at you personally. It was really just a comment about this disposable society we live in. I just find it sad, that's all.
Rosscco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 12:35 AM   #18
Mr Hardware

Not at all my friend, not at all.
But I do agree, it is sad. But this is the price that is paid for continual progress.

Commerce will nearly always win out over sustainability.
Old 17-04-2011, 04:41 AM   #19
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Sadly, as most mention, cars don't hold much value these days unless they are "YEARS" old and in repairable condition (eg..XW/XY etc or older , T-model) and so forth.

Was sure a shame to sell the XR(2000 model ! ), but even in my eyes it wasn't worth anymore than say 3g as i have seen plenty of even newer cars in better nic even cheaper.
I was happy with what i got for it...but..when you look at what it was and still looked new ( and never smoked in it , allways had a new car smell ) , it does make me cringe a bit to think that it devaluated in price so much so quick fo such a nice car !.
Gee , i remember when i got my first car it cost me $4000 , and it was a $hitebox Datsun 280B , what a peice of crapolla compared to what you can get for $4000 these days !. enough said :(.

Well nearly enough said , just to mention , While in the hunt for my new car, I came across a awesome silver BA xr8 mkII Ute, with after market supercharger and clean as a whistle and only done just over 65,000km.
The price, $11,200 ! , with trade in with my car i could of got it for 8g drive away. Loved it and all but wasn't what i needed these days ,unfortunately , wouldn't of lasted long on these country roads like the old AU , and besides I needed a 3 tonne towing capacity without kiling the car.
Suprisingly , the 4wd was cheaper to rego and insure than the AU out here in the stix, although out in the city for an e-tag , because of the size of it and being a 3ltr they class it as a truck , so the e-tag cost more than the AU !. Cheers

Last edited by XR6-VCT-2000; 17-04-2011 at 05:04 AM.