Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 
Default Movember team, join or donate to raise funds and awareness for mens health!

Just to let everyone know, I’ve started up a team to kick off this year’s Movember. All the men of ACCES who want to participate and grow your mo’s and women who would like to donate, I would encourage you to join the “Show mo the money!” team and help out with this great cause.

You can join the team if you want to participate, or just hit the “donate to team” button if you don’t want to grow a mo!

Click here to join or donate

Some info about Movember below.

Each year Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces in Australia and around the world, with the sole aim of raising vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and depression in men.

Men sporting Movember moustaches, known as Mo Bros, become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November and through their actions and words raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.

Supported by the women in their lives, Mo Sistas, Movember Mo Bros raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo growing efforts. The rules are simple; register online at Movember.com and start the month of Movember clean shaven, before growing a Mo.

Money raised in Australia is shared equally between programs targeting prostate cancer and male depression. Funds are committed to our men’s health partners, the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and beyondblue – the national depression initiative and the Movember Foundation. Together, the three channels work to ensure that Movember funds are supporting a broad range of innovative, world class programs in the fields of research, education, support, and awareness.

For further details on how Movember funds are being spent, please visit the Outcomes section of the Movember Foundation website.

Since inception, Movember has continued to grow each year, both in terms of participation numbers and funds raised. In its first year, 30 Mo Bros took part and last year, in Australia alone, over 128, 000 Mo Bro & Sistas got on board, raising more than $21 million.

Having been started by mates in Australia, Movember now takes place around the world. Motivated and inspired by what was happening in Australia, a further nine countries- New Zealand, USA, Canada, UK, Finland, the Netherlands, Spain, South Africa and Ireland - now embrace the Mo in an official capacity each November. In addition, Movember is aware of Mo Bros & Sistas supporting the cause right across the globe, from Russia to Dubai, Hong Kong to Denmark and everywhere in between.

At the end of Movember, a series of Gala Partés are held across Australia (and the world) to thank Mo Bros and Sistas for their remarkable fundraising efforts. Mo Bros (dressed to suit their Mo) and Mo Sistas (dressed to suit their Mo Bro) come together to celebrate the Mo and compete for a number of category titles in the perfect opportunity to see what Movember is really about; great mates, health, and fun. And of course, the Mo.

Big steps have been taken towards changing attitudes and habits relating to men’s health around the world but there is still much to be done to catch up with the women’s health movement. Via the moustache, Movember aims to continue to provoke conversation each year, with a view to breaking down long standing and traditional taboos and habits.

Click here to join or donate

Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Is anyone else doing it solo for Movember?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
XRSEX
More money would be great

Im going to grow my ginger beard lol.
Old 29-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSEX
Im going to grow my ginger beard lol.
hahaha same!

I don't join any groups usually but I donate to my mates group and grow my beard for a month.

I look like a bum afterwards!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Official movember rules state that the moustache must not be attached to the sideburns or goatee or else it becomes a "beard"

Just as an FYI
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

been thinking about growing the grey mo for this years event

wold like to set up an aff team

what do you guys think

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
DaveGod
Your not Ron

Hey guys,

Iam also doing this this year.

Heres my link if any one feels kind enough to donate.

http://au.movember.com/mospace/660218/

Cheers
Dave
Old 31-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

Its a great cause, I have signed up again
Thanks to anyone who is kind enough to donate, link is here: http://au.movember.com/mospace/455305/
Old 31-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #9
351EL

I have decided to give it a go this year.
I hope I look like John Homes when I am done.
351EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #10
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351EL
I have decided to give it a go this year.
I hope I look like John Homes when I am done.
Hope you don't end up looking like Mickey Rooney.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #11
sdoylie

im doing movember this yr. as i have done the last 2 years. its alot of fun. and for a great cause. just did my shave.
its on mutha f**ka!!

sdoylie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #12
351EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Hope you don't end up looking like Mickey Rooney.
I think it will be more like Ron Jeremy
351EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #13
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Done.

http://au.movember.com/mospace/873980/

Should be a lot more contributors in this thread to be honest!

Will start hitting up people for donations this weekend
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #14
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just sponsored my friend. She's is drawing a moustache on everyday for the month, sometimes a different coloured one.. I thought it was a cool idea of hers
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post