Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-09-2005, 10:08 PM   #1
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default A virgin ebayer...

Just won a set of shock tripods with fittings on ebay for the GT, it's currently got chrome ones on it, I have always been sceptical about ebay, but thought I'd give it a go!!

item number 4575040256

will look better with the original look than this look!! and i'll satisfy a few purists out there lol

I know some may say a waste of cash, but I just don't have the time to get them powdercoated etc myself... i mean my brother is a powdercoater and all that, but i'm usually stuffed for time when i get back to australia and wanna just start the girl up!!

lets wait and see if all goes according to plans!! whoohoo.... so exciting.. or maybe i'm just bored less at work again?!?!?!

Mick

conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:14 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Ebaying is quite safe as long as you research your seller. As in read their feedback etc.

Beware though, ebaying become quite addictive after a while!!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:14 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Bugger the purists Mick, do it how you want it, just don't do anything that can't be undone.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #4
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know coupe, but when you look at my bay, the chrome sticks out like dog balls, would be different if it wasn't so damn nice looking!!!

Peuty, addictive yes, i have clammy hands.. lol

Mick
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #5
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Ebaying is quite safe as long as you research your seller. As in read their feedback etc.

Tell me about it, I just got this tonight for $41. I've seen them for $140.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04_1_b.jpg (20.4 KB, 132 views)
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 11:40 PM   #6
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

howdy Mick, we've been using e-bay for a few years now and never had a major problem, just the postage charge gets a bit over the top sometimes.
i agree with putting the originals back on, it would be different if you had chrome r/covers and such. nice bay too.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 02:39 AM   #7
CruizinEB
Banned

i don't trust shopping on line because you don't now if you get what you wanted.
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 10:00 AM   #8
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep postage can be a problem. Once I bought a Fordwatch for 99c yep 99c,but the postage from Japan was $12. I still bought it $13 watch still not expensive. I then wanted a different colour and bought another for another 99c but seller still charged $12 postage so two watches $26 in same post bag still not overly expensive. Seller only gave discount on 4 or more watches and then only 10%,thats a rip off. Could have fitted 6 watches in same post bag.
Old 20-09-2005, 11:35 AM   #9
XAGSV8
Member 178

I've been ebaying for 2 years now(buying and selling) and only had one problem seller. The product arrived faulty and after many emails he would not reply so guess what he got, some negative feedback. Other than that it has been hassel free and you can get some great bargins off there.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #10
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I've bought a few things from Ebay, have had no hassles with postage costs, and got the item just like I'd seen it on the site.
Old 20-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #11
gozza

HAHA addictive as hell
i think i bought 5 ps2 games last week
then a few knives
and always checkin for eb parts
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 11:48 AM   #12
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Congrats concordec... you've just been hooked on sweet lady E ;)

Just doesnt feel like you're spending money when you point and click... and some of the bargains on ebay, you'd be stupid not to buy!!!
Old 20-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #13
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty

I disagree, as I do this all the time and I just recently bought some XW/Y GS Cap's and the seller claimed they had gutter mark's (which didn't worry me) BUT he also stated that they had NO DENT's and this is the reason why I bought them, anyway they turned up yesterday and they have dent's in them, NOT HAPPY AT ALL, I contacted the seller to tell him I was dissapointed and he say's they didn't have dent's when they left his sight but there is no way in hell they could have got them in transit by the way they were packed and where they are, he said I could send them back for a refund but I don't think so, he can refund 1st and then I will send them, as I had to trust him 1st with the sale, now he can trust me, there are shark's out there.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post