Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #151
SVD

i think the term 'muscle car' is a pretty good give away, it is a car that requires muscles to go around a track very very fast... it can be a 6 or an 8 or a 10 or a 12. if it requires you to use alot of muscle to get it to go around a track at very fast speeds with very little mechanical help etc... then it aint a muscle car.
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #152
Bluntman
Loves the blunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraco
Not a true muscle car? What about a 283 FUEL INJECTED '57 CHEV or the rarest of all a 1957 CHEVROLET 150 2 door sedan NASCAR SPEC from Chevrolet, aka THE BLACK WIDOW!

Yeah I'm standing by my opinion. Like I said, the term "muscle car' is only going to be personal opinion but the 57 Chev I would class as a classic car, not a muscle car.

And yes I think to be a muscle car it has to be a two door. You can get tough cars in every variety but that doesn't make it a muscle car. I wouldn't say an XY GTHO is a muscle car as it has four doors. Yeah its an awesome car but its a sedan. Just like how the new Skyline is an awesome and tough looking car with only 2 doors but its no muscle car.
Bluntman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #153
jsoto
Starter Motor

^ 57 CHEVY FTW! incredible design and reputation.
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #154
Saraco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntman
Yeah I'm standing by my opinion. Like I said, the term "muscle car' is only going to be personal opinion but the 57 Chev I would class as a classic car, not a muscle car.

And yes I think to be a muscle car it has to be a two door. You can get tough cars in every variety but that doesn't make it a muscle car. I wouldn't say an XY GTHO is a muscle car as it has four doors. Yeah its an awesome car but its a sedan. Just like how the new Skyline is an awesome and tough looking car with only 2 doors but its no muscle car.
A fuelie '57 WAS a muscle car! Like it's rival the McCulloch(later Paxton)supercharged '57 Ford Fairlane. The muscle car did not begin in a blinding flash with the '64 Pontiac GTO in the US, but was slowly evolving from 1932 with the FORD V8 , 1949 OLDSMOBILE ROCKET 88, 1951 HUDSON HORNET,1951 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER/SARATOGA FIREPOWER HEMI V-8 ETC.Look at the Standard Guide To AMERICAN MUSCLE CARS, all these and many more are listed.
Saraco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post