Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #31
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
actually they had to blame world war 1 on someone, so they chose Deutschland. I strongly believe that if this didnt happen there would not have been a world war 2. the reason for this is Deutschland's economy would not have been totally screwed and the Deutsch public wouldnt of had to look to an extremist with a "good" plan to get them out of it.
AND for a while there people were better off under Hitler, and that is a reality. Or 'was':-)

Shame about is European Tour though.....
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 15-10-2010, 01:27 AM   #32
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Anybody here able to put a $$ value on the Holocaust and when this should be paid off....

It's got me ********* why this is even being discused on a car forum....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 15-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
Anybody here able to put a $$ value on the Holocaust and when this should be paid off....

And that is the problem exactly.

The genocide of Tasmanian Aboriginies.
The various ethnic cleansings in Yugoslavia, USSR, China, Middle east, SE Asia, USA, Africa et al.
The crusades, inquisition, jihads et al.

All tragedies, all embarrassing examples of human beings at their worst.

But one group who were less than 20% of the total number of innocent people murdered during an extended conflict just go on and on and on and have gained more money and power out of this event than any other ever.

The entire population of earth have been paying off the WW2 Holocaust since 1945 and will continue to do so while ever USA is a world power.

A lesson learned by every school kid. If you have a big friend looking out for you, you don't have to be nice, fair or popular..........until the day your big friend leaves school.
Old 15-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #34
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

The various ethnic cleansings in Yugoslavia, USSR, China, Middle east, SE Asia, USA, Africa et al.

But one group who were less than 20% of the total number of innocent people murdered during an extended conflict just go on and on and on and have gained more money and power out of this event than any other ever.

The entire population of earth have been paying off the WW2 Holocaust since 1945 and will continue to do so while ever USA is a world power.

A lesson learned by every school kid. If you have a big friend looking out for you, you don't have to be nice, fair or popular..........until the day your big friend leaves school.
Obvious a poke at Israel flappist? Funny how most of Israel's new warships and submarines are being purchased at full market rate from Germany. The new Tavor rifle was designed with the help of Germany, so I think Germany is no longer paying for the holocaust. The German Army are training with Israeli soldiers on regular occassions.

As for paying of war debt, Britain only finished paying the Canadians and Americans back for loans during WW2. We only paid off our debt to the US in the 1990's.
Old 15-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #35
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I thought the USA was the only thing keeping all the morons at bay but in the last 20 years she has been declining rapidly into a filthy greed redin atheist pack of no hopers. sorry to say Australia on the same path to now.
That 20% are way better educated than most could fathom but for that old stumbling block it's still there.
Old 15-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #36
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Call me a softy, I just wish world governments wouldn't war anymore. You know?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 15-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #37
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Call me a softy, I just wish world governments wouldn't war anymore. You know?

Aslong as Money & Religion still exist there will be wars.
Old 15-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #38
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

So we're not allowed to talk about anything other than cars? This is a part of history.
Old 15-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #39
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Aslong as Money & Religion still exist there will be wars.
You will never get rid of religion, that is one thing that is for sure. it is totally impossible.

Some peoples religion can be money or anything they want to idolise. as in some people do not think they are religious but they are really, but they just don't know it because they are ignorant fools.

Wars are mainly due to arguments as long as there are arguments there will be wars.

Ignorance, superstition, greed, hatred, are all recipes for disaster.
Old 15-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #40
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
So we're not allowed to talk about anything other than cars? This is a part of history.
Its a car forum, if we could talk about all kinds of things then this place would get out of control.
Old 16-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #41
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Its a car forum, if we could talk about all kinds of things then this place would get out of control.
Old 16-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #42
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

^^ well there is enough pointless rubbish posted by people pushing their views. Imagine it was open slather.
Old 16-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #43
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
^^ well there is enough pointless rubbish posted by people pushing their views. Imagine it was open slather.
"
"Its a car forum, if we could talk about all kinds of things then this place would get out of control."

I actually thought you were being a little ironic.
"Threads in Forum:The Bar - For non Automotive Related Chat"....taken directly from the top of the page.
Old 16-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #44
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

As long as it doesn't go against the T&C.

So there is a limit.
Old 16-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #45
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra
Obvious a poke at Israel flappist? Funny how most of Israel's new warships and submarines are being purchased at full market rate from Germany. The new Tavor rifle was designed with the help of Germany, so I think Germany is no longer paying for the holocaust. The German Army are training with Israeli soldiers on regular occassions.

As for paying of war debt, Britain only finished paying the Canadians and Americans back for loans during WW2. We only paid off our debt to the US in the 1990's.
Why do people think Germans hate Israel, they don't and never did.
The German nation had emigrants of Jews dating back to the year 300 and before, but most became Christians.
Many Germans have a Jewish ancestry even most of the Nazi hierarchy are as was the Austrian born Hitler.
Old 16-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #46
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
And that is the problem exactly. The genocide of Tasmanian Aboriginies. The various ethnic cleansings in Yugoslavia, USSR, China, Middle east, SE Asia, USA, Africa et al. The crusades, inquisition, jihads et al. All tragedies, all embarrassing examples of human beings at their worst. But one group who were less than 20% of the total number of innocent people murdered during an extended conflict just go on and on and on and have gained more money and power out of this event than any other ever. The entire population of earth have been paying off the WW2 Holocaust since 1945 and will continue to do so while ever USA is a world power. A lesson learned by every school kid. If you have a big friend looking out for you, you don't have to be nice, fair or popular..........until the day your big friend leaves school.

