Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-03-2011, 02:01 AM   #31
EATHSV
Oo---oO

Default Re: Pics etc of my AU S3 XR8..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
The BA XR badges are definantly going.. No iffs, buts or maybes..
Your envious of the Rebel Kit, Im envious of your sunroof and your steering wheel, it looks brand new..
GREAT to hear, I tend to use a lot of Bseries parts on my XR but draw the line on badges.

Steering wheel looks new because it is, it and the gear knob are only about 3k old. Had a worn out woodgrain momo on it when I got it and a BA "metal dildo" gear knob. YUCK!

Successful transactions with the following members:
Ride, Raised by Monkeys, TICK4D-TAS, Falcman007, 2002AU, JC.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #32
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I love the beast you have matey, I have an AU, just a 6 but do love it. I have to say that the XR8 badges on the side skirts look good in my opinion but everyone has a different idea.
Is the dash face one of those you buy from Ebay? it looks fairly good.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #33
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EATHSV
GREAT to hear, I tend to use a lot of Bseries parts on my XR but draw the line on badges.

Steering wheel looks new because it is, it and the gear knob are only about 3k old. Had a worn out woodgrain momo on it when I got it and a BA "metal dildo" gear knob. YUCK!
I wanna keep mine close to stock as I think the stock look is pretty well right on the money.. After I flick my XY Im going to hunt down a sunroof for it and upgrade the brakes and maybe turn it into a 347.. Id luv a new wheel an shifter knob, but the cost of the wheel is way too dear.. I looked at a few AU XR's that had BA shifters on em, they looked horrible, and I asked them if they had the stock one still..

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
Donny,

Awesome buy mate! I'm one of those sick guys that actually loves AU's lol!

I even convinced my old man to buy 2 of em and he loves em.

On of my "cars to own list", right at the top is a narooma blue T3 TE50 manual! I was that close to buying one in 2008 and it was even an auto! But couldn't agree on price. If I could find the right combo in narooma with a roof, premium sound and brembo's I would sacrifice one of my x-series Falcon's for it!

I love em, FTe hand built a lot of the engines in those AU's and the pushrod technology make them sound, go and feel much more like a GT than the B series GT's IMO.

Bang for you buck you can't beat that man.

Well done!

disco.
Thanks Disco..
It took me a while to like the look of the AU's, but after owning one, it all fell into place and the rest of the car won me hands down..
Im loving the Weezor motor in this so much more than the Boss motor, better sound, lighter, more useable power band and more fuel efficient too. Plus you dont have that huge lump of heavy metal up front to upset the cars balance..

Mate, keep your eyes peeled, they are out there.. Id even get one without the sunroof, and just buy one new or second hand and get DS to fit it for you. He can still sort it, I checked.. If I was after a T series tho, Id get a T3 TS50 for that little more luxo, the T3 TE50 only has the mid spec dash and normal XR type guages etc.. If I see anything, I will send it your way..

Your bang on about how these cars feel more like a GT than the B series do. Iv said that a number of times now. (Iv had to eat my words from the past, but can accept when Iv made a wrong call)
These cars with their flaws n quirks are just like how old x series GT's were.. Imperfect, bit crude and gobbs of character.. Thats where they beat the B series GT's hands down. The B series GT's etc are just all too clinical..

And the best thing about them, as you've said is the bang for bucks is outstanding.. The B series GT's are a lotta car for the money they go for now, so are these ones for half the price or less.. You just cant lose..

Last edited by Donny; 23-03-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #34
Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
I love the beast you have matey, I have an AU, just a 6 but do love it. I have to say that the XR8 badges on the side skirts look good in my opinion but everyone has a different idea.
Is the dash face one of those you buy from Ebay? it looks fairly good.

Thanks mate, the dash faschia is actually a genuine T series one. I bought it off ebay from the guy who works for the company who made them new. He sells them on ebay occasionally, but isnt always selling them. I just looked, he hasnt got one on there currently.

It ISNT one of the 2 places that sell them online all the time. Iv read a few posts on this forum giving them a less than good feedback..

Old 23-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #35
51OAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks clean
51OAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #36
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

overflow tank looks like mine. dont waste your time tryin to clean it. I everythin with mine even removed it and put sand in it and shook it heaps gets rid of lots but not all.
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #37
Donny

You can buy them new from Ford for around $120.

I also saw a few sellers on ebay where you can buy what looks like repo ones too. The non sensored ones for around 50, ones with a hole for the sensors for 60 odd, genuine new non sensor ones for around 60 and the genuine new ones with sensor and float for around 115.

I'll be buying a genuine brand newie..

Old 29-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #38
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Nice, very nice.

Seeing examples like this one, for this money makes me want to sell the Pug and get back into an AUII/III XR8.

Actually given current circumstances (a 4 door car is needed ;) ) I may actually have to look into it.......

A liquid silver one, with good k's for 10k would be ideal lol.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #39
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Nice, very nice.

Do it Russ. Saw it on carsales for a bit more than 10K though!

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #40
Donny

There out there for sure.. The times right, the moneys right and the cars are very right. A hell of a lotta car for the $$.

Mine was advertised for 12k, I told the guy straight up what I wanted to spend before I went n saw the car or wasted either of our times.

He had it at around 14k when he first advertised it 3 months prior to me buying it. He had an interstate buyer then at agreed 12k who got it RAC inspected and didnt buy it because of a few minor scratches etc.. That Buyer was expecting something near perfect for the $$.
The owner was keen to sell, and for accepting a bit less, got a very easy, hassle free, no BS sale..

Old 29-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #41
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Nice, very nice.

Seeing examples like this one, for this money makes me want to sell the Pug and get back into an AUII/III XR8.

Actually given current circumstances (a 4 door car is needed ;) ) I may actually have to look into it.......

Gawd youre pregnant arent you.............