Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #31
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
I'd like to hang these clown's upside down in my shed.. Belt the living **** out of them and feed them TAB ticket's.........
You sir should nominate for Prime Minister.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #32
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

I guess it comes back to, should we punish violence by more violence though? Is that only then going to teach people that violence is prefectly fine thing to undertake?

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Old 09-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #33
Territory Limo
Starter Motor

Default The "Justice" industry.

What if educators, parents, politicians, magistrates, police, public youth programs did identify anti-social, dangerous illegal activity in yong people of any age and implemented a program (no matter how "harsh") to modify and stop that behaviour ever occurring again?

Its a difficult balance - but I reckon the Justice Industry looks long term at these problem kids and sees them as good future regular clients. Do nothing at first - reinforce the Child's thinking that they can get away with anything and wait a few months until they engage the services of a whole train of public servants just waiting to make a living out of mischief. Then repeat that response until they are "adults".

By then they are hardened no-hopers who will never accept that they have to get an honest job for a living. Providing the Justice industry with a great long-term client.

What would a magistrate have to do if we had Police like Sheriff Joe Arpaio in the US? They'd deal with troublemaker just a couple times before they work out Jail isn't a chance to hone their lawbreaking skills - Jail is a place to avoid at all costs!

Plenty of salaries, cushy offices, huge budgets that need to be spent rest on the premise that we have a growing disrespect of the law and basic human concern for our fellow-man.

What happened to that young Girl was a the culmination of a life long pattern of accepting the bullies behaviour until they tragically stepped over a line that forces the "Authorities" to act.

They aint gonna get serious EVER - too much influence & dollars to lose.

Regards

John
Old 09-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #34
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddy200
I guess it comes back to, should we punish violence by more violence though? Is that only then going to teach people that violence is prefectly fine thing to undertake?
I know of a bunch of hoodlum's that use to hang around the local shop's many year's ago.. Hoodlum's use to threaten and intimidate the wive's and children of some older bloke's.... One night the older bloke's and uncle's of these wive's and children went up the shop's.. Arm's were twisted out of socket's.. Leg's were broken.. And knee's were smashed...... Hoodlum's were NEVER seen or heard of again.....
Old 09-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #35
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddy200
Would you like to know what happens when you speak out againist this sort of thing?

For those who live in Ballarat, may be interested to hear this. Friday Night, 5th Feb, A guy I only know from a few conversations but seemed a genuine person stepped from his VZ SS with nice Cream Interior, very nice SS to help a 13-15 year old kid.

Anyone of the Ballarat Area heard of the so called Ballarat Brawlers? There was about 25-35 young kids, I am talking 14-17 year olds wandering down the street, they started pressuring the above 13-15 year old to do things, breaking windows etc. they were chasing him, so the guy above stepped out, simply said "Com'on guys, no need for that".

What happened next? They all turned on him, and his car, not to mention his poor girlfriend sitting in the car. Jumped through the windscreens, caved the roof in, doors, pretty much reduced it to pretty much a write-off. They also descended on him, although he fought back, going up againist 20+ people isn't easy, throwing bottles at other cars in the vercinty.

How does something like this happen in some of the most open space in Ballarat (Front of Dan Murpheys for those in Ballarat), lack of respect and lack of police presence. This is only one of the issues that arose from this group on only the Friday Night. Now you tell me why people don't speak up?
We have the same kind of group here, numbers and ages are about the same. but they assault (with knives and bats etc) and then rob them.
Every weekend this happens, and all the local boys in blue do is call their "community" bus to take them home. No charges, they dont even show up most of the time...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 09-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #36
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Read this in the paper this morning on the train and was sickened...very sad state of affairs indeed and to think she had a relationship with one of these three chaps and that's how he ends up treating her....Scum like this need have the crap beaten out of them....a $15,000 fine WTF ?
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 09-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #37
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was a victim of work place bullying a few years back. This story absolutely sickens me. Something has to be done about bullies in the work place, HR and upper management if nothing happens. I serously dont know how these guys could live with themselves knowing they are the reason a young lady has taken her own life.

I remember when I put my formal complaint through HR and upper management tried to just sweep it under the rug. The person I complained about denied the whole, and management decided to take her side in the matter, even though I was the seventh person to put in a complaint about her.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #38
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
I know of a bunch of hoodlum's that use to hang around the local shop's many year's ago.. Hoodlum's use to threaten and intimidate the wive's and children of some older bloke's.... One night the older bloke's and uncle's of these wive's and children went up the shop's.. Arm's were twisted out of socket's.. Leg's were broken.. And knee's were smashed...... Hoodlum's were NEVER seen or heard of again.....
Well I am starting to think that the parents, pollies etc. have let this society now come to to the point where you cannot rely on the police to curve this behaviour and the above will happen. Sadly, once it does though, I then see there parents having a whinge so the pollies will want to look good and side with them, just re-creating a whole vicous cycle.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Old 09-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #39
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I cannot believe these drop kicks got away with a fine, it should be manslaughter.

We also have a local group of heros who hunt in packs, only last week they bashed a bloke around the corner from my house.
We heard the comotion and investigated only to have them stand down the road and watch us for a good 20 minutes shouting out and carrying on like the tools they are.
Ive seen the same group ditching oranges at passing traffic etc.

The day after i saw one of them walk past my house by himself, wouldnt even look at me the pussy.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #40
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.news.com.au/business/busi...-1225827798866
Quote:
In addition to the fine Smallwood was told this morning that he had lost his job in Queensland.
good to see - I wonder if they have any guilt or shown any remorse for their pathetic behaviour
Old 09-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #41
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyfer
Bad things happen when good people fail to act....

I spent the worst two years in high school because I could not stand by and watch the "tough guys" pick on smaller kids, it put a big target on me, but I have absolutely no regrets for standing up to them.

People need to stand up along side those being bullied, if enough people stood up and said 'enoughs enough" bullies would crawl back under their rocks. It is not just the police's responsibility to protect people, it is everyone's responsibility.

Take the situation the other day where a woman was being bashed by her partner in the street, only one guy went over to help, he himself was then bashed by this "hero", now imagine if everyone in the vicinity went over together....
Couldn't agree more. I was lucky because I was big footy player. I stood up to a couple of blokes who were hammering this kid day in and day out. It made me so angry. Bullying stopped, but they were too gutless to try anything on me.

It's disgusting to think that society is perpetuating the culture of inaction. Even down on a basic level. Makes me sick to see people fall over, or even drop their shopping and no one else goes over to help.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #42
seedywagon
IWCMOGTVM club supporter

I think it's great that they named the Cafe', there goes that guy's business!
K&N panel filter - XR6T Snorkel - F6 Typhoon CAI - BFXR6T 17inch Rims - RDA Slotted Rotors- Kings SL Front, SSL rear - XR shocks - Straight-through rear muffler - Blue Dash Conversion - Premium Sound Speakers - Colour-coded mirror scalps - 3.45:1 Diff Gears - Leather interior - Premium 6-stack colour ICC

FOR SALE - PM for details

Build Thread
Old 09-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #43
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

SO... instead of having a pack mentality of kids breaking the law, we now have a pack mentality of vigilantes wanting to exact their own forms of justice on the wrong doers of the world.
Issues such as this are tragic, however feeding the frenzied howls of outrage only gives these the 'prestige' & feeling of importance that they are looking for.
Regardless of our thoughts here - our discussions on an automotive forum will have zero effect.
We are done here with this...
Closed Thread