Amen Flappist, i hate it how Deutschland cops so much crap for what happened. The young generation of there citizens are still feeling the pain of what happened today. I have spent a lot of time in Deutschland and i genuinely feel sorry for them that they are hardly patriotic to there country. when the winter Olympics were on i was cheering for Australia yelling loudly, they couldnt understand how i could get so excited for my country to win gold. the world cup in 2006 definitely helped the country alot, they devolved a little bit of pride, but they have a long way to go. but still the majority of Australians are so ignorant that when you tell them Germany is your second favourite country in the world they say "why would you like Nazi's?". this is why Deutschland cant move forward.
Old 16-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #47
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

^^ at 1.15 might explain it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLIU2NI66w

Funny but there are people who think this way.

Last edited by vztrt; 16-10-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 16-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #48
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

yeh and at 1.15 is exactly why the modern world annoys the hell out of me. how can a country move forward if all they get is grief from the past.
Old 16-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #49
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
Amen Flappist, i hate it how Deutschland cops so much crap for what happened. The young generation of there citizens are still feeling the pain of what happened today. I have spent a lot of time in Deutschland and i genuinely feel sorry for them that they are hardly patriotic to there country. when the winter Olympics were on i was cheering for Australia yelling loudly, they couldnt understand how i could get so excited for my country to win gold. the world cup in 2006 definitely helped the country alot, they devolved a little bit of pride, but they have a long way to go. but still the majority of Australians are so ignorant that when you tell them Germany is your second favourite country in the world they say "why would you like Nazi's?". this is why Deutschland cant move forward.
Everyone raves on about Adolf Hitler, but really when you look at other leaders in power, his 6,000,000 dead Jews he is responsible for is on the small scale compared to the others.

That of course doesn't take away from what he did, but there where others which people have well and truely forgotton about, which probably reflects on history taught at school.

Mao, responsible for the death of 40,000,000 people.
Old 17-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #50
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Everyone raves on about Adolf Hitler, but really when you look at other leaders in power, his 6,000,000 dead Jews he is responsible for is on the small scale compared to the others.

That of course doesn't take away from what he did, but there where others which people have well and truely forgotton about, which probably reflects on history taught at school.

Mao, responsible for the death of 40,000,000 people.
WW2 estimaded death toll 50,000,000 to 70,000,000+ world wide....

China estimated death toll 40,000,000 in country....

USSR estimated death toll 20,000,000 in country....

The problem(s) with your comparison is you left out the other estimated 50 to 60 million deaths worldwide directly attributed Hitler kicking of WW2.

There are still plenty of people around the world who survived it, there are still millions of people around the world that where just kids at the time, and lost a parent (or both) or other family members. My grandfather was killed when a German bomb was dropped on him, my grandmothers brother was killed when a German torpedo blew his ship out from under him, my dad’s older brother was killed somewhere in Africa by German artillery.

I don’t harbor any animosity to the Germans, but the fact is it is not a distant memory for some, it only ended 60 years ago, how many 70, 80, 90 or 100 year old people are there around the world...???

As for Mao or Stalin, what they did was basically internal within their own country, and you have to understand at the time there respected countries where very much a mystery and closed off to the outside world and had very little effect on the population worldwide, I don’t mean nobody cared, it’s just that for the majority of the world it did not affect them like WW2 did....

"LEST WE FORGET" think about what that means for some people....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 17-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #51
glavas

i dont see why germany should take the blame for ww1. a few events and bam europe explodes into hell.

whats sucks is the german army was still unbeaten in the field. there stupid government is what let them down.

and dont get me started on ww2 germany so could have won it if hitler was not such a idiot. listened to his generals took out england before he went east. and not declare war on the usa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! far out i could go on all day.
Old 17-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #52
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
i dont see why germany should take the blame for ww1. a few events and bam europe explodes into hell.

whats sucks is the german army was still unbeaten in the field. there stupid government is what let them down.

and dont get me started on ww2 germany so could have won it if hitler was not such a idiot. listened to his generals took out england before he went east. and not declare war on the usa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! far out i could go on all day.
Your a ******* idiot mate.......

Why the **** would you want Germany to take out England you sick ****

Old 17-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #53
glavas

Quote:
Your a ******* idiot mate.......

Why the **** would you want Germany to take out England you sick ****

did i say i wanted that to happen? speaking from a military point of view. and the fact that im half german im not to fussed on the english anyway.
Old 17-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #54
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

I doubt I need to point out why we're done here.
Closed Thread