Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
DougM

Default AU111 doesn't lock.....sometimes

Hi everyone.....

I have an AU111 XR8 and sometimes times it won't lock.....Not by remote or the key?????????

It's an intermitant problem........

Any clues as to what it may be?????

Thanks.....

DougM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you lock it via the key, have you checked that ALL DOORS are not locking? Or just the drivers door?

If all the other doors except the drivers door are locking, then it's the actuator in the drivers door which is the electronic motor that locks the door.

$55 exchange on ebay.

Now......
2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual & Luxury Pack
- 302rwkw

2019 Escape St-Line
sd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
big_mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The battery in the keypad?

I'd change the battery and re-train the keypad/s
big_mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

A all of the above.
My back left door did not lock (the others did), so I pulled off the actuator swaped it and bing...it still didn't work. So I pulled the 'old' actuator off checked it and the spindle wasn't broken...so I put it back in and bing...it locked. All I can say is good luck
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
DougM

Thanks guys but it's more than that.......when I turn the key to lock it, the button goes down and then pops back up again.....Same with the remote......It's like the computer system isn't allowing me to lock it.....
Old 16-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

That sounds like a broken actuator to me. Try this
shut all the doors bar one, hit the button to lock but stand next to the open door and watch the lock and see if it moves.
If it moves repeat until you find the loack were nothing happens.
Thats probbaly the broken one
Uk
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
DougM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
That sounds like a broken actuator to me. Try this
shut all the doors bar one, hit the button to lock but stand next to the open door and watch the lock and see if it moves.
If it moves repeat until you find the loack were nothing happens.
Thats probbaly the broken one
Uk
Thanks for that.....

I'll give it a go tomorrow......

Cheers.

Doug.
Old 18-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Your drivers door mechanism and central locking motor is the problem I feel

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #9
big_mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pull the little lock thing that goes up and down on top of the drivers door. It just pulls off. Then try and lock it and see what happens.
big_mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post