Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-09-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
ozhood
Starter Motor

Default 2008 LX Damaged - Help Needed

Hi everyone

I have a 2008 LX Hatch that has 7101 kms on the clock that had a minor dingle in June this year. Now my insurance company paid me out and I now own the wreck. I want to sell the wreck but have no idea what it's worth - and that's where you all come in. I have been told by the insurance company that the car is worth a maximum of $2500 but I'm sure that it's worth more. It owes me $4400 (the difference between what the insurance company gave me and what I spent to buy a 2007 TDCi with 40000 kms on the clock.

As I now want to sell the wreck, can anyone help with a rough price guide?

Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0712_3.jpg (35.1 KB, 81 views)
ozhood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Minor dingle? And it's now a write off?

Difficult ( impossible?) for anyone to tell you without knowing the full extent of the damage.

Given it's a head on, and the low price quoted to you by the insurance company, it could well be that the chassis rails and engine are both damaged.

In reality, it is only "worth" what someone is prepared to pay you for it.

You may get more if you break it and sell it off bit by bit
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem with selling off bits is you end up with a garage full of pieces, some of which you may never sell. If the motor and transmission are Ok I would have expected them to be worth at least the price the insurance company quoted of the whole wreck. Unless you had an XR 5 or top range model, selling standard model parts is much harder.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks a bit more than minor to me....

But in any case I have to agree with melbzetec that you may get what it owes you if you sell it as parts.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahaha, you and Elgreko should get together!!!!!

You can make one good car from both of yours, sell it and split
the difference. Then sell off any spares as cream.

- always thinking.... : )

LINK http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11272499
Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
dave_vic_ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozhood
Hi everyone
I have been told by the insurance company that the car is worth a maximum of $2500 but I'm sure that it's worth more.
Thanks

$2500 on a good day. The cheapest I know of was $800 for a running car but it had rolled.

I have bought 2 of these. I just wanted the motor and wiring.

Not much interest from ads I placed and a fair bit went to the wreckers and friends for nothing. I swapped some bits and some is still in the shed.

I know of others in a similar position. The motor is awesome so not many need a new one unless you put it in something else.

Engine swaps are getting harder to do as they are very complicated electrically.

All the best for the sale.

Dave D.
dave_vic_ozz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
elgreko

He He very funny leakey, I wanted to keep mine and fix it as a spare, not worth the effort. Ozhood just get rid of it and count your losses. Your just going to look at it and get depressed!!!
elgreko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